+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: best defense + best offense = bad game design

Sword of Telara

Default best defense + best offense = bad game design

i dont get why the best burst soul in game has so many defensive spells (like 30% less duration of silences and stuns) and also GoS....

while this soul can still enjoy a 2-3k crits easily.

The answer is simple - some of the devs love mages. In my opinion warfronts are less fun after 1.1 because of pyros because now it's all about AE and heals. As a cleric I admit that warriors had some very annoying skills but at least they forced me to learn to play hehe Pyros are just imba.

Im waiting until 1.02

It better feature some significant nerfs
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Shield of Telara

I must say as a warrior who has recently rerolling pyro, pyro's are fine, just BRING MORE FRIENDS if there's one pyro in your way, GET SOME FRIENDS get a raid what have you, some classes you cant easily just win 3v1 some classes are balanced for 10vs1, would you rather us all fight with STICKS THAT DO 1-2 DAMAGE?

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    I must say as a warrior who has recently rerolling pyro, pyro's are fine, just BRING MORE FRIENDS if there's one pyro in your way, GET SOME FRIENDS get a raid what have you, some classes you cant easily just win 3v1 some classes are balanced for 10vs1, would you rather us all fight with STICKS THAT DO 1-2 DAMAGE?
    LOL. "You have to OUTNUMBER A PYRO OR YOU ARE DEAD"... That's what imbalanced means, chieftain. The sad truth is that if I came to kill a pyro, and I brought more friends - but the friends I brought were non-pyros, and then an equal number of your pyro friends showed up to help YOU, simultaneously... I'm pretty sure it's safe to say I wouldn't even be able to scrape my friends off of myself because I would be in liquid form.

I don't think you know what balance even means in the context of a competitive multiplayer game.
    Say no to Damage Meters.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverDeath View Post
    It becomes a standard by which idiots who don't understand game mechanics can judge people often unfairly. Especially in a game that allows for such diverse builds, there is a real market for support classes here, classes that don't top heals or top dps or top tanking, but can help a group by being versatile, an ace-in-the-hole for those tough situations you hope never happen, but inevitably will.

Damage meters are an idea that can spread like wildfire among the minds of the feeble, and all they will see is numbers, and the number on that meter is the number they will place on your value - and it is incredibly short-sighted and tragically inept of them, but an almost certain side-effect of such an option. It's not necessary, in the least. You will know if you are doing well, based on how many bosses are killed while you are in attendance, because there is no "i" in team, which is something that MMO players used to understand when they were usually gamers, but less so now that they are mostly WoW-kids.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Timukas View Post
    The answer is simple - some of the devs love mages. In my opinion warfronts are less fun after 1.1 because of pyros because now it's all about AE and heals. As a cleric I admit that warriors had some very annoying skills but at least they forced me to learn to play hehe Pyros are just imba.
    my only problem is that there's nothing to truly counter mages right now. Warriors on the other hand had many counters. Oh he's AoEing? spread out. Oh, he charged at you and stunned you and instawtfpwned you? that's ok, at least I know he sacrificed himself to get that kill (and me getting instapwned only rarely happened).

I've been told that the 'counter' to mages is marksman range... what a complete joke! Marksman dps can basically be outhealed by AoE heals. Mages gain survivability and dps at the same time standing in Gos.

Realize that most of the time when I say mages I'm most likely referring only to pyros, however there are some other specs that are good, just not as obviously OP as pyros are right now

Sword of Telara

i've never seen so much power combined with so much defense

You guys actually think Pyros are gonna get more than a slap on the wrist?

lol

Not with da'gersh. Dream on.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Complain. Send feedback every time you die in a Titan's Strike or get one-shot by Blast Charge and are waiting to respawn. Complain in the forums. Start threads outside of the Mage forum. Actively discredit Warriors and Rogues who would keep us down. Don't try to be mature or the "good guy" and stay quiet. It never works. Rift Mage Forum Link

Fact is if they don't fix pyros pvp is doomed.

Ascendant

pyros wiped teams much better last patch with stacked perma AoE stuns

just sayin

Plane Touched

Remember how everyone thought bright wizards would get nerfed? And like waited for it every time there was a big patch?

Remember how it took like 2 years to balance BW"s with Sorcs, and how BW's were still OP?

Yeah, same guy is in charge of class balance here. Get used to pyros guys, they aint getting nerfed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    I like how you're so blatantly sarcastic with your comment, but the guy after you is so dense they still can't see that you were joking. I give you a cookie.

aux

I heard a Pyro won a 1v20 Port Scion match the other day.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    I heard a Pyro won a 1v20 Port Scion match the other day.
    Aux Atrum did it.

Plane Walker

removed, incorrect reference
    Last edited by Ceol; 04-09-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast