+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Guide] PvP Healing

Default [Guide] PvP Healing

A guide I made for Rift Junkies that healers could find useful.

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2011/04/0...-others-alive/
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Plane Touched

Corrections:
    Empowering light is a 10s CD
    You need 21 points to get Ripple

Suggestions:
    -Don't be dismissive of 51 point abilities, specifically Warden
    -26 points in Sentinel doesn't get you much more than what you get at 21, whereas 28 gets you Serendipity
    -Don't imply that everyone needs to go heavy into Sentinel when plenty do fine with leaving it as a 0 pt soul
    -Include more of the PvP souls, they are made for a reason and greatly effect the builds you'd be looking at. 5 points is ok enough for Pugs, but doen't help much vs stronger competition.

Quote Originally Posted by alanis View Post
    Corrections:
    Empowering light is a 10s CD
    You need 21 points to get Ripple

Suggestions:
    -Don't be dismissive of 51 point abilities, specifically Warden
    -26 points in Sentinel doesn't get you much more than what you get at 21, whereas 28 gets you Serendipity
    -Don't imply that everyone needs to go heavy into Sentinel when plenty do fine with leaving it as a 0 pt soul
    -Include more of the PvP souls, they are made for a reason and greatly effect the builds you'd be looking at. 5 points is ok enough for Pugs, but doen't help much vs stronger competition.
    Thanks for the feedback!

I plan to do a another entire guide to PvP souls so I decided to leave them out.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Rift Disciple

Some suggestions for the bard sections:
    - even though bard healing is straightforward, you should probably list the 4 spells we get anyway in case people who are new to the class read it, since you did with the others.
    - it seems you are not suggesting a 51 bard, which has a really useful skill. Verse of joy lets your teams warriors and rogues spam all there skills while it's up, which can let them greatly increase their damage.
    -I agree with night blade, the important point to mention is the combo building Dmg buff and elemental skill dmg buff both increase your cadence damage/healing, and unlock enough points for hellfire blades, all for 8 points. A really nice sweetspot for bards.
    -Another soul people use is Ranger, since you gain the 5% crit, and damage resistance, and can get an attack power buff(more healing also) for 6 points. I do prefer riftstalker personally though, since teleport is a life saver.
    -With marksman you can kite, but you can't use bard skills and kite, since you have to stand still and channel, so that doesn't seem like a good synergy, just my opinion there.

And just in general, don't discount cool downs, they are great! Usually the only real even battle in the game is the first one when everyone spawns together and buffs up before the match. The losers of that clash are in a bad position with having half the team respawning and with no buffs, it's hard to get back on equal footing. So blowing cool downs to win that first fight is important.

+ Reply to Thread