+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric or Mage?

Default Cleric or Mage?

Right now I'm playing a riftblade warrior, and I have a mage. So i'm thinking of creating either a cleric, or a mage that is actually fun I just wonder if a cleric is just a hybrid? or an actually unique class?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Balthasar View Post
    Right now I'm playing a riftblade warrior, and I have a mage. So i'm thinking of creating either a cleric, or a mage that is actually fun I just wonder if a cleric is just a hybrid? or an actually unique class?
    Cleric is a hybrid, I guess. We can heal great, and our tank/dps abilities fall short of other classes.

I like cleric for healing. Maybe you should try cleric for healing as well! Healing is fun.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by searion View Post
    Cleric is a hybrid, I guess. We can heal great, and our tank/dps abilities fall short of other classes.

I like cleric for healing. Maybe you should try cleric for healing as well! Healing is fun.
    If you want to heal go Chloro. Way more fun IMO, and I've tried all cleric healing specs.

Go mage. The only thing a cleric do bether then mage is tanking. Mage have bether dps and are bether healers.

This is comming from a player who have a both mage an cleric.

I would choose Cleric because then you can tank, heal, or DPS (range or melee). But as a mage you can only DPS or heal and DPS is always ranged (so less options).

General of Telara

as a mage i would love to be able to change my main for a 50 cleric. Cleric can do every role, melee , range , tank and healing. The melee build of the cleric (shaman) is really fun, got one to 30. I love healing in pvp as a warden, i feel OP. I like single target nuking with my inquisitor, i do good.

I hate healing as a chloromancer and i hate to pvp as a pyro, thats why i made a warlock/necro spec. You are force to go as an archon or a chloro in every raid you go. Most of the specs are subpar dps. If you dont pigeonhole in those "mighty" spec, nobody want you. Mage is the new FOTM and its hard to get a place for the expert if you dont know anyone, because there is soooo much mages.

I saw a justicar/shaman taking 3 invasions at a time without even fearing for his life, that was awesome!
    Last edited by darkchicken; 04-06-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Isn't everyone technically a hybrid?

I'd play what you enjoy the most. No point in picking the "better" class if you don't enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilandred View Post
    If you want to heal go Chloro. Way more fun IMO, and I've tried all cleric healing specs.
    Yeah, you can tank and dps, but you'll end up doing a lot of healing. I've found it to be as frustrating as I remember in other games.

3 sec heals are the suck too. Go go vanilla HT build ... =(. Sent/Pur 34/32 is slightly better, but not much and Wardens without a separate HoT UI is bordering on I can't believe they did that to me.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-06-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread