+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enough About Pyro.

Default Enough About Pyro.

Seriously, I would like to read threads on the forum that aren't all about pyro this, pyro that.

Trion knows we all think pyro is overpowered.

Trion is also not a stupid company. They know that pyro has everyone complaining, and that it needs to be fixed. Do you think patch 1.1 was made in an hour? Balancing takes time. Obviously they made a mistake and pyro in correspondance with its buffs and other WF buffs is overpowered. They have to recode the game, fiddle with buffs, fiddle with spell damages, fiddle with the WF buff, and test it all. And they have to make sure its as good as possible, because if they make a mistake like "oops now when rogues get "xxx" buff they can do insane damage", then everyone will freak out like the world is over and be all "waah Trion if you dont balance the game im gonna quit waah".

Trion does not have a magical "Nerf Pyro" button. So no matter how much you scream, its still going to take them the time to code and test and balance.

Get it through your heads. The issues with pyro are well known. Trion is working on it. You want to know how? They already fixed a way that many mages were getting overpowered, the multi-weapon glitch. Yes, if you read the hotfix #13 patch notes, it was there. Mages were equipping two hand staffs at the same time as a one hand sword and a totem, giving them extremely large amounts of spell power. This was reported to Trion in a thread on the forum and about two days later in hotfix 13, it was patched.

Trion knows pyro is too strong. Trion knows the warfront buff is causing alot of trouble. Trion is working on the problems. We do not need 50 more "pyro crit 8000" "pyro one hits warrior" "why is pyro so strong" "omg im quitting because of pyro" idiotic threads.

Soulwalker

I agree. Stop *****ing. Next patch they will (or should) nerf pyro's and probably buff rogues and maybe warrior tanks a little. If not, THEN you can complain! But don't make dozens of 'omg there is no balance I quit' thread just because one or two classes/roles are OP for the time of one patch to another. It's stupid.

Like said, rebalancing takes time. Wait for the next full patch and then see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Trion is also not a stupid company.
    They nerfed saboteurs because they were able to one-shot people, yet they buffed mages and allowed pyros to one-shot people...while being less squishy. Now I'm not going to go and say they're stupid, but they're clearly not on top of their game when it comes to balancing.

Trion does not have a magical "Nerf Pyro" button. So no matter how much you scream, its still going to take them the time to code and test and balance.
    Testing and balancing clearly doesn't work, because they allowed this bullsh*t to happen. They tested and balanced for 1.1, which clearly didn't do much.

Bottom line is, people are going to complain regardless of how well-known it is. They aren't going to stop complaining until it's fixed, and they certainly aren't going to stop because a member of the forums told them so.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Telaran

Guess what, the players have every right to complain if they feel a issue needs attention. They are, after all, the paying customers of this product. This is how society works. If you don't like it, why don't you leave?
    Last edited by Reds; 04-06-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    They nerfed saboteurs because they were able to one-shot people, yet they buffed mages and allowed pyros to one-shot people...while being less squishy. Now I'm not going to go and say they're stupid, but they're clearly not on top of their game when it comes to balancing.

Testing and balancing clearly doesn't work, because they allowed this bullsh*t to happen. They tested and balanced for 1.1, which clearly didn't do much.

Bottom line is, people are going to complain regardless of how well-known it is. They aren't going to stop complaining until it's fixed, and they certainly aren't going to stop because a member of the forums told them so.
    What is funny is the highest dps in every warfront at 50 is cleric by a landslide.

Every match in scion I see clerics damage average 400k

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Trion knows we all think pyro is overpowered.

Trion knows pyro is too strong. Trion knows the warfront buff is causing alot of trouble. Trion is working on the problems. We do not need 50 more "pyro crit 8000" "pyro one hits warrior" "why is pyro so strong" "omg im quitting because of pyro" idiotic threads.
    Well then, if that is the the case, why don't they shoot us a quick message on the forum letting us know they are working on a solution?

Unless you went through the BW issue, you may not realize that Gersh has his finger in this pie also, and he did absolutely nothing in WAR when the BW was costing the developer literally millions in lost revenue. Why would this be any different if we just sit back and let things roll along?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elminster View Post
    What is funny is the highest dps in every warfront at 50 is cleric by a landslide.

400k damage and 7 killing blows. Clerics arent killing anyone in pvp.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Your right we should continue to pay to play a game that no longer feels challenging or rewarding unless your one specific soul.

Trion isnt stupid, granted one of their "fixes" brought this all about but they know what they are doing. They thoroughly tested the patch before it went live,they just happened to miss it.

Void Knights had a broken ability that didn't consume pacts and they live patched it with the servers up. The dye vendor was bugged and they brought him down immediately. Complete and total PvP imbalance can wait a few weeks. Hotfixes are for important things like tooltips, quest text, and tracking abilities.

Im with you 100%

/sarcasm off

-Mal
    "I aim to misbehave"

Telaran

PPl will ***** about something no matter what you do.

Pyro's were very powerful before the patch. The only reason few people complained then was because Sabs and warriors were one and two-shotting people more frequently then pyros. Even before the patch Pyro's could mitigate most incoming damage using GoS and exploiting talents in the PVP tree, while enjoying CC immunity, and proc'ing stuns without diminishing returns (DR, which was fixed in the patch).

I could easily have predicted that just fixing the DR wasnt enough. And the other buffs they received was going to make them the new QQ king. The combination of survivability provided from GoS, and heavy burst damage is too much. There is no trade-off (damage or survivability, not both)

All that being said, pyro's are way overrated. Until they get tweaked, you can still beat them, just stop being an idiot. Standing directly in their LOS while they are on GoS with damage buff wings, is probably a bad idea. If you are standing in their AoE, MOVE. The aren't immortal gods, or even raid bosses. Use some strategy and tactics, you will have a better understand of beating them and will be a better player for it in the long run.

The pyro crying is totally weird. Pyro's at top levels are basically doing the same damage as before 1.1 with like maybe 4% more difference or something tiny. It's just that sabs and champs were so much worse pre1.1 no-one noticed pyros. Pyro's got 1 spell off gcd I believe, and diminishing returns was added to the stun on pyro's GoS, making the stuns almost beneficial for building immunity.

I think what's actually happened is as some people ranked up gear and pvp trees they had access to new gear and pvp soul's abilities that allowed some not all pyros to stack a lot of additive damage reduction in certain special cases so people sometimes couldn't kill the pyro before it killed them, hence the crying.
    Last edited by Gradient; 04-06-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

Paying customers have every right to complain about issues that impact upon their enjoyment. Hopefully Trion will learn from their mistake and avoid sweeping nerfs and buffs when it simply switches the problems from some specific souls to others.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gradient View Post
    The pyro crying is totally weird. Pyro's at top levels are basically doing the same damage as before 1.1 with like maybe 4% more difference or something tiny. It's just that sabs and champs were so much worse pre1.1 no-one noticed pyros. Pyro's got 1 spell off gcd I believe, and diminishing returns was added to the stun on pyro's GoS, making the stuns almost beneficial for building immunity.

I think what's actually happened is as some people ranked up gear and pvp trees they had access to new gear and pvp soul's abilities that allowed some not all pyros to stack a lot of additive damage reduction in certain special cases so people sometimes couldn't kill the pyro before it killed them, hence the crying.
    If you go read some of the champ/warrior cryfests before the patch, you'll see repeatedly warriors saying pyro's were on par with anything a champ could throw out and had higher levels of survivability.

Then all the mages said "We don't want to be forced to play pyro. It doesn't suit my playstyle. All warriors need to be brought in line with my incredibly bad build I whipped up after drinking a bottle of Jacks."

Then warriors said "Oh there's a massive bug that lets anyone with 1 point in paragon ignore armor. When that goes away you'll see warrior damage drop 10 -30% across the board."

So then mages said "We don't care! That's nowhere near enough! It needs to drop at least 99% for mages to have any chance to fight them. Oh and all warrior CC should be removed from the game."

-----------------

The patch comes out, warriors CC's across the board receive reductions, spike damage abilities get reductions, mage damage mitgation is improved, the bugs are removed and suddenly all the mages lose their inability to roll pyro for religious or ehtical reasons or whatever their weak excuse to play a broken build was before.

Everything that is happening now is because you guys established this as the method to institute change in this game. Give yourselves a pat on the back.
    Last edited by Xandarth; 04-06-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Elminster View Post

Who is going to do more damage; a guy who dies 5 times and has to constantly resurrect or the cleric who never dies?

A pyro isn't overpowered.

A pyro with red ball is. Remove red ball and people will go back to hulk smashing pyros with impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Comunique View Post
    A pyro isn't overpowered.

A pyro with red ball is. Remove red ball and people will go back to hulk smashing pyros with impunity.
    Heh, think again. I made a pyromancer out of curiosity and...I'm dishing out more damage in single hits than my marksman does in a couple of cooldowns. It isn't a 'learn to play' issue either - the rogue calling was nerfed heavily during beta and has not had any buffs to compensate for what has been lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast