+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mirror Classes?

Soulwalker

Default Mirror Classes?

How many of the 32 classes will be nearly identical regarding their Branch abilities?

Nightblade - Branch Abilities

?Glow in the Dark - Increases critical hit chance of Fire and Death procs.
    Twilight Force - Weapon damage + Death damage + adds combo point
    ?Improved Primal Strikes - increases chance to gain additional combo points when using PS
    ?Illumination - Increases Fire and Death damage
    ?Twilight Stalker - Increases stealth movement speed
    ?Fire and Death attunement - Reduces incoming Fire / Death damage
    Flame Thrust - Finishing move that deal damage and burns the target for damage over time, damage increases with # of combo points
    Improved Twilight Force - Reduces the targets movement speed by 30% for 10 seconds

Elementalist - Branch Abilities

Flame Thrust - Finishing move that deal damage and burns the target for damage over time, damage increases with # of combo points

?Heat Conduction - Melee damage proc that increases the attackers vulnerability to Fire and Death based damage from 1-5% for 15 seconds, can only proc once per second
    Improved Twilight Force - Reduces the targets movement speed by 30% for 10 seconds

We don't know all of the branch abilities for either class, but these are a few I've pulled from the videos.

Here are side by side SS's of the branches for the two classes, the icons are identical (I believe the skills are as well).
    http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...aster08/NE.jpg
    This picture shows the Branches being almost identical. Root abilities may vary?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    How many of the 32 classes will be nearly identical regarding their Branch abilities?

Nightblade - Branch Abilities

?Glow in the Dark - Increases critical hit chance of Fire and Death procs.
    ?Improved Primal Strikes - increases chance to gain additional combo points when using PS
    ?Illumination - Increases Fire and Death damage
    ?Twilight Stalker - Increases stealth movement speed
    ?Fire and Death attunement - Reduces incoming Fire / Death damage

Elementalist - Branch Abilities

?Heat Conduction - Melee damage proc that increases the attackers vulnerability to Fire and Death based damage from 1-5% for 15 seconds, can only proc once per second

We don't know all of the branch abilities for either class, but these are a few I've pulled from the videos.

Here are side by side SS's of the branches for the two classes, the icons are identical (I believe the skills are as well).
    http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...aster08/NE.jpg
    This picture shows the Branches being almost identical. Root abilities may vary?
    They already said (think it was sweet) that the elementalist branch is not like the one in the video and that this was a glitch, they also said that there won't be carbon copies in a seperate thread a few weeks back.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Soulwalker

Yea, just read about that, thanks.

Could you please explain what you mean by "Carbon Copies?"
    And could I get a link to the thread?
    -Thanks

Link about the Nightblade and Elementalist.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...y.com%29/page5 Thread #50

Quote Originally Posted by Arlight1 View Post
    Could you please explain what you mean by "Carbon Copies?"
    And could I get a link to the thread?
    -Thanks
    Carbon Copies == Having the same classes/ souls with the same abilities but different names. Don't have the link bookmarked so I suggest you use search or take my word for it

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Some abilities will be shared across the board of course. +dmg is not something exclusive to 1 class and maybe one will give +1 and another will give +2 per skillrank, it doesn't change them from being the same, more or less.

Also the elementalist is a caster, while the nightblade is a rogue. They can't be selected at the same time so even if some are the same which isn't hard to find, it's because casters need some roguish skills too and the only way to give it to them is making another soul with abilities that share the same kind of abilities as the rogue's soul.

I hope not, that we will see e.g. a Deathknight with Paladin abilities turned from holy magic to death magic. However, I think every ability should be in the game at least twice, especially buffs and utility, to avoid certain "must have" classes when it comes to raiding or rift events.
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

+ Reply to Thread