+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GoS is not the only problem

Default GoS is not the only problem

Incase people havent realized it yet
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    Incase people havent realized it yet
    This.

Even without GoS they're still stupidly overpowered, no one should be able to dish out that much damage, they make pre patch Sabs burst look like a Cleric healers Damage burst.

Sword of Telara

its true.
    even without GOS 1 shot people is still bad.
    we cant even CC someone who kills us in 1 shot.

oh and btw 3-4 shots someone is still bad in case some pyros want to say that they do just 2k fireballs and its not 1 shot.

Soulwalker

an easy fix would be to lower the range when they have casted GoS so their 30m spells only reaches 10-15m... then you can get out of their way a little easier and they cant just stand 30m away and spam all they got with no care

Quote Originally Posted by Exea View Post
    This.

Even without GoS they're still stupidly overpowered, no one should be able to dish out that much damage, they make pre patch Sabs burst look like a Cleric healers Damage burst.
    I really don't understand this. Fulminate 100 charge. Cinderburst 3 sec cast (can go instant with flame armor) Both have long CDS. Unless the Pyromancer hits his spell speed buff and brings them back up. But that can only happen 1 more time and they have to wait 2 mins for the speed buff. (Speed buff also gives them half GCD half spell casting time and brings all abilities on CDs back up) After that they have nothing for about 30 seconds and that is only 2 kills out of a group.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    I really don't understand this. Fulminate 100 charge. Cinderburst 3 sec cast (can go instant with flame armor) Both have long CDS. Unless the Pyromancer hits his spell speed buff and brings them back up. But that can only happen 1 more time and they have to wait 2 mins for the speed buff. (Speed buff also gives them half GCD half spell casting time and brings all abilities on CDs back up) After that they have nothing for about 30 seconds and that is only 2 kills out of a group.
    Other callings/souls have weaker crap on longer cooldowns, but besides that, 1 shotting is just ****ty design.

This was gone over for sabs, it was changed, pyros still do it, it has not been changed.

woo. go balancing passes.

No matter the cooldown 1 shots are bad.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Telaran

Taking 5.5k damage within 2 gcds after heatwave of cinderburst + inferno is pretty insane. They need to make heatweave a 2 min cd and the fireball and flamebolt needs to be nerfed to 3/4's their current damage.

Rift Disciple

Yeah you're, let's remove cds as you should be able to 1 shot the hole group and not just 2 people, awsome logic.

A pyro once beat chuck norris.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

You're right, you don't understand.

The setup is completely irrelevant. No one cares if it takes an hour to set up the perfect kill.

The whole point is that getting one-shot (or effectively "one-shot" by being permastunned or polymorphed) before you can react in any way is, quite simply, stupid.

Sab pre-1.1 could do it. It required setup, too (and charges could be cleansed, completely negating the Sab's setup), but no one cared. They just cried and cried about the burst damage that was delivered in one hit, so Sab was nerfed into the ground. How many Sab QQ threads have you seen post-1.1?

The same will happen to Pyros. People don't like being killed in 1-2 hits without being able to react. It's stupid no matter what class is doing it.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuchknoodle View Post
    Other callings/souls have weaker crap on longer cooldowns, but besides that, 1 shotting is just ****ty design.

This was gone over for sabs, it was changed, pyros still do it, it has not been changed.

woo. go balancing passes.

Woo wait a second, other callings/souls? have weaker?

You mean stronger, 7 seconds of Critical hits, on a ONE minute cooldown.

No one beats that.

Clerics drop me in seconds with that. Its their I win button. They get to win every minute, Pyro every 2 minutes.

But then, I welcome changes to mage class, granted I may not be able to kill 5v1 after that, but well, the second I can no longer kill a cleric, I'll be re-rolling cleric.

Those pyro QQ tears are so sweet. mmmm

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Evervent View Post
    Woo wait a second, other callings/souls? have weaker?

You mean stronger, 7 seconds of Critical hits, on a ONE minute cooldown.

No one beats that.

Clerics drop me in seconds with that. Its their I win button. They get to win every minute, Pyro every 2 minutes.

But then, I welcome changes to mage class, granted I may not be able to kill 5v1 after that, but well, the second I can no longer kill a cleric, I'll be re-rolling cleric.

Those pyro QQ tears are so sweet. mmmm
    You have a disarm button... so he or she would get off one critical hit at best.

Oh wait... you're the guy who stands there and eats Living Flame like it was gonna heal you.

Telaran

The setup IS important to understand so the pyro isn't incorrectly fixed. The damage of the spells themselves isn't what causes the rapid kills people complain about. It's the setup method that enables that outcome.

Dominator squirrel increases dam by 50% so maybe that talent needs to be higher in the dom tree or something. No cooldown on the squirrel is pretty unfair too since if the first 50% bonus nuke didn't do the job no big whoop cuz you're squirreled again and boom!

Heatwave already has a cooldown to it so its good for burst since cinder burst is a hellishly long cast otherwise. Honestly if I cast a spell that give my opponent that much time to react, it had better hurt.

Ooh a thread about how pyros are overpowered! I have been looking for one of these for hours! Thank you for posting this. I was beginning to get scared that no one had noticed pyro was OP!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast