+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can we have more Profile Slots?

Default Can we have more Profile Slots?

Pwetty Pwease?

4 Roles is simply not enough.

/signed
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 04-09-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Soulwalker

do mean role or char slots?

since you arent clear!

4 roles is more than enough

i would like more char slots though please!

Quote Originally Posted by Nahtay View Post
    4 roles is more than enough
    Only if you never switch roles.
    Some, however, like to do that.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

Plane Walker

well from a rogue point of vieuw 4 is not enough

you want:
    1 melee dps spec.
    1 ranged dps spec
    1 bard spec
    1 tank spec
    1 pvp spec
    1 solo spec

got my point ? and then you can't even make bossfight specific specs.

I think that's Trion's intention actually. You have to choose what you want to work with and run that way. It's a lot of effort to change around everything (ok, *I* hate respeccing). Part of he game is choice so that everybody doesn't have the same cookie cutter roles going on. At least, I'm sure that's the intention. I'm not sure how well that's working since I hear a lot of pyro and assassin builds out there that are always being used.

Not sure really. I'm totally fine with four, but then again I'm a cleric. Most of my souls overlap in terms of their purpose.

Ps: This belongs elsewhere, but I've noticed lately that I take down assassins when thrifty to gank me as a cabalist/inquisitor... Is that normal or was that a patching thing?

Anyway, there's my thoughts!
    Asrael, Warrior Guardian of the shard "Shadefallen"

- Respecting others, Guardian and Defiant alike since launch! -

Rift Disciple

Moar slots plz!

Plane Walker

I need Role for

Range PVE DPS
    Range PVP DPS
    Melee PVE DPS
    Melee PVP DPS
    Tank Build
    Support Build

Prophet of Telara

Simply put, 4 is not really enough - from a Rogue perspective.

I need a ranged instance build, tank instance build, and support instance build right off. That leaves me with room for one role geared towards PvP, meaning I can't have a ranged PvP and melee PvP role etc etc.

Telaran

There are only 4 classes so you only need 4 character slots and you can be any class combo possible in the game.

But I agree that I would like more roles. And not just rogues. Four is just not enough for someone who likes to both PVP and PVE, as well as fill multiple roles such as heal/dps/tank/support/melee/range/etc... MY main is a mage, and I find myself pigeon-holed into 1 or 2 pvp and pve specs, or having to constantly respec (which gets extremely tiresome). I could easily create 10 different roles and use all of them. If I hadn't already invested so much into my current character I would have rolled two 50s of the same class. One for PVP only and one for PVE only so that I could have more role options.
    Last edited by JBro; 04-09-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Four is more than any other MMO I have seen. WoW gave you two, most only give you one. Rift has more character versatililty than any game I have seen. Can you really use more than four on such a frequent basis? There is always the respec option.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Brigit View Post
    Can you really use more than four on such a frequent basis? There is always the respec option.
    Yes. I can use more than 4 on just one dungeon run and I cant respec in the middle of a dungeon.

Don't get me wrong, I love that I can swap roles in the middle of a dungeon, it really sets this game apart from others, but they could make it even better if I didn't have to constantly respec just to get the most out of my character.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigit View Post
    There is always the respec option.
    Spoken like someone who doesn't respec. =P

It's not just re-allocating all those points. Most of the work is in reorganising all the skills and macros. Maybe you could work with 12 random skills on the main bar and all others non-existant. I could not.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

You have the ability to pay your trainer to reset your souls.

Use it.

Four slots is plenty.

@Pandus as someone who played primarily as a healer in WoW vanilla. Allow me to play a violin for you.
    Last edited by Tarkus; 04-09-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    -Isais, Lotham US.

< Buff Clerics >
    We're not recruiting. Sorry.

/signed

i agree, 4 is not enough. what makes this game shine is the soul system. it's a theory crafter's dream come true.

as mage, i need
    1 chloro
    1 archon
    1 pvp
    1 5 man
    1 20 man (yes, i use a different spec for greenscale)
    1 for testing builds.

it wouldn't be bad if there was just an option to save profiles of builds, or something along those lines. having to go back to the trainer and lose all the info, just to have to manually place it all again is pretty annoying.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Telaran

Everyone who says you can just respec clearly doesn't. Yes I know you can respec, I do it constantly. But its expensive, time consuming, and can't be done in a dungeon or WF when you need it the most. Which is why I, and others like me, want more roles.

Anyone opposed to this is just being an ***. It doesn't affect you any to have more roles so why be against it? Its a good idea and plenty of people would use the additional roles.
    Last edited by JBro; 04-09-2011 at 08:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast