+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I fought a Pyro mage...

Plane Touched

I think the problem lies in this combo...

1. Squirrel
    2. Cinder
    3. Profit

Check out Controlled Opportunity in the dom soul and you will see why a Pyro is ridonkulous. 50% extra damage against a player who is squirreled. So you use your PvP ability to get out of squirrel? It's ok, with 3 points, squirrel doesn't have a CD, so you're squirreled immediately again. Cinder to follow, with a crit, you're looking at 5500-6000 damage, easily. Hit them with flame bolt before squirrel (instant cast), that's an additional 10% damage on top of the 50% too.

Granted, I don't want to see OTHER souls suffer from that Dom skill being nerfed though. I would hate to see a great thing get nerfed because of the amount of damage one spell can do after someone is squirreled. Maybe change it so that air or earth damage can do 50% more damage, but not fire?
    Last edited by Troponin; 04-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.

anyone think of

I fought the law and the law won
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Troponin View Post
    I think the problem lies in this combo...

1. Squirrel
    2. Cinder
    3. Profit

Check out Controlled Opportunity in the dom soul and you will see why a Pyro is ridonkulous. 50% extra damage against a player who is squirreled. So you use your PvP ability to get out of squirrel? It's ok, with 3 points, squirrel doesn't have a CD, so you're squirreled immediately again. Cinder to follow, with a crit, you're looking at 5500-6000 damage, easily. Hit them with flame bolt before squirrel (instant cast), that's an additional 10% damage on top of the 50% too.

Granted, I don't want to see OTHER souls suffer from that Dom skill being nerfed though. I would hate to see a great thing get nerfed because of the amount of damage one spell can do after someone is squirreled. Maybe change it so that air or earth damage can do 50% more damage, but not fire?
    An easy non invasive fix would be to make the damage buff only work on certain types of damage, or simply not work on fire damage.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Plane Walker

Whoa, this guy won one fight against a terrible player! Game's balanced, guys!

Plane Touched

This one time at mage camp I fought a pyro...

<Skip to end> We lay there smoking cigarettes she so politely lit for us (given I could not with the third degree burns she so passionately applied).
    Nightfall - defiant mage... Nox - defiant rogue...

When you feel the icy grip of death rake across your neck, know Nightfall has come and there is no dawn for you.

Lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice because it knows Pyros are looking for it and will one shot it when they find it.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post

I got one in The Chanel of Labors, he threw down his circle and I knew what was coming so I hit stealth and asked "Why so douchious?". He taunted me and so I bled him, and he stunned me and nearly killed me with 2 hits, so I used Slip Away and slinked away to drink some ale down in the basement while he casted AoE attacks. When I got back up he hadn't healed yet and had stepped off his circle so I finished him off real quick.

He cursed at me and called me a coward for 30 minutes, I wish I had gotten a vid of that.
    So.. you had to "Run away" and drink up to full hp to beat him in a 1v1? That's like stuff you shouldn't tell and be proud of, especially on forums.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by darkchicken View Post
    its because people make a huge fuss for something that aint what they say it is. I do play a mage, i tried pyro and i dont feel overpowered damage wise. I do think the circle need to go away though or get a tweak. People say pyro are gods, i say no, i can kill them
    You're main is a Mage and specced Pyro, stop trolling, Pyro's are 3 times more overpowered then prepatch Champions/sabs ever was, if you don't realize that you havn't PvP'ed enough, and that's it.

take the ground powers from pyros and give them to archons. This is what I think is logical. Ground of Power and Ground of Strength sound like Archon self buffs anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Exea View Post
    So.. you had to "Run away" and drink up to full hp to beat him in a 1v1? That's like stuff you shouldn't tell and be proud of, especially on forums.
    That poster is a rogue that is what they do! They run when they feel they can't win

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Exea View Post
    You're main is a Mage and specced Pyro, stop trolling, Pyro's are 3 times more overpowered then prepatch Champions/sabs ever was, if you don't realize that you havn't PvP'ed enough, and that's it.
    Excuse me? before the patch I wasnt being beset by an army of pyros hitting me with fulminate, but an army of champions that would stun lock then kill me.

In open world pvp I have yet to be jumped by a pyro, of course I cant say the same for rogues and warriors.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kysiel View Post
    ...and won. clearly I hacked the game somehow as I never crit for over 1k damage at a time and he was standing in his little circle thing. nerf shaman hax immediately so I dont do this again!

I did nothing fancy, saw him there so ran around to hopefully flank him, he saw me coming at about 25 meters and started casting, at twenty meters I charged and hit rage of the north and then the usual shaman rotaion and... he died like some kind of caster class caught by melee.

so um... yeah... dem pyros... seem fine to me and I dont play one.
    I dueled a Sab, prenerf. I beat him too. Obviously I hacked and those nerfs can be undone now.
    Kheyll - Warrior, Kellhus - Rogue, Trucid - Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    An easy non invasive fix would be to make the damage buff only work on certain types of damage, or simply not work on fire damage.
    Did you read my entire post? xD That was the last sentence in my post. Basically saying the same.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by darkchicken View Post
    i kill pyro often with my warlock 44/22necro. I choke him right at the start so he dont drop his circle, after when choke is up i fear him , i break it on damage etc. so it interrupt them, when he finally drop it down he is around 20% life
    this works very well assuming he's not tertiary or secondary archmage.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Troponin View Post
    Did you read my entire post? xD That was the last sentence in my post. Basically saying the same.
    A better solution imo would be to make the bonus damage a seperate attack with a seperate crit chance. much like seperating charge crits up a bit. Also you could solve this largely by capping the damage bonus component.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast