+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We Need To Know The Devs' Goals

Default We Need To Know The Devs' Goals

With 1.1 hitting and mages (especially pyros) receiving more than necessary, most arguably at late-to-end game while warriors have numerous bugs fixed while also being nerfed just about across the board, and rogues apparently... still underwhelming to everybody that players them, I think we deserve some real insight from the devs regarding their goals and expectations and how close they feel they are to a proper balance with each calling.

Take my main (and so far only real experience) a beastmaster/champion mix for example. I have no reason to remain a mix and have every reason now to become a 51 champ. BM lost so much frontload with no backload compensation (our bleeds) that, between the bug fix and even a further nerf to our backload itself thanks to our bleed damage increasing passive, Tenacious Wounds, losing 2 percentage points when maxed, that champion abilities start the fight outdamaging us and, short of boss encounters, remain outdamaging us rather significantly. Our reactive, Flesh Rip, is on GCD and provides no attack point (and may very well be the only warrior ability that is on GCD, gives no AP, yet has no utility component). Our AoE Finisher, Feral Sweep, costs 10 energy more than Champion's AoE Finisher, Bladefury, while doing an average of 35% less damage even after the full bleed and requires the bleed to even get to that much. And these are just some of our most obvious and overlooked problems. I have every reason to stop being a beastmaster, especially further given the many skills out there that overwrite our bond buffs, so there goes out group viability, too (oh, and Enraged Companion's buff still is bugged to give us aggro on pull)

We need the devs to speak up. We need to know what to expect and how to voice our opinions and feedback. Until they say something, we may as well be talking at a wall.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Talking at walls is what the community does best.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

what i don't get is why do all game dev's leave imbalance that's known about by 99% of the community there for a month until they release the rest of the changes? fix the bugs within a week of knowing about them and if its still over preforming/under preforming then fix that, don't wait a month leaving the game hideously imbalanced and when they do release the changes they also incorporate nerfs/buffs that end up taking it from 1 extreme to the other.

If they fixed everything within a week of knowing about it we could solve half the imbalanced issues. Stop over nerfing or over buffing because cry babies don't know how to play!

I agree. I would like Trion to just let us know what their intentions are for each class. If they want Rogues (for example) to do less DPS than other callings than that's fine they should just say it. But they should also tell us what role they expect non-Riftstalker and non-Bard Rogues to play in this game if not DPS, soul by soul. And the same goes for other callings/souls. I don't like being left in the dark.

Are rogues really that bad?

A guildie was talking about how his 40ish rogue was critting for as much as his 20ish pyro was critting for the other day.

Plane Walker

Trion needs to just fix the bugs first then hand out buffs and nerfs. I just don't understand nerfing and buffing on bugged data. Problem is too many people religous check the forums. I tend to surf them at work so I'm on a little more then what is healthy but go like 5 days and check for and update on progress and bug fixes. try that for a month.

Plane Touched

With the complexity of all the possible soul combos in every calling I expect every nerf/buff to have massive impacts unless they tone down their changes significantly but of course the QQ will just increase because everyone wants it changed NOW. The 1.1 patch didnt even sound like it would effect the game that much but it obviously did according to the majority of the user base. I suspect that if the same amount of changes occur again we'll just see a major flipflop in calling QQ, again. If you are a QQer and dont want to adapt to the environment this game is probably the worst one for you to get involved in.
    Last edited by trajika; 04-08-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deioth View Post

A guildie was talking about how his 40ish rogue was critting for as much as his 20ish pyro was critting for the other day.
    yes. of the melee classes, we are the most gear dependant, we have 0 armor pen and rely on a 33dps dagger to even start to compete with warriors. however, fully geared we do compete with them... but having to wait till then to shine is very painful since the game does not start at 50 in full greenscale gear... it start's at lvl 1 naked!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

More communication would be welcome and appreciated.

They are probably very busy, but really a few lines thrown together does wonders.

That's what I loved about them during the beta and headstart!

Quote Originally Posted by Deioth View Post

Yeah... it's pretty bad. Combined with the fact that melee DPS gets shreded easily by AoEs and now you have mediocre DPS and die constantly. I made a rogue because I wanted to be a Bladedancer. And while it's fun for solo, I can't get invited to dungeons as one and actually be one. So my entire motivation for leveling rogue is gone and now i'm having to go back and level something else. While the soul system is a neat idea, they need to add class identity ASAP. There's no reason, and infact no way, to be anything other than what is best for your calling in that given patch cycle. Whereas say if Bladedancer was a class you choose, they would have to make it viable for dungeons and raids. Now they can just ignore it. I don't want to be a ranger, but all rogues who want to DPS are pretty much forced to be.

I agree, we really need some input from the Dev's.

Although I agree that they are busy, a quick sentence or two on if they're "looking into the situation" would greatly help. They could have saved a few canceled-subs if they did such a thing.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrin View Post
    what i don't get is why do all game dev's leave imbalance that's known about by 99% of the community there for a month until they release the rest of the changes? fix the bugs within a week of knowing about them and if its still over preforming/under preforming then fix that, don't wait a month leaving the game hideously imbalanced and when they do release the changes they also incorporate nerfs/buffs that end up taking it from 1 extreme to the other.

If they fixed everything within a week of knowing about it we could solve half the imbalanced issues. Stop over nerfing or over buffing because cry babies don't know how to play!
    I created a thread querying the ability to adjust/balance classes while at the same time trying to 'fix' bugs...was told I was 'wrong' and
    Your opinion of the 'process' does not change the fact Trion has a lock down on what the numbers do, how they do it and when they are supposed to do it. They do not need to fix a bug to know what the original talent would do in any situation.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Left View Post
    I agree, we really need some input from the Dev's.

Although I agree that they are busy, a quick sentence or two on if they're "looking into the situation" would greatly help. They could have saved a few canceled-subs if they did such a thing.
    I, for one, want to know if they realize Beastmaster's are now highly outpaced by champions now in all but boss fights, and that's a maybe. Seriously, our friggen AoE finisher costs more and hurts less even with full blade than Champ's comparable finisher. We were drastically over nerfed. I enjoy pet classes and the fact that the warrior, a class who never has pets, actually has a pet is just awesome to me. I want BM to be a part of all my builds short of tanking (and wouldn't mind synergy there, either). Problem is, it really lacks value if you don't main the BM soul and it has really zero third soul value.

Champion of Telara

The Devs have shown they are trying to balance the game.

The nerf to Warriors was a step in the right direction. They still need a dps reduction (probably through a Strikes like Lion nerf), and Rogues need a dps increase.

For the Devs to create balance, dps needs to be Rogue=Mage > Warrior > Cleric
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-10-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Warriors aren't even close to > Cleric, right now it takes 5 people 7-10 minutes to kill a good Cleric.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast