+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Official Word on Upcoming Patches Addressing Class Balancing?

Default Official Word on Upcoming Patches Addressing Class Balancing?

I have checked a lot of the whining threads as well as the Dev boards but have not located anything that could be interpreted as official word from Trion that a forthcoming patch is incoming soon. Anyone?

For the record, I enjoy playing all classes. As far as DPS goes, all callings should have a DPS spec that is comparable to other callings. Then, each calling should possess essential abilities for pvp groups / raiding / expert dungeons. This is the only way to prevent entire classes from being excluded from endgame content.

There will never be class balance. However, if Trion insists on having literal DPS races in a lot of their PvE endgame encounters, then they better keep up the callings on DPS output.

I just would like to see an official word from Trion.

Sword of Telara

So far we've gotten some 'we're looking into it' remarks for a significant nerf to paladin skills, aside from that, all seems to be well in rift and there is no need for anyone to change anything.

Balance status: Achieved.

edit: trololol
    Last edited by Corebot; 04-07-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    So far we've gotten some 'we're looking into it' remarks for a significant nerf to paladin skills, aside from that, all seems to be well in rift and there is no need for anyone to change anything.

Balance status: Achieved.
    You need to end posts like this with "trololol".
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shademade View Post
    I have checked a lot of the whining threads as well as the Dev boards but have not located anything that could be interpreted as official word from Trion that a forthcoming patch is incoming soon. Anyone?

For the record, I enjoy playing all classes. As far as DPS goes, all callings should have a DPS spec that is comparable to other callings. Then, each calling should possess essential abilities for pvp groups / raiding / expert dungeons. This is the only way to prevent entire classes from being excluded from endgame content.

There will never be class balance. However, if Trion insists on having literal DPS races in a lot of their PvE endgame encounters, then they better keep up the callings on DPS output.

I just would like to see an official word from Trion.
    If all callings are required to have the same dps shouldn't all calling in that mmo have the same survivability and utility? I think a better earmark than the wow all classes should do the exact same thing with different colored effects and ability names, would be to have earmarks for the type of damage they do.

IE, tag all the callings so people know they're designed for aoe burst or sustained damage primarily. for instance, elementalists do ok burst and AoE and very good sustained damage atm. Pyros do ok sustained and AoE and hella good burst. Stormcallers do hella AoE with ok sustained and burst. They seem relatively balanced looking at eachother. Necros are sustained primarily. Archon is ok sustained aoe and burst, with excellent support capabilities. Dominator is ok burst and crazy as hell support. The problems come in when looking at propects versus other classes. I rarely see people comparing say sab's and pyros for burst capability. (sab's got shafted and need a small buff btw in my opinion) or stormcaller and MM AoE capability. Or ranger and elementalist sustained capability.

A lot of the issue is that they expect an AoE focused dps soul to pull the same sustained damage as a sustained based dps soul. Screw the fact that I can drop 15k in 2 gcd's I should do the same damage over time as bill!! If you do that, then why the hell would any group take bill over you? ever? In fact they'd make bill go respec to your spec unless you provided some gamebreaking buff without you.

In many ways they may need to look at increasing survivability of some of the melee dps classes and decreasing or maintaining their overall dps. Champ and nightblade burst is crazy, and honestly giving them the staying power to remain in fights through some of the hostile melee conditions would do more for the game than making every spec do the exact same dps over time.

edit: increasing survivability of many of the dps souls that are less bursty would do a lot to balance things like necro and pyro pvp abilities as well.
    Last edited by dozey; 04-07-2011 at 03:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread