+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about bards

Default Questions about bards

Call me ******ed, but I was wondering if spellpower has any effect on the healing of coda of restoration and verse of vitality. I know that the more damage I get from cadence the more steady healing I do but wouldn't spellpower effect the amount healed by these abilities?

Are these healing abilities spells or non-physical abilities?
    I ask because I have 3/3 in unstable state which increase the damage of non-physical attacks. (because I thought cadence was non-physical)

I am currently stacking Dex with runes, and its the primary stat on my gear.

BUT.

What if I switched some Dex. for Spellpower... would there be an increase in healing?
    Last edited by riiptide; 04-08-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    Codex - Riptide - Twiddle

Alsbeth ~ Defiant

I would suggest reading through the Rogue forum. This is answered en masse.

The short response is no. Bards use the same stats as other Rogue souls; AP, Dex, Str, Crit, Hit.

A common misconception is Crit > AP for Bards. This is incorrect. It has a lot to do with the fact that a Bards damage is so low, but AP > Crit. There is an inflection point where Crit > AP, but it's at, as far as I can tell, astronomical gear levels.

AP > Dex > Str > Crit

Make sure you reach the +hit caps first.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    I would suggest reading through the Rogue forum. This is answered en masse.

The short response is no. Bards use the same stats as other Rogue souls; AP, Dex, Str, Crit, Hit.

A common misconception is Crit > AP for Bards. This is incorrect. It has a lot to do with the fact that a Bards damage is so low, but AP > Crit. There is an inflection point where Crit > AP, but it's at, as far as I can tell, astronomical gear levels.

AP > Dex > Str > Crit

Make sure you reach the +hit caps first.
    To add to this, the coefficient for Cadence is greatly affected by attack power (what you are going to be spamming over and over between finishers/motifs) and is based on the "active" weapon used. You have to gear your rogue much differently to play Bard versus the other rogues souls (Bard is AP, Riftstalker is Endurance/Armor/Toughness, for the other rogues souls, it's all about melee crit).

All rogue souls need a minimum +hit (200-220) for end-game PvE. -> not easy to do without at least 5 in Bladedancer
    Last edited by Xsi; 04-08-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    All rogue souls need a minimum +hit (200-220) for end-game PvE. -> not easy to do without at least 5 in Bladedancer
    T1 Experts - 0 Hit
    T2 Experts - 100 Hit
    End Game Raids - 200 Hit

Very easy to do without 5 in BD. I am only 2/5 in T2 and 168 Hit. This is without any runes. Helm/Leg Accurate rune would put me over 200.

I rolled 51/10/5/ Bard/NB/RS. NB for 5 points in CP damage, 3 in non-physical damage and 2 in finisher damage. RS for 5 in +%AP.

thank you guys for all the clarification. I'm currently doing some end-gamish content, my hit is 141... and I havent seen myself miss much at all.. if any. Do i still need 200+ hit?
    Codex - Riptide - Twiddle

Alsbeth ~ Defiant

yea cause its believed meta and ppl wil look for it
    who took my names!

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    yea cause its believed meta and ppl wil look for it
    Battles are not static and missing dramatically lowers your DPS and more importantly, may get you and your team killed. It's the nature of boss encounter game mechanics.

I would like to point out, you all are still not at 200-220 +hit. Bladedancer makes up for that while you are gearing for T1 and again when you are gearing for T2.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Battles are not static and missing dramatically lowers your DPS and more importantly, may get you and your team killed. It's the nature of boss encounter game mechanics.

I would like to point out, you all are still not at 200-220 +hit. Bladedancer makes up for that while you are gearing for T1 and again when you are gearing for T2.
    Agreed, hit is especially important for bards.

You dont heal if you arnt doing damage for the most part, and cadence costs a huge amount of energy, misses take bards out of commission, and two misses in a row = CC'd bard.

Correct, we are not at 200-220 hit while gearing in T1 and T2 experts. However, we don't need 200-220 hit when running T1/T2.

You need 0 hit to not miss in T1. You need 100 hit to not miss in T2. You only need 200-220 once you are in 20 man raids. At which point you will have 200-220 hit from running T2. If you are trying to jump straight into raids instead of T1/T2, you are essentially bypassing content, as raids are intended to be after T1/T2.

All-in-all, BD is not really optimal unless you are purposely trying to give up hit rating on gear for other stats. However, you will find it very easy to get the appropriate amount of hit without really trying.

+ Reply to Thread