+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macro help

Telaran

Default Macro help

Hi gang. I'd like some tips on creating a Champion macro. Not sure what the details are of Rift's macro mechanics regarding specifics of checking attack status.

What I want is a macro that works something to this effect:

IF Inescapable Fury conditions active THEN cast Inescapable Fury
    IF Inescapable Fury conditions inactive THEN cast Frenzied Strike
    IF Frenzied Strike conditions inactive THEN cast Power Strike

How would I approach this macro with the in-game command options?

Ascendant

We don't take kindly to your types around here.

Come back when you start slinging spells instead of clumsily waving slabs of metal about.

[edit] apparently the number of pyro threads on this page got me confused into thinking i was in the mage forums.

Since these arent actually the mage forums, if you just put:
    cast Inescapable Fury
    cast Frenzied Strike
    cast Power Strike

it always tries the abilities from top to bottom, only if the top two are unusable will it use the bottom one.
    Last edited by Caldern; 04-08-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Telaran

You weren't complaining about my "clumsy slabs of metal" when that dungeon boss was bashing my shield arm into a fine powder.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    We don't take kindly to your types around here.

Come back when you start slinging spells instead of clumsily waving slabs of metal about.

[edit] apparently the number of pyro threads on this page got me confused into thinking i was in the mage forums.

Since these arent actually the mage forums, if you just put:
    cast Inescapable Fury
    cast Frenzied Strike
    cast Power Strike

it always tries the abilities from top to bottom, only if the top two are unusable will it use the bottom one.
    OH, I didn't think the auto checking was inherent. I figured it would just give me failure messages if I set it up that way.

Thanks for the info. And also, lol at mage forum. It happens, I do the same thing with Riftblade complaint threads. XD

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberrycocoa View Post
    OH, I didn't think the auto checking was inherent. I figured it would just give me failure messages if I set it up that way.

Thanks for the info. And also, lol at mage forum. It happens, I do the same thing with Riftblade complaint threads. XD
    as i typed it out it will give you error messages about putting more than one ability on a single macro.

i think #suppressmacrofailures at the start makes it shut up with those messages about "ability not ready" and the like

+ Reply to Thread