+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cleric or mage pve

Soulwalker

Default cleric or mage pve

hey guys, as far as pve, which is better? i know, loaded question, just lookin for you pros who have experience end game, how does their dps compare, how does their healing compare etc. the stormcaller and pyro interests me, while the inq/cab aspect of cleric interests me. again, dont care how op pyros are in pvp blah blah, just care bout pve

Plane Touched

For healing Chloros are better, they heal like a cleric and DPS at the same time. And mages do more DPS. Cleric healing is one dimensional, they have good AOE DPS with Inquisitor/Cab. Pyro right now is the premier PVP build they probably ill get nerfed.

As far as healing goes it is pointless do play a cleric in this game. You have much more versatility with a mage and sacrifice nothing to get it. At this moment Chloros make both bards and clerics pointless. If you like casters then for sure mage.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mogus View Post
    As far as healing goes it is pointless do play a cleric in this game. You have much more versatility with a mage and sacrifice nothing to get it. At this moment Chloros make both bards and clerics pointless. If you like casters then for sure mage.
    Yes because patch 1.1 is how healing is always going to be set for this game.

If you want to heal, go cleric. If you want to dps or support heal, go mage. Cleric dps does not compare to mage dps yet and im not sure it ever will.

General of Telara

As far as healing goes it is pointless do play a cleric in this game. You have much more versatility with a mage and sacrifice nothing to get it. At this moment Chloros make both bards and clerics pointless.
    Wow. I'm sure that a lot of people will disagree with you on this.

Just curious--have you ever healed as a Chloro, or are you just speaking from a place of bitterness?

Clerics have the most versatile healing in the game period. Chloros are unique healers with very strong advantages to them, but they simply don't have the versatility of the cleric healing trees.

Rogues have basically one splash heal in the Bard tree; that hardly makes them healers any more than Archons are healers because they have one shield. Bards have so many important buffs that no one would deny them a place in their group.

What you're saying just isn't correct at all.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shinz View Post
    Yes because patch 1.1 is how healing is always going to be set for this game.

If you want to heal, go cleric. If you want to dps or support heal, go mage. Cleric dps does not compare to mage dps yet and im not sure it ever will.

So you are arguing after they balance mages Clerics will be viable over Choloros? Mmmkay. I won't hold my breath. The OP wanted to know between Clerics and Mages at this moment...at this moment you would be a fool to level a Cleric for healing when you can do the same with a mage only with the ability to DPS and bring utility.

Champion

For healing Chloros are better, they heal like a cleric
    No they don't.
    Please play either before commenting.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wenry View Post
    Wow. I'm sure that a lot of people will disagree with you on this.

Just curious--have you ever healed as a Chloro, or are you just speaking from a place of bitterness?

Clerics have the most versatile healing in the game period. Chloros are unique healers with very strong advantages to them, but they simply don't have the versatility of the cleric healing trees.

Rogues have basically one splash heal in the Bard tree; that hardly makes them healers any more than Archons are healers because they have one shield. Bards have so many important buffs that no one would deny them a place in their group.

What you're saying just isn't correct at all.
    Yeah I have played as a Cholro have you? Bard buffs are not that significant. If you take a bard for the minuscule buffs (that can flitter away in battle and no one notice) over a Cholro who can do 3 times the damage of a bard whilst main healing the group if need be AND provide buffs then I don't know what to tell you.

Try grouping as a Cleric when there is a Cholro in the group.....you do not even have a chance to heal and your DPS sucks. Chloros ought to be at the same level as bards for healing, they bring utility and way more DPS to the group. Bard buffs which are unoticeable do not make up for the disparity.

Cholros need a major nerf, but until they are I will just enocurage everyone to roll one, I already have one. And I hate playing as mages...but why be dead weight to a group?

+ Reply to Thread