+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: MM Pedastel vs Pyro GOS

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default MM Pedastel vs Pyro GOS

    Pyros and MM are generally considered squishy.

    6 point base pyro:
    10% more damage take 10% more damage
    18 point base Mm:
    10% more damage
    Hy no penalty, it must be because it's deeper in the tree. I guess.

    Deeper into the trees:
    44 Pyro:
    30% less damage taken, immune to CC, 30% process for 2 second stun.
    Wow that is amazing!!
    51 MM:
    30% more damage

    Let me ask which you would rather have for pvp?
    30% more damage or 30% less taken, CC immunity, and 30% process for stun?

    The 51 point pedestal for MM needs a serious review. The entire tree is built around mobility because of the seriously lack of defense. The damage outside of cooldowns is mediocre and probably not even the same ballpark as pyro damage outside of cooldowns.

    So the ultimate skill effectively nullifies 10+ talent points that are required to even unlock it.
    For a skill that goes against the theme of the tree it really doesn't synergies well with the playstyle.

    The Mage pyro skill doesn't neuter talents in the pyro tree because you can skip the talents that buff the other ground skill. GoS gives a ton of staying power so that the tree can become effective.


    Tell ya what, if ya want MM to stand still despite the tree buffing mobility, how about just switching GoS and the mM pedestal? If GoS really isn't that powerful then MM having something similiar shouldn't be a problem right. And for pyro a 30% damage turret buff meshes with the tree perfectly fine. And if pyro need GoS to even survive so they can do their job, how come MM don't need something similiar?

    People wonder why they read things about Bright Wizards and "lolgersh".

    Is it any wonder?

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Dude, the pyros will just come and try and justify this with some B*ll**** about MM supposedly being a mobility class, or saying a good MM with 35m range should kill a pyro, which is laughable.

    I 100% agree, 51points for 30% damage, or 51 points for 30% damage redux, CC IMMUNITY and 30% stun on all fire spells, AND a no mana INSANE nuke. Yeah, I'd swap too.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    "but but but the Mm has 35 range!!!"

    Not sitting on a pedestal they don't.
    Flicker stun instant GoS.

    So. 51 MM vs 44 Pyro, the pyros GoS effectively removes the damage buff ofthe pedestal while also giving THIRTY % stun proc... For 7 less points investment, 17+ if you count the MM wasted talents. Did I mention the CC immunity?

    The guys who created GoS wouldn't know balance if they fell off a see saw.
    Last edited by Platonius; 04-08-2011 at 03:09 PM.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Mages are more squishy than Rogues.

    Energy mechanic is FAR superior to mana mechanic.

    Rogue GCD is 1.0 secs, Mage GCD is 1.5 secs.

    The list goes on...

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Festo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zansobar View Post
    Mages are more squishy than Rogues.

    Energy mechanic is FAR superior to mana mechanic.

    Rogue GCD is 1.0 secs, Mage GCD is 1.5 secs.

    The list goes on...
    So it makes sense to you that marksman has almost half the points in the tree focused around increasing it's mobility but it needs something that negates it's mobility to do most of it's damage? Really? That makes sense to you? Because that's what you're hinting towards

    And if the rogue GCD was truly 1 second for rogue, your point might make sense, but because of the way our energy system works, our GCD is no where near 1 second.

    One last thing, if energy was a superior resource than mana, rogues would be in a better position than mages are. Right now, they aren't
    Last edited by Festo; 04-08-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zansobar View Post
    Mages are more squishy than Rogues.

    Energy mechanic is FAR superior to mana mechanic.

    Rogue GCD is 1.0 secs, Mage GCD is 1.5 secs.

    The list goes on...
    GCD being 1second yes but after first 5-6 abilities which they will need to use alot more then that to kill someone thxs to their Lack of DMG is by far more then 1.5seconds.

    Not all Rogues have Stealth so i dont see that as a Factor.

    even without GoS up he'd probably still hit weaker in Sniper's Pedestral then the pyromancer.

    The Dmg Rogues Currently Put out is a Joke not to mention they are the One Calling without any Scaling Root abilities. Such as So and So points above 36 increase dmg of blah blah.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    One last thing, if energy was a superior resource than mana, rogues would be in a better position than mages are. Right now, they aren't
    Take away their infinite mana recharge skills and it would change. As it is, if a Mage runs out of mana he is either being drained or is a bad player.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I gotta wonder how much crying we would hear if mages GoS was nerfed to be just like the MM pedastel, 30% more damage and thats it.

    But rogues should just accept their 51 pt pedastel without crying at all...

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    And if the rogue GCD was truly 1 second for rogue, your point might make sense, but because of the way our energy system works, our GCD is no where near 1 second.
    with my own testing, rogue GCD is in fact 1 second :P your argument is kinda moot anyway, even if it wasnt 1 second, it is still .5 seconds faster than every other class, so its the relativity thats important

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zansobar View Post
    Mages are more squishy than Rogues.

    Energy mechanic is FAR superior to mana mechanic.

    Rogue GCD is 1.0 secs, Mage GCD is 1.5 secs.

    The list goes on...

    1. Were actually talking pyros and MM here, not mages and rogues with all their callings.
    Pyros are far less squishy than MM thanks to GoS. Nice try. If you want to count all mages, they get Detaunt. Good try though!

    2. Once a rogued has bottomed their energy they are on an effective 2 second global cooldown. That one was really easy.

    3. Actually your list ended because you have nothing else.

    Nice try though!

    Im pretty sure all babies cry when they have candy they shouldnt taken away.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehgreiz View Post
    with my own testing, rogue GCD is in fact 1 second :P your argument is kinda moot anyway, even if it wasnt 1 second, it is still .5 seconds faster than every other class, so its the relativity thats important
    Really?

    Did you also test how much time it takes to get enough energy once its gone to do another move? Come back when you have! Great first post though.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander McBlobbicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zansobar View Post
    Mages are more squishy than Rogues.

    Energy mechanic is FAR superior to mana mechanic.

    Rogue GCD is 1.0 secs, Mage GCD is 1.5 secs.

    The list goes on...
    trololololo

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platonius View Post
    Really?

    Did you also test how much time it takes to get enough energy once its gone to do another move? Come back when you have! Great first post though.
    lol whats that got to do with anything? i was merely stating the GCD, energy renewal had no place in my arguement

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Festo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehgreiz View Post
    with my own testing, rogue GCD is in fact 1 second :P your argument is kinda moot anyway, even if it wasnt 1 second, it is still .5 seconds faster than every other class, so its the relativity thats important
    Yes, the rogue GCD is technically 1 second, but like I JUST SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST(READING COMPREHENSION MUCH?), the way the energy system works, we do not have a 1 second GCD for the majority of the fight. Hurf durf.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    Yes, the rogue GCD is technically 1 second, but like I JUST SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST(READING COMPREHENSION MUCH?), the way the energy system works, we do not have a 1 second GCD for the majority of the fight. Hurf durf.
    typing while at work while dealing with **** that actually matters, so sue me.

    ps. as my previous post implies, i was merely arguing technicalities, so get off your high horse mate, no need to try and look like an ******..

    tho to be fair you seem to do that just fine without any effort so that comment is probably moot too. shrug.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts