+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Support Solo/Main Heal in Expert Other than Clerics

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    162

    Default Support Solo/Main Heal in Expert Other than Clerics

    I know some Chloro has done it before, even in T2.

    Feedbacks are that it is crazy tougher, most Tanks don't go with that setting.
    I wonder why Trion don't make other classes than cleric be main/solo healer?

    My imagination is that I would like to see Pally or Chloro or far-fetched Bard main heal in Expert.
    Chloro main healed quite well in normal instances. Come expert, they become support.

    Since Rift managed to make 3/4 classes be tank, why not at least 3/4 classes be main healer.
    We know 4/4 classes can dps. But right now, only 1/4 classes can truly heal in end game.

    Warrior - Tank + DPS + (Is Warlord considered support?)
    Cleric - Tank + DPS + Healer - Big bonus in Rift, being able to fulfill all 3 roles - tank, dps, main heal.
    Rogue - Tank + DPS + Support
    Mage - DPS + Support

    Ok, I guess Rogues have 3 roles, sort of. They should be fine, perhaps some love would be ability to rez.
    Mage and Warrior only get 2 roles atm.

    Sometimes it is just frustrating we are lacking clerics, considering they are the least played class.
    Not many people like to stare at green HP bars. I play Rogue/Bard - I don't mind main healing if the need arises.
    I like the idea that I can tank as Riftstalker when need arises.

    The only weak link now is the healing requirement in groups. No cleric, no groups.

    Some 3-man group quests in Shimmersand, the final boss has 45k HP. A chloro can probably main heal such situations or even Bard. I would like to see at least most classes being fullfill at least 2-3 roles ie. tanking, dps, support/healing.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xrande View Post
    Chloro main healed quite well in normal instances. Come expert, they become support.
    Lol? Chloro provides better heals than clerics, period. The can easily solo heal almost every T1 and some of T2.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    chloro can main heal every t1+t2 currently in the game.

    chloro has always a spot in raid.

    there are many fights in t2 that chloro > cleric.

    there is 1 fight in t2 that cleric > chloro

    cleric offers more certainty in single target fights, chloro in aoe fights

    what else fo you want? to eradicate the need for clerics completly?

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    woah woah woah. i cant remeber the last time someone said to me "hey ur a cleric. will you tank, or dps". you can complain we have all 3 roles as much as you want, but u know as well as i do that all you ever ask a cleric to do is heal. atleast on my server the majority of people do not trust a cleric tank or laugh at cleric dps. so stop ur complaining
    Last edited by fpsalex; 04-07-2011 at 04:24 AM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

    I just group with cleric tank in expert last night. Amazing tank!
    If a cleric or rogue says they want to tank, I will let them do it.

    My mistake about chloro being main heal. That is the feedback from them or tank.

    I dont play mage but want to proof a guild mate wrong that he can main heal
    So what is a good chloro build? My research says full chloro or chloro/lock.
    Some go chloro/achron.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    chloro is extremely boring though.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default hah!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    chloro is extremely boring though.
    funny i think cleric is insanely boring...

    Cleric healing: stare at green bars hit heal keys... /yawn while dispelling and clicking more castable heals!

    Chloro: DPS!?!? and DPS SOME MORE! pew pew pew!?!?! look at mai healz!?

    really its a matter of play style and preferance i have a cleric i rolled to dps with =P because i find cabb/inquistor more fun then any of mage dps specs but vice versa i enjoy chloro healing much better then cleric healing.

  8. #8
    Telaran Stewbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xrande View Post
    I know some Chloro has done it before, even in T2.

    Feedbacks are that it is crazy tougher, most Tanks don't go with that setting.
    I wonder why Trion don't make other classes than cleric be main/solo healer?

    My imagination is that I would like to see Pally or Chloro or far-fetched Bard main heal in Expert.
    Chloro main healed quite well in normal instances. Come expert, they become support.

    Since Rift managed to make 3/4 classes be tank, why not at least 3/4 classes be main healer.
    We know 4/4 classes can dps. But right now, only 1/4 classes can truly heal in end game.

    Warrior - Tank + DPS + (Is Warlord considered support?)
    Cleric - Tank + DPS + Healer - Big bonus in Rift, being able to fulfill all 3 roles - tank, dps, main heal.
    Rogue - Tank + DPS + Support
    Mage - DPS + Support

    Ok, I guess Rogues have 3 roles, sort of. They should be fine, perhaps some love would be ability to rez.
    Mage and Warrior only get 2 roles atm.

    Sometimes it is just frustrating we are lacking clerics, considering they are the least played class.
    Not many people like to stare at green HP bars. I play Rogue/Bard - I don't mind main healing if the need arises.
    I like the idea that I can tank as Riftstalker when need arises.

    The only weak link now is the healing requirement in groups. No cleric, no groups.

    Some 3-man group quests in Shimmersand, the final boss has 45k HP. A chloro can probably main heal such situations or even Bard. I would like to see at least most classes being fullfill at least 2-3 roles ie. tanking, dps, support/healing.
    “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

    - Oscar Wilde

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Ydyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Our main tank of the guild prefers me healing (chloro/archon) over a cleric. And I haven't had any problems healing him through T1 and T2, but you have to make sure that you know the tacts and have enough focus.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    chloro healing is somewhat boring, but at least we get to see damage numbers! (you can manage it with a macro to cast natures touch/spores, and have ruin nearby for burst heals, and if really necessary theres bloom and flourish)

    its definitely a main healer with pad aoe setup though, synthesis gives that away pretty quickly.

    many instance bosses do intermittent aoe, which allows LGV heals in the 300-500 range to top everyone off without really even paying attention to it, before the next aoe.

  11. #11
    Ascendant nemecis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fpsalex View Post
    woah woah woah. i cant remeber the last time someone said to me "hey ur a cleric. will you tank, or dps". you can complain we have all 3 roles as much as you want, but u know as well as i do that all you ever ask a cleric to do is heal. atleast on my server the majority of people do not trust a cleric tank or laugh at cleric dps. so stop ur complaining
    perhaps because outside of Chrolo there isn't another option.

    As a warrior I tank when needed or dps when needed. I'd find a lot more groups if I could also heal if needed.

    Rogues can tank, can dps, but bards can't solo heal jack --- that's fine I suppose they offer some fantastic support.

    Mages --- can't tank, and chloro heals are good, but a poorly played chloro is much less effective then a poorly played cleric.

    There's a reason people want cleric healers - because there are limited options. It's also the only class currently that could fill an entire 5 player roster and be successful in an instance. Not to mention the cleric tank spec also gets self/group heals ... something neither Warriors or Rogue tanks can offer to the same degree.

    I understand clerics wanting to tank and dps ... I don't understand why they are the only ones that can do everything, and act slighted when asked to do the one thing they do better than anyone else.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Erhnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xrande View Post
    Chloro main healed quite well in normal instances. Come expert, they become support.
    you are completely wrong

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Erhnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    And now that I have read the rest of the thread

    Easier spec for learning to chloro healing: 31lock/35chloro/0arch (for self buffs)
    After that, for expert runs, you can go 32archon/34chloro. Your raw healing power is lower, but you provide a ton of useful buffs to your group. The reduction in healing power is not a problem if you run with 2 healers (which we do a lot of times in T2)
    The lock spec is the only viable one for raids where you should have a full archon, the archon spec will have a ton of wasted points

    Some people like to go for the 44 (or even the 51) chloro root skill, but is not worth what you miss in the lock tree

    Hope that helps

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Could you say chloro can heal but slightly harder time because it is focus-dmg based heal?
    Considering clerics are all direct heals. Or is it pretty much the same just that you have to focus on dishing out lots of dmg. Ae even better

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Along with what nemecsis mentioned

    I dont mind the fact they can tank, dps and heal.
    They do all 3 main roles well.

    I have been constantly going to expert With cleric tank.
    It has been great, self heals, battle rez. Inqui dps and ae are great too.
    I sure wish other classes can fulfill similar 3 roles.

    The only thing is probably mage. Haha unless they make em turn into smth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts