+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: If you nerf pyros then cleric will become unkillable gods

Plane Touched

Default If you nerf pyros then cleric will become unkillable gods

Theres no other class that can hurt them. Im not pyro, but I dont want WFs to become stagnation fights where none ever dies. If you dont plan to fix healing in pvp, then dont nerf pyros either.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zax1 View Post
    Theres no other class that can hurt them. Im not pyro, but I dont want WFs to become stagnation fights where none ever dies. If you dont plan to fix healing in pvp, then dont nerf pyros either.
    so nerf clerics too.

Rift Disciple

nerf rogues
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

Sorry, they can't fix bad.

Nerf warriors please

Plane Walker

Pyros can't kill me as a cleric right as we speak. (I'm half dressed in T2 PvP gear)

Do you know what kills me? Heal debuffs stun/silences and focus fire. And no, pyro stuns are not enough to get me especially with the diminishing returns.

Do you know what's the most effective strategy vs my team? Don't kill me. Stun me with those long time rogue stuns and then just focus on my team. I'm then useless on my own as last man standing.

I assume we're talking about end game PvP, right?
    Last edited by Xasapis; 04-08-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

Make melee purifiers viable please, i want to club people with a flaming staff.

Atleast clerics can be cc:able, which makes clerics easier, but not easy, to kill
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Champion of Telara

Pyros can't even kill clerics. Thing is clerics can't heal thru pyros damage on *other* people. Once pyros are nerfed they need to nerf cleric instant casts and buff the casted heals which are all horrible to encourage cc/interrupting them rather than just spamming damage.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Rift Disciple

I once thought that im going to be a pocket-healer to a seemingly cool warrior. Then a sudden ball of hurling fire came along and before i even realized whats going on, the warrior was dead, leaving me standing and mourning.

Ascendant

Clerics are extremely easy to kill ...just like healers are in every MMO to date. They are easy to kill with team work and CC. If you nerf clerics healing soul survivability, you are going to run into a problem where clerics can't stay alive long enough to heal anyone, let alone themselves. This will effectively make the game crappy for EVERYONE. Players like longer fights, not getting killed in 3s, and feeling like they are actually contributing to a fight... make clerics unplayable, and all of that is going to go away.

As it stands in this game, healing souls have nearly no CC ....and very few overall tools to get out of trouble. Not to mention, clerics typically have small mana pools in comparison to mages combined with extreme high cost spells they have to utilize, quite often actually, to heal through multiple targets taking damage.

In all honesty, a single enemy should absolutely never be able to take down a healing cleric with consistency unless the cleric screws up ...by good design. However, the healing cleric should also take 10 minutes to kill something if they attack it instead of healing (this is reality now). I think it boils down to the whiners simply needing to learn to play. CC, heal debufs, and mana drains quite simply own clerics. (there is also a certain rogue spec that can EASILY solo clerics with healing souls ..and do it relatively quickly).
    Irony - Pathiss

Rift Disciple

You seem stupid.

Plane Walker

You don't know much about clerics do you?

Forgetting for a second the wardens and their hots, you get one ability that converts any spell into instant cast and 100% from the PvP soul [Greater Empowerment](2mins cooldown) and another from the sentinel soul [Touch the light] (45secs cooldown). Then you have the normal healing spell [Healing breath] (8secs cooldown). If you invested in warden and got [Restorative Tide], then anytime somebody crits on you, you heal for roughly 500-600 points over 12 seconds. You can also pre-buff yourself with [Orbs of the Stream] from the warden tree for 3x800hps, you can re-apply that buff every 2mins, 2secs cast so can't apply when focused.

You can pop up a shield that reduced damage taken by 40% for 8 seconds [Healing Covenant] and you can debuff one target by 50% damage reduction for 15secs (1min cooldown) [Detaunt]. Also you can remove roots and become immune to rooting for 8secs if you invested in Warden [Dissolution].

Once you're out of those you are basically dead, unless serendipity procs, which would also make [Healing Grace] normal 2secs cast into 0.5secs cast.

The problem with healing clerics is that they are not fun to play up until prestige 3. Prestige 2 makes them borderline bearable. You'll need the prestige points to invest both 20 points into the PvP soul and get valor related items.
    Good teams will macro target you.
    Good teams will also disable you and focus on other team members and leave you for last (assuming you're high in PvP levels and can survive their attacks. If you're prestige 2 or less, you're paper thin).

So you got to ask yourself, how many clerics you see healing in battlegrounds? Are they enough? If not, why do you think that is?
    Last edited by Xasapis; 04-08-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Plane Touched

Dominators can kill clerics.

Soulwalker

When did they remove heal debuffs and CC? Maybe look into your spec...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast