+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So can I have Grounding of Strength?

Default So can I have Grounding of Strength?

I'm a Vindicator/Champion/Paragon Warrior. My highest crits don't go too far beyond 2k, and that's with multiple buffs I had to build up overtime running. Also I have to move to attack, so if you take a step away from me I can't do much to you unless I move out of it.
    I'll even take the DR only effecting magic resistance so I stay on par with the mage defense, I'll even take the 9% health hit. Pyros, is it ok for me to have it, or would that be overpowered?

You have it already...didnt you know? It's a passive HP buff that gives you approx 2-3k more HP than mages.

You're welcome.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    You have it already...didnt you know? It's a passive HP buff that gives you approx 2-3k more HP than mages.

You're welcome.
    Actually JUST being a warrior gives you about 1-1.5k more than mages. If I spec into a tank tree a bit for some survivability (which majorly compromises my damage) I get about an extra 6-800. With half my points into warlord and paladin and the rest into one damage tree I have about 3k more than a mage (thats with the two endurance buffs), but then of course my crits cant even break 1k on my best day. Also, I don't have immunity to CC, random stun procs and 30% magic damage reduction with all the stuff above I just mentioned. So no, it's not the same, not even close and I will not thank you.

Were you seriously suggesting that a little more HP equates to that thing?
    Last edited by Magnos; 04-06-2011 at 03:26 PM.

can I dispell that hp please?..Can I knock you out of that extra HP please? Or yes, lets make it so while you have that extra HP you are unmovable.

Seriously if you think GOS is god mode you know nothing of the skill or how to counter it. Stop rushing mages in GOS. Call out someone to make them pop detaunt and then a second rogue to backstab them into the ground.

You're welcome.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

can I dispell that hp please?..Can I knock you out of that extra HP please? Or yes, lets make it so while you have that extra HP you are unmovable.

Seriously if you think GOS is god mode you know nothing of the skill or how to counter it. Stop rushing mages in GOS. Call out someone to make them pop detaunt and then a second rogue to backstab them into the ground.

You're welcome.
    Yes you can dispel that HP, its called 3k Fulminate, 2-3 1.3k+ fireball in 3 seconds, or any of the other awesome damage abilities you have, and those numbers are on the low ends.

And why should I have to call out three players to take down one pyro in his GoS? Pyro's don't have to call out multiple players to kill one guy, they can kill anybody in a few seconds, I know because I'm constantly on the receiving end of their attacks. If you think GOS isn't a ridiculously huge buff than you have been playing against some lousy players, or you play a Pyro yourself.

Champion

I want Grounding of Strength as a cleric. :'( Could call it Grounding of Heals or something.

Quote Originally Posted by searion View Post
    I want Grounding of Strength as a cleric. :'( Could call it Grounding of Heals or something.
    I think we should all get a grounding

Quote Originally Posted by searion View Post
    Yes, and spell cast times reduced by 3 seconds (Healing Invocation FTW (KILL ME NOW!)

Shield of Telara

With void knight and paladin u can reduce spell dmg at least 29%. There you go there is your ground of strength and you can do it all while moving and it's passive.

Next....

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Yes you can dispel that HP, its called 3k Fulminate, 2-3 1.3k+ fireball in 3 seconds, or any of the other awesome damage abilities you have, and those numbers are on the low ends.

And why should I have to call out three players to take down one pyro in his GoS? Pyro's don't have to call out multiple players to kill one guy, they can kill anybody in a few seconds, I know because I'm constantly on the receiving end of their attacks. If you think GOS isn't a ridiculously huge buff than you have been playing against some lousy players, or you play a Pyro yourself.
    So it's either they suck or Im a pyro? How bout this alternative you suck and don't know how to play your class. that's your problem you expect your one dps build to be able to do it all and that's not how this game was designed. Its not to hard if you want to have an edge on mages you play void knight, and guess what you don't even have to go far into the tree to get their dispel. Doh...

Oh and for the record I don't play a pyro but a chloro with even worse dps than your build and I don't have an issue killing pyros and before you say that I can heal, chloros suck at personal healing. And how do I defeat this "god" class simple I dispel their buffs and then cause their burst damage to heal myself then nuke them down slowly.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    So it's either they suck or Im a pyro? How bout this alternative you suck and don't know how to play your class. that's your problem you expect your one dps build to be able to do it all and that's not how this game was designed. Its not to hard if you want to have an edge on mages you play void knight, and guess what you don't even have to go far into the tree to get their dispel. Doh...

Oh and for the record I don't play a pyro but a chloro with even worse dps than your build and I don't have an issue killing pyros and before you say that I can heal, chloros suck at personal healing. And how do I defeat this "god" class simple I dispel their buffs and then cause their burst damage to heal myself then nuke them down slowly.
    I hear tell they don't like having their fulminate reflected back at them too

Shadowlander

I don't even need to be on the receiving end of a Pyro to know they are OP. You can simply use the increasing # of mages in WF's and the amount of rerolls to Pyro as a pretty healthy indicator of OPness.

So don't kid yourself and say they are not and that they have weaknesses and people just need to L2P.

It's like seeing a huge line at a concert venue, people are not going cause the band sucks. So enough with the L2P and learn some logic.

I could care less either way with Pyro's... FOTM jump to em they eventually get nerfed and another build becomes the FOTM till its nerfed...such is the circle of MMO life. I just hate you people who will sit and blatantly lie when all signs contradict you.

You're welcome.
    By the time I get to GoS after dispelling the 8 (or more) odd buffs every mage and their mom are running around with, I wager I'd be dead.

Also, plate armour does not mitigate magic damage differently than cloth.
    (Or at least it wasn't; not sure with all the latest patches and ninjafixes)
    Last edited by empyrean; 04-06-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    I'm a Vindicator/Champion/Paragon Warrior. My highest crits don't go too far beyond 2k, and that's with multiple buffs I had to build up overtime running. Also I have to move to attack, so if you take a step away from me I can't do much to you unless I move out of it.
    I'll even take the DR only effecting magic resistance so I stay on par with the mage defense, I'll even take the 9% health hit. Pyros, is it ok for me to have it, or would that be overpowered?
    I support this 100%. Give this melee champ/paragon a skill that will force him to stand in one spot... Good thinking genius.

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    With void knight and paladin u can reduce spell dmg at least 29%. There you go there is your ground of strength and you can do it all while moving and it's passive.

Next....
    And you can do **** damage, woohoo?

Next.....

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast