+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats the cookie cutter Lock / Chloro PvP build?

Telaran

Default Whats the cookie cutter Lock / Chloro PvP build?

Wondering what the cookie cutter pvp build is for Lock / Chloro? Doesnt look like there is a whole lot in Chloro that would be very usefull other then the 2 instant heals / 25% end? Do most people go like 30ish/30ish, or just a few in chloro / rest in lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Volaju16 View Post
    Wondering what the cookie cutter pvp build is for Lock / Chloro? Doesn't look like there is a whole lot in Chloro that would be very useful other then the 2 instant heals / 25% end? Do most people go like 30ish/30ish, or just a few in chloro / rest in lock?
    Really? I like a lot of the stuff in chloro. Most of the time I've seen this posted as the base for the cookie cutter chlorolock

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zoAck.xx0V0VVx

It's what I'm shooting for. Not sure about the last 3 points however. prolly drop them in a +crit chance passive but may find something better.
    Last edited by Carolius; 04-06-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0o.xx0V0Vaxo.h

This is what i'm using atm. It's got some nice damage mitigation when you're in a tight spot + 9 % ekstra dam to players from the archmage tree and "break free".

-Fizzle.

Telaran

Do you guys use more of the cast time life spells, or the DoTs / void bolt from Warlock? Casting 2-3 sec long spells in PvP sounds pretty awful, but at the same time isnt the point of Chloro to use Life spells rather then Warlock dots etc.?

Telaran

If you are looking at a chloro/lock pvp build you really want the 2 warlock survivability skills, Neddra's essence and shadown life. It's also well worth having the 32 point warlock skill choke for an instant silence.

I go 32/32 and 2 points in the archmage damage mitigation but I lose the fun of having a blue name in warfronts.

I think the general consensus is that healing with a chloro in pvp is less efficient than it is in pve because absent opportunity you do need to stand still to cast your life damage healing nukes, if that isn't possible I drop back to the instant direct heals and use warlock skills to deal damage and apply a bit of CC if it's going to be helpful. This does increase the relative value of call of spring in a pvp build, and the same is true for wild growth which is a faster cast than NT or vile spores.

To the OP essence surge is a great emergency heal, there are times when getting that huge heal off is worth the 12s of lower damage.

+ Reply to Thread