+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Video: RIFT level 50 Rogue PvP - Yippie Kye Yay! (Guardian, patch 1.1)

Default Video: RIFT level 50 Rogue PvP - Yippie Kye Yay! (Guardian, patch 1.1)

(Watch in HD 720p!) So, after migrating from Aion, I've had high hopes for this game and it's PvP balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg__21P2_PM&hd=1

After seeing what 1.1 did to rogues (and dps/burst in pvp in general), I decided to make my 1st RIFT vid. Don't give up hope, we'll get buffed eventually! (Or, the game will just die.)
    Last edited by Slic; 04-07-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Guess I'll have to buy some heal potions and actually use bloodthirsty lol

I Write Junk - TheStarvingGamer.com

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Haterade View Post
    Guess I'll have to buy some heal potions and actually use bloodthirsty lol
    Why wouldn't you use bloodthirsty? You can keep that **** rolling nonstop as nightblade. Also, rogues are fine imo. Finally got mine to 50 and not once have I had any complaints about rogues being weak, just certain other specs being too strong. Marks should have an option to become more of a glass cannon though, but till then you can stack runspeed abilities and they are all applied additively. Enjoy that passive 50% speed with 100% uptime if you have competence.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 04-07-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

I've been chewing through Heroic Healing Tonics pretty much non-stop in PvP. It makes a big difference. Pair it with Twilight Shelter and you can grab a lot of attention to help your teammates complete objectives in Warfronts, or slowly turn the tables in one on situations.

good stuff slic
    █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

LOL! That was bad *** man. If more rogues spent less time on the boards and more time getting better with what they have at their disposal, I'd be in a world of trouble in pvp.

Here comes a pve rogue ready to flame me out of context.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Why wouldn't you use bloodthirsty? You can keep that **** rolling nonstop as nightblade. Also, rogues are fine imo. Finally got mine to 50 and not once have I had any complaints about rogues being weak, just certain other specs being too strong. Marks should have an option to become more of a glass cannon though, but till then you can stack runspeed abilities and they are all applied additively. Enjoy that passive 50% speed with 100% uptime if you have competence.
    I have never rolled a NB, but what is Blood Thirsty a potion? And what difference doest it make being a NB?
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Quote Originally Posted by Vokan View Post
    I have never rolled a NB, but what is Blood Thirsty a potion? And what difference doest it make being a NB?
    Blood Thirsty is a Guild perk which replenishes 30 percent of your max health over a period of 6 seconds? after every player kill. It uses an item called Silver Artifact which can be found in your local Guild charter Merchant. If you're in a guild that does not have Blood Thirsty then obviously your guild is PvE oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by -Slic View Post
    (Watch in HD 720p!) So, after migrating from Aion, I've had high hopes for this game and it's PvP balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg__21P2_PM&hd=1

After seeing what 1.1 did to rogues (and dps/burst in pvp in general), I decided to make my 1st RIFT vid. Don't give up hope, we'll get buffed eventually! (Or, the game will just die.)

I honestly don't have much problems in PvP either (except im too squishy-but that's expected) The problem with rogues atm (And most will agree) is that we are all pidgeon-holed to the NB spec now. I was using NB before the sab nerf so it didn't really affect me much. The MAIN issue with rogues is our PvE dps. But how do you fix PvE without it making us OP in PvP lol

They don't need to buff rogues as a whole, just make some minor tweaks to our OTHER souls. NB Is fine the way it is imo.
    Last edited by Chotu; 04-07-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Don't Hate The Game, Hate The Chotu.

Chotu - Regulos - Guardian - <Vantage>

Soulwalker

Mind posting your spec and / or typical rotation? I'm trying to make the switch from Ranger and I'm pretty damn clueless.

Thanks mate, love the vid.

BAH

So close, a PVP video featuring Rammstein without Du Hast... so close..... DAMN IT.

Good video up until 8:08

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Soulwalker

wow so many names , almost thought i was on new vaizel forums, Phor btw.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
    Blood Thirsty is a Guild perk which replenishes 30 percent of your max health over a period of 6 seconds? after every player kill. It uses an item called Silver Artifact which can be found in your local Guild charter Merchant. If you're in a guild that does not have Blood Thirsty then obviously your guild is PvE oriented.
    The guy was getting healing from more than just Blood Thirsty. As nice as it is to see a rogue owning like that, would the results have been the same if he wasn't using all that, or if the other players had been using the same tools?

I don't really think it's fair to say that rogues are fine based on this video.

Soulwalker

After watching your video i have to say i saw nothign good about it, Extremely geared rogue vs under geared players. Lots of ganking people which yes is pvp but ganking means you are set up speced correctly geared correctly and they are not. And a warrior with equal gear and champion spec would drop you in a group pvp environment and lets face it that is all Rift has.

A well speced pyro mage does better in pvp then equal geared rogues, A well speced champ warrior does better then rogues. SO to anyone saying rogues are fine, beating a bad player of an OP class does not make rogues fine.

BTW im not saying your bad im saying rogues still suck

Quote Originally Posted by Absalon View Post
    The guy was getting healing from more than just Blood Thirsty. As nice as it is to see a rogue owning like that, would the results have been the same if he wasn't using all that, or if the other players had been using the same tools?

I don't really think it's fair to say that rogues are fine based on this video.
    Only other constant healing I saw was the poison.

Apart from potions, anyhoo.
    Last edited by Nebhatesyou; 04-07-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenartic View Post
    After watching your video i have to say i saw nothign good about it, Extremely geared rogue vs under geared players. Lots of ganking people which yes is pvp but ganking means you are set up speced correctly geared correctly and they are not. And a warrior with equal gear and champion spec would drop you in a group pvp environment and lets face it that is all Rift has.

A well speced pyro mage does better in pvp then equal geared rogues, A well speced champ warrior does better then rogues. SO to anyone saying rogues are fine, beating a bad player of an OP class does not make rogues fine.

BTW im not saying your bad im saying rogues still suck
    1) This game is nowhere close to as gear-dependent as, say, Aion or WoW.

2) You could've mentioned a million other warrior specs that actually **** my face, but you mentioned champ, which shows you're a little ignorant. There's exactly 1 champ on the server that can consistently beat me on both my sin and nightblade - Fafa.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast