+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Not just another Pyro thread. This has a Fix. A solution, A petition.

Default Not just another Pyro thread. This has a Fix. A solution, A petition.

Okay, so after seeing half the page of these forums filled with 'OP MAGES' and other herp derp 'TAKE OUT GoS' posts, I've finally decieded to just make this thread.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/magegos/

The petition thread:

Logic:
    Every class archtype has a calling that is made for burst damage, or big numbers. They hit high, but take huge amounts of damage as well. These classes are:
    The Shaman
    The Champion
    The Pyromage
    The Sabatuer

All these classes have the 'Glass Cannon' aspect to it. Each of these is allowed to have a couple of 'Oh shiznit' Buttons as well.

The problem:
    Pyro mages at the moment, while doing extreme amounts of damage, should be negated via them taking just as much damage. Right? Well, with Ground of Strength, they are allowed a 2 second stun every third attack, anti-cc AND 30% reduced damage. All from one ability. They get their cake, and eat it too.

The solution:
    Imagine, if you will, having a talent, that is overpowered, but only if played correctly. Imagine, if you will, having a talent, that has a skill curve to it. This is what I would like to present to the developers and see if they would change GoS to:

Ground of Strength:
    6% mana
    2 Second cast
    Places a temporary field at the feet of the mage for three minutes. While the mage remains in the field, they take 30% less damage from all sources, and are immune to Crowd Control effects. The mage has a 30% chance to root the target for 2 seconds. This effect has a 10 second cooldown. While the mage is in the field, their damage is decreased by 15%.

Points to notice:
    1. Changed 1.5 cast to 2 second, giving players a little more of a window to see the mage casting GoS, and interupting them.
    2. 'Changing 30% chance to stun for 2 seconds' to '30% chance to root for 2 seconds, with a 10 second cooldown'
    3. 15% less damage WHILE standing IN the field.

The game changer:
    The reason why I believe my idea would be better, for the whole community, not just non-mages, is because this adds more depth to the field. It adds an 'L2P' button. If you can master the field, and know when to jump in it, you're good to go. If you know there's no damage from enemies, step out of the field, and start doing your damage.

The damage reduction to the ability isn't so bad that it would make the spell useless, but it isn't so over powered as pyros, the glass cannons, are unkillable.

It's a choice, a decision. If you want more survivability, step in, If you want more damage, Step out.

Keep in mind: All the numbers are variables that Trion can tweak and turn to adjust them for balance in the future.

TLDR;
    Read my GoS change, and think to yourself mages:

Would you rather be nerfed 15% down the board, or loss the invincibility.

Thanks for the time and effort to read this.

The petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/magegos/
    Last edited by Vexamas; 04-06-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Also, be sure, when signing the petition to make sure your name is shown. It won't show your email address. Just your name, the email address is just so people can't make several signatures. If you like the idea, spread it to your friends, show them the post and petition.

Remember: If you agree with the above post, sign it, make sure your name is shown so you can be a voice to trion.

-Josh
    Last edited by Vexamas; 04-06-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Shadowlander

Online petitions are just about the most useless thing that has ever been invented. I could start an online petition right now requesting that we nuke the entire planet into oblivion and I'd probably even manage to get more people signing than yours will, I doubt we'll be seeing them nukes anytime soon though.

Either way, the concept of a glass cannon to an extreme is simply not a very good one in PvP. It leads to nothing but frustration for the targets, constant complaints, and likely eventual nerfs.

Soulwalker

Default Great idea.

I think this is a fantastic idea, Pyro mages seem almost impossible to kill, group or solo.This is a much better idea then just nerfing them all over the place.Causing mages to QQ saying "you nerfed us to hard" just cause they cant 2 shot ppl anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthis View Post
    Online petitions are just about the most useless thing that has ever been invented. I could start an online petition right now requesting that we nuke the entire planet into oblivion and I'd probably even manage to get more people signing than yours will, I doubt we'll be seeing them nukes anytime soon though.

Either way, the concept of a glass cannon to an extreme is simply not a very good one in PvP. It leads to nothing but frustration for the targets, constant complaints, and likely eventual nerfs.
    So we should sit and make more and more posts about 8.6k fulmigates and Overpowered spells until they're inevitably nerfed 15-20% across the board, and not fixed. Just nerfed. Then we hit a couple of weeks of QQ from them just like we got from Riftblades.

k.

Plane Touched

All they need to do is remove the ability for Fulminate and Cinder Burst to crit in pvp. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    All they need to do is remove the ability for Fulminate and Cinder Burst to crit in pvp. Problem solved.
    There's talents in game that reduce crit from other players. That's enough.

You have to keep in mind also, any ideas and changes have to work in PvE situations as well.

Sword of Telara

15% reduced damage won't be enough.
    and i prefer that the skill will keep stun for 2 sec,(roots are worse).
    i suggest "the mage deal 40% less damage"
    like the NB talent Twilght shelter,i get 80% reduced damage(like GoS - 30% reduced + more stuff = 60% reduced damage,+ immune to CC is like having 80% reduced damage) but i deal 40% less damage in this time.

only fair if the mage will also deal 40% less damage.

REMEMBER 40% less of 9k hit is still 5400 damage,enough to nuke 90% of the people in one hit.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vexamas View Post
    You have to keep in mind also, any ideas and changes have to work in PvE situations as well.
    No they don't. There's no reason for it and it's been stated that it's quite a simple thing to do.

GoS, coming from a rogue who lacks any and all crit reductions talents and has zero viable counters to the ability, I couldn't give a **** about. I think it's cool and I'm glad Trion threw it in the mix. The good pyros don't even use it. Your dumbass long-winded post+fail petition still leaves people getting globaled... which, hey hey, is the entire problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    15% reduced damage won't be enough.
    and i prefer that the skill will keep stun for 2 sec,(roots are worse).
    i suggest "the mage deal 40% less damage"
    like the NB talent Twilght shelter,i get 80% reduced damage(like GoS - 30% reduced + more stuff = 60% reduced damage,+ immune to CC is like having 80% reduced damage) but i deal 40% less damage in this time.

only fair if the mage will also deal 40% less damage.

REMEMBER 40% less of 9k hit is still 5400 damage,enough to nuke 90% of the people in one hit.
    Lolwut? Care to explain how a root could possibly be worse than a stun? Mind you roots are of little or no consequence to ranged classes and healers for most purposes.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    Lolwut? Care to explain how a root could possibly be worse than a stun? Mind you roots are of little or no consequence to ranged classes and healers for most purposes.
    as rogue i get -2 sec on stun
    so 2-2=0
    also i get 50% damage reduced after getting stunned or root,even if the stun were 0 seconds long

so 2-2=0
    also i get 50% damage reduced after getting stunned or root,even if the stun were 0 seconds long
    Oh, so you want it to be a stun so it's more beneficial for your soul. screw the 23 others.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vexamas View Post
    Oh, so you want it to be a stun so it's more beneficial for your soul. screw the 23 others.
    all the rogues can get it.
    screw the other 3 classes(well 2 basicly because mage can also be stun immune-pyro)

so 2-2=0
    face, meet palm

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    face, meet palm
    what is the problem?
    its fine how it is.

simple fix do ONE of the following:
    1)remove the CC immune
    2)remove the "take 30% reduced damage"
    3)add "...and the mage deals 40% less damage while standing in the ground"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast