+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to Balance Mages

Default Suggestion to Balance Mages

Red buff of Power - No longer gives AP/SP, Now increases damage done by 15%

Archmage -
    Planar Attunement - Now increases damage by 10% (down from 15%)
    Double Tap - Now makes the interrupted spell have 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1 second less cast time, down from 100% less cast time
    Overload and Withered Vein - Switched places

Dominator
    Clinging Form - No longer reduces cooldown
    Swift Control - Now reduces the cast time of your spells by 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 seconds for 6 seconds, no longer based on a %
    Controlled Opportunity - Reduced to 30% (down from 50%)

Pyromancer
    Ground of Strength - Damage reduction and chance to stun reduced to 20%, no longer immune to movement based CC (knockbacks and pulls)

Fulminate - Now does its damage over 6 seconds
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

aux

A better way to balance all mage souls:

Pyromancer
    Ground of Strength: Now a 0-point skill.

Prophet of Telara

since the title is "suggestion to balance mages" and not "suggestion to nef pyros" i suggest you put buffs for at least the 4 main broken mages souls too.

fact is that there are so few specs that you can play as a pvp mage that is nearly insane.

about your original post, your dom nerf is way too much. clinging should retain its cd reduction, if anything they should up its diminishing returns if they want to nerf it for pvp.

your fulminate is also too much of a nerf. its a spell that requires full hcarge and has a high cd, meaning not spammable. the best way to balance it would be to reduce its dps by 30% and also reduce its cd by 30%. keeping its overall dps over a long time the same but killing it's busrt which is its pvp problem atm imo.

As I knew somewhere in this list of garbage there would be "Please let me stunlock pyros", I didn't bother to consider any of the suggestions.

It really just gets people's goat that GoS has immunity to most CC. Even if pyros didn't do good damage, most mages would play them in warfronts just to avoid stun/silence locking.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    since the title is "suggestion to balance mages" and not "suggestion to nef pyros" i suggest you put buffs for at least the 4 main broken mages souls too.

fact is that there are so few specs that you can play as a pvp mage that is nearly insane.

about your original post, your dom nerf is way too much. clinging should retain its cd reduction, if anything they should up its diminishing returns if they want to nerf it for pvp.

your fulminate is also too much of a nerf. its a spell that requires full hcarge and has a high cd, meaning not spammable. the best way to balance it would be to reduce its dps by 30% and also reduce its cd by 30%. keeping its overall dps over a long time the same but killing it's busrt which is its pvp problem atm imo.
    Well Pyro alone isnt too OP (probably does need SOME nerfs tho)

Squirrel is too good in PvE too, name another class with idiot proof CC (ie someone breaks it, and you can instantly put it back up repeatedly)

Fulminate I barely touched it, its damage wasnt lowered at all, its just no longer burst
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    As I knew somewhere in this list of garbage there would be "Please let me stunlock pyros", I didn't bother to consider any of the suggestions.

It really just gets people's goat that GoS has immunity to most CC. Even if pyros didn't do good damage, most mages would play them in warfronts just to avoid stun/silence locking.
    How about reading it before posting then

GoS still provides complete stun immunity
    Last edited by Talamare; 04-08-2011 at 01:22 AM.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

You mean stormcaller? no thanks ... this is even more OP than pyro, people have not figured it out yet.

Necro/lock? Again no thanks ... nothing wrong with these souls

Elementalist? Best tanking pet in the game .... hmm no thanks

Archon? Besides conflicting buffs, this is fine.

Dominator? This was and still is the best pvp soul. (Hint group pvp isn't about lol dps)

Chloro ? 600 dps healer .. nuff said

Pyro? Do I even have to mention this?

So which souls were underperforming again?

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    How about reading it before posting then

GoS still provides complete stun immunity
    Stun immunity which will be made pointless if pyros could be pulled out of GoS. Every warrior and their mother would ensure that it happened to pyros more than 90% of the time. Mages (other than pyro) are already too easy to control. Pyro is the only exception, and they have to sacrifice mobility for it which often times gets them rolled anyway.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Prophet of Telara

Well Pyro alone isnt too OP (probably does need SOME nerfs tho)

Squirrel is too good in PvE too, name another class with idiot proof CC (ie someone breaks it, and you can instantly put it back up repeatedly)

Fulminate I barely touched it, its damage wasnt lowered at all, its just no longer burst
    inquisitor
    bard

those two can put indefinnatly up their cc on target.

rogues can sap two targets for 45sec each.

as of now, the only use i have seen in pve with transmogrify is on solo mob pats.

also, dom SUCKS for pve instances, so why shouldn't he have 1 powerful ability if its others abilities are almost worthless for 99,9%of the encounters.

before you say that i am low level, i am at gsb atm.

inquisitor
    bard

as of now, the only use i have seen in pve with transmogrify is on solo mob pats.

also, dom SUCKS for pve instances, so why shouldn't he have 1 powerful ability if its others abilities are almost worthless for 99,9%of the encounters.

Both of those effects only last 8 seconds, and 30 second duration on Squirrel with 15 second cooldown = indefinite as well

Rogue cant RE-sap if it was broken, dom can

I dont care what level you are btw
    Last edited by Talamare; 04-08-2011 at 01:29 AM.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

inquisitor
    bard

Yeah, dominator is one of the only mage souls (that I can think of off the top of my head) that has powers specifically listed as being able to affect players only. It's more a pvp soul than anything. I've never seen anyone bring a dom into an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Stun immunity which will be made pointless if pyros could be pulled out of GoS. Every warrior and their mother would ensure that it happened to pyros more than 90% of the time. Mages (other than pyro) are already too easy to control. Pyro is the only exception, and they have to sacrifice mobility for it which often times gets them rolled anyway.
    Usually in balance you are given 2 options

1 - Remove the effect
    2 - Add counters to the effect

So I will let you pick which you prefer

A - Ground of Strength - No longer provides immunity to ANY CC
    B - Ground of Strength - No longer provides immunity to Knockbacks
    Last edited by Talamare; 04-08-2011 at 01:33 AM.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

aux

1 - Remove the effect

You missed:

C - Remove all CC

1 - Remove the effect

You do realize that I'm going to tell you that GoS has a counter, and to counter the GoS with dispel. Or just kick the pyro's ***. Right?

This game's rampant CC abuse leaves me with absolutely no sympathy for anyone complaining that there's a class in the game that they cant just stunlock 100-0 any time they want.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-08-2011 at 01:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast