+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What should I play?

Soulwalker

Default What should I play?

Hello!

As the title suggests, I really do not know what to play in this game. I am still downloading though. I have been playing WoW since early 2005 with frequent breaks. Played some other MMOs like Tabula Rasa, APB, WAR, LOTRo, STO, EQ... I always preferred healing roles (sometimes I had a backup DPS char). Never actually played a mage-like char though. I have tried RIFT in several of the betas. Can you play a ranged healer who can pitch in on damage or do you have to be melee (Justicar/Druid/something else was very popular in the betas). Is there really a shortage of healers anyway? Apparently they are lacking in PvP but that was never my main thing, so to say, although I would like to try it in RIFT - I cannot devote myself to full-blown PVE anymore.

Thanks for any ideas!
    Last edited by Rikishi141; 04-06-2011 at 09:35 AM.

"Ranged healer that can pitch in on DPS" screams for Chloromancer. You haven't done much magery so this would be something new that fills both requests. Strong heals based on damage done via nukes and dots.

Bard, also, has a similar ranged-damage-into-heals mechanic in the rogue calling.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    "Ranged healer that can pitch in on DPS" screams for Chloromancer. You haven't done much magery so this would be something new that fills both requests. Strong heals based on damage done via nukes and dots.

Bard, also, has a similar ranged-damage-into-heals mechanic in the rogue calling.
    I agree with this guy . Mage seems to be ur best bet. I have a buddy who is a chloromancer/necro and he <3's it. Do a bitta investigating to see what you're really feeling, but a mage sounds like where you'd be at
    I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG...

Sword of Telara

pyro, they are OP, posable can 1 shot people.
    when they nerf it (if they do) you switch to the next OP class.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rikishi141 View Post
    Hello!

As the title suggests, I really do not know what to play in this game. I am still downloading though. I have been playing WoW since early 2005 with frequent breaks. Played some other MMOs like Tabula Rasa, APB, WAR, LOTRo, STO, EQ... I always preferred healing roles (sometimes I had a backup DPS char). Never actually played a mage-like char though. I have tried RIFT in several of the betas. Can you play a ranged healer who can pitch in on damage or do you have to be melee (Justicar/Druid/something else was very popular in the betas). Is there really a shortage of healers anyway? Apparently they are lacking in PvP but that was never my main thing, so to say, although I would like to try it in RIFT - I cannot devote myself to full-blown PVE anymore.

Thanks for any ideas!

I would suggest perhaps Bard.

I too was a long time WoW player, and pretty much stuck to ranged dps and tanking roles. Never much cared for healing so my priest went from Discipline to Shadow in a heart beat.

On a whim when I got my second Role (my first was and still is Sab) I tried Bard, and I love it. It is a very different play style than anything I have played before. Bards however are not a "main healer" choice they are kind of a hybrid healer/dps/buffer, and it can be a challenge to play till you get used to it, but it is a lot of fun.

Have fun ;)!

Soulwalker

Thanks for the answers!

I really do not want to play FOTM, but that Chloromancer thing seems fun. Are there any good combinations with it?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    pyro, they are OP, posable can 1 shot people.
    when they nerf it (if they do) you switch to the next OP class.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Read_a_Book

You should check out this link, it's cool.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    I would suggest perhaps Bard.

I too was a long time WoW player, and pretty much stuck to ranged dps and tanking roles. Never much cared for healing so my priest went from Discipline to Shadow in a heart beat.

On a whim when I got my second Role (my first was and still is Sab) I tried Bard, and I love it. It is a very different play style than anything I have played before. Bards however are not a "main healer" choice they are kind of a hybrid healer/dps/buffer, and it can be a challenge to play till you get used to it, but it is a lot of fun.

Have fun ;)!

Bard seems like a good choice aswell, I always wanted a gameplay type that does not force you to directly heal, but buff and aid other players, kinda like a Discipline priest with a twist...Chanter in Aion was like that. It seems there is a lot of rogues though but that should not be a problem, thanks for suggesting it!

Chloro is a good one. You could also roll a cleric. Best healer and you can switch to mage playstyle in a sec. You can also mix those two around.

I think both are viable. Just roll some calling to 20 and see if you like it. If not try another one. It does not takes to much time to get to 20.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Untouch View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Read_a_Book

You should check out this link, it's cool.
    heals are overrated
    and if he really wanna do healing, Chloro will deliver.
    And still have desent dps
    Last edited by abisha; 04-06-2011 at 09:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread