+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What if GoS was aoe buff?

Plane Touched

Default What if GoS was aoe buff?

I get it. A lot of people despise GoS. CC immunity seems to be the largest complaint. Pre 50 and pre 1.1, and even in beta, one of the largest squishy complaints were stunlock/deaths in warfronts. Since most premades in warfronts usually have well put together CC toons that practically pause your gameplay until the respawn countdown hits 0 again then why not provide this CC immunity to your entire group/raid party about the same size as typical AoEs rather than the itty-bitty GoS bubble hoarded by the pyro today?

If everyone could benefit somehow maybe there would be less QQ and more strategy involved, whilst encouraging everyone to stick together. Yea, that probably wont happen as I find a majority of ppl in warfronts dont stay close to or protect the ranged or even chloros to get the constant heal benefits. Just thought I'd throw my morning brain fart outhere to see if there would be any constructive criticsm or not. Yea, I know, probably the latter. :-/

Ascendant

all this would do is give p;yros more mobility to 1 shot people.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    all this would do is give p;yros more mobility to 1 shot people.
    So in short, you're saying that any class that could provide some type of CC immunity buff to the party it would only benefit a pyro. Ok, I'll consider that. It will be hard to, but I'll try.

Sword of Telara

you are suggesting to remove the CC from pvp....
    PVP without CC = PVE.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by trajika View Post
    So in short, you're saying that any class that could provide some type of CC immunity buff to the party it would only benefit a pyro. Ok, I'll consider that. It will be hard to, but I'll try.
    yes it would only benefit pyros cause if there is no CC then it becomes a game of who has the most burst damage to counter healing and thats pyros by a country mile.

Mofugga-bethlam

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    you are suggesting to remove the CC from pvp....
    PVP without CC = PVE.
    Via a ground spell laid down by a caster, yes. To clarify, I didnt mean it would follow the caster.

I just thought for a moment that some type of CC immunity ground available to more than just a pyro would be better than only pyros getting it. I'm not gonna bother with this as its obvious that the problem in most peoples eyes has nothing to do with the amount of CC available to all the callings and only to do with the pyro's immunity.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by trajika View Post
    Via a ground spell laid down by a caster, yes. To clarify, I didnt mean it would follow the caster.

I just thought for a moment that some type of CC immunity ground available to more than just a pyro would be better than only pyros getting it. I'm not gonna bother with this as its obvious that the problem in most peoples eyes has nothing to do with the amount of CC available to all the callings and only to do with the pyro's immunity.
    CC is fine,people take the PVP soul in the full offence side... big mistake.

if you go to the defensive side maybe you could accept all these CCs

you cant take 100% damage and then expect to pwn people...only pyros can do this.
    Last edited by Nodisplay; 04-08-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    yes it would only benefit pyros cause if there is no CC then it becomes a game of who has the most burst damage to counter healing and thats pyros by a country mile.
    So Jaym is back trolling again...

Ascendant

honestly i think the game has too much CC, which is why GoS is so damn awesome.

i think the WAR CC model (all CC provides temporary immunity, so its a game of timing CC well) was better than the WoW model (lots of CC all da time, stunlocks woo!)

immunity to CC wouldnt be nearly as good if it only blocks the one CC move every 20s that you werent going to be immune to.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    So Jaym is back trolling again...
    1.1 says i was right about sabs.

Mofugga-bethlam

+ Reply to Thread