+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Giant holes in the almighty Pyro's armor.

Telaran

Default The Giant holes in the almighty Pyro's armor.

So much QQ about pyros, in battlegrounds people call me out saying im "exploiting" no I'm not.
    Here's the people - who have a brain, that know how to easily beat a pyro, and do kill me repeatedly.

0. Prevent the casting and placement of Ground of Strength. This is a pyro's life blood without this they crack and break like dead leaves in the fall.

1. Dispel GoS. Its our last on first off removable buff. BAM you now have a caster who has reduced hp's and can now be silenced/stunned and killed. Smart people DO this.

2. If your a rogue you can out range the pyro, you can sit there at 35 meters(or whatever the increased range is) and kill pyro while he only has a 30 meter range. If pyro decides to be rash and charge you(and leaves ground of only chance in hell), pyro is yours. Also smart rogues will pop on said pyro drop dots and step out of los. rinse repeat, nothing pyro can do. ( especially if you pop one of the 30 different no one can kill me for the next 20 minutes buttons and I can cap any point even with 20 guys on me.)

3. If your another mage, get the purge ability from necro tree, then go dominator/warlock, you can now survive heatwave, remove GoS and cc the crap out of the pyro in other words, you are the anti-pyro.

4. If your a cleric, just heal your team and LoS the pyro, I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to jump into the middle of Black garden to kill that crazy healer only to have him hide behind a spike. then the dps your healing from there, kills me. Also if your a warden, I probably cannot kill you unless I burn my heat wave, and even then, that's only if you stay in los. (so a hint, don't stay in los). Now if your a tank cleric it is going to take me 12 + fireballs to kill you this is with 950 spell power, that's quite a long time for someone who is stationary to spend throwing fire at you. If your a Shaman/Druid, its your dps versus mine, if your smart you'll sick your pet on me and los, because if I'm not on you as soon as your on me, you win this dps race.

5. Warriors, your annoying, your a pain and I thank Trion daily that they fixed you so you do not kill me in 4 seconds anymore. Also those REALLY annoying paladin/riftblade tugboats can run around with 10 guys on them for days, SOLO. now when they get on you as a pyro, the smart ones also have purge, and there is nothing you can do to beat a 7k tank who is doing 400 dps(insert rift surge) healing and can dispel your GoS and all your other buffs quickly. OH did I mention that they have a 7k heal if you manage to actually make them worry about dying? Talk about GOD MODE. --Really though the class is a pain to kill and makes your fire flinging days miserable.

6. Lastly, any non pyro gets cc'd and killed before you can do anything. its not ground of skill its ground of your only chance in pvp.

7. Spell reflection, I'm always like why is this amazing (mage/cleric) not taking damage, then I'm like oh, OH CRAP I'm taking that damage, and I'm dead. - I've seen other mages and clerics who have reflected my fully charged fulminate back at me and oh yea, it hurts it hurts me BAD.

8. Why are you focusing on the pyro - if they are getting healed? GO FOR THE HEALER. It is quite entertaining to go chloro throw my synthesis on another pyro and watch him tank, but then the rogues pop on me and my fun is done.

I've mostly played a pyro from ranks 1-5 in the warfronts though I have tried out many other specs, guess what IM SICK OF PLAYING A PYRO. Guess what else, I'm dead before I can contribute anything to my team as any other spec. - Any class gets on me I'm dead before I can kill anyone at the minimum as a pyro I get a lot more spells off and I actually have time to finish people off because I'm not CC'd for 3/4 of my life. So before you say other mage specs are good. They really do not compare to a pyro - you have two people on you you won't get off a single spell as any other spec than pyro. Except Warlock because well 80% damage reduction does count for something. Something called, "A short lived distraction".

Finally - I was doing the same dps pre 1.1 as I am now topping the battlegrounds with damage and killing blows, they really didn't actually INCREASE the damage of the pyro. Only made it a little bit easier to insert yourself into combat without getting killed before you could get GoS off. Which made all the difference apparently, and now I can go attack people like everyone else! Survivability included! !

Ascendant

*gets 1 shot by 5.9k fulminate*
    *gets 1 GCD'd by 4.5k cinder and 1.8k inferno*

*My hardest hitting ability deathblow effected by SLI buff crits a 51/15 pyro/AM for 1009*
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Evervent View Post
    So much QQ about pyros, in battlegrounds people call me out saying im "exploiting" no I'm not.
    Here's the people - who have a brain, that know how to easily beat a pyro, and do kill me repeatedly.

0. Prevent the casting and placement of Ground of Strength. This is a pyro's life blood without this they crack and break like dead leaves in the fall.

1. Dispel GoS. Its our last on first off removable buff. BAM you now have a caster who has reduced hp's and can now be silenced/stunned and killed. Smart people DO this.

2. If your a rogue you can out range the pyro, you can sit there at 35 meters(or whatever the increased range is) and kill pyro while he only has a 30 meter range. If pyro decides to be rash and charge you(and leaves ground of only chance in hell), pyro is yours. Also smart rogues will pop on said pyro drop dots and step out of los. rinse repeat, nothing pyro can do. ( especially if you pop one of the 30 different no one can kill me for the next 20 minutes buttons and I can cap any point even with 20 guys on me.)

3. If your another mage, get the purge ability from necro tree, then go dominator/warlock, you can now survive heatwave, remove GoS and cc the crap out of the pyro in other words, you are the anti-pyro.

4. If your a cleric, just heal your team and LoS the pyro, I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to jump into the middle of Black garden to kill that crazy healer only to have him hide behind a spike. then the dps your healing from there, kills me. Also if your a warden, I probably cannot kill you unless I burn my heat wave, and even then, that's only if you stay in los. (so a hint, don't stay in los). Now if your a tank cleric it is going to take me 12 + fireballs to kill you this is with 950 spell power, that's quite a long time for someone who is stationary to spend throwing fire at you. If your a Shaman/Druid, its your dps versus mine, if your smart you'll sick your pet on me and los, because if I'm not on you as soon as your on me, you win this dps race.

5. Warriors, your annoying, your a pain and I thank Trion daily that they fixed you so you do not kill me in 4 seconds anymore. Also those REALLY annoying paladin/riftblade tugboats can run around with 10 guys on them for days, SOLO. now when they get on you as a pyro, the smart ones also have purge, and there is nothing you can do to beat a 7k tank who is doing 400 dps(insert rift surge) healing and can dispel your GoS and all your other buffs quickly. OH did I mention that they have a 7k heal if you manage to actually make them worry about dying? Talk about GOD MODE. --Really though the class is a pain to kill and makes your fire flinging days miserable.

6. Lastly, any non pyro gets cc'd and killed before you can do anything. its not ground of skill its ground of your only chance in pvp.

7. Spell reflection, I'm always like why is this amazing (mage/cleric) not taking damage, then I'm like oh, OH CRAP I'm taking that damage, and I'm dead. - I've seen other mages and clerics who have reflected my fully charged fulminate back at me and oh yea, it hurts it hurts me BAD.

8. Why are you focusing on the pyro - if they are getting healed? GO FOR THE HEALER. It is quite entertaining to go chloro throw my synthesis on another pyro and watch him tank, but then the rogues pop on me and my fun is done.

I've mostly played a pyro from ranks 1-5 in the warfronts though I have tried out many other specs, guess what IM SICK OF PLAYING A PYRO. Guess what else, I'm dead before I can contribute anything to my team as any other spec. - Any class gets on me I'm dead before I can kill anyone at the minimum as a pyro I get a lot more spells off and I actually have time to finish people off because I'm not CC'd for 3/4 of my life. So before you say other mage specs are good. They really do not compare to a pyro - you have two people on you you won't get off a single spell as any other spec than pyro. Except Warlock because well 80% damage reduction does count for something. Something called, "A short lived distraction".

Finally - I was doing the same dps pre 1.1 as I am now topping the battlegrounds with damage and killing blows, they really didn't actually INCREASE the damage of the pyro. Only made it a little bit easier to insert yourself into combat without getting killed before you could get GoS off. Which made all the difference apparently, and now I can go attack people like everyone else! Survivability included! !
    Excuse me, but who told you that using common sense was allowed on these forums?. I am a pyro and unkillable. Everyone keeps telling me this. I just sit there and kill everyone while they cannot fight back. I swear i am telling the truth.

roflmao

You are the type of player who is fun to play against. You THINK and do NOT whine, and manage to whup my pyro *** as much as i whup yours.

Great post my friend.

Rift Disciple WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW's Avatar

what dispell do pal/rb get? I think only dispell wars have is under the VK soul it and it's halfway up the tree

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

Hmm... Void Knight is the only warrior soul with a 'purge'... mixed w/ Paladin/RB it's not a bad spec... but far from a dps spec, but it's mainly a tank build anyway. Btw, a pure dps warrior build is much squishier than mage... because warrior plate has NO mit against anything other than physical... so it's nice against rogues/warriors, but that's about it... plus we're in melee range (save for RB/Para) so we are always within dmg range of other classes.

I believe TRION had the concept right with Ground of Power... you can deal damage at the expense of taking more damage (even if your immune to all CC in GoS)... that would balance out the 1-8k crits you see on WFs, and Pyros can keep their immunities... as it is now they have more survivability then tanks, without the worry of cc to disrupt their dps, and they can nuke from 30m... only 'drawback' is that they need to remain in their circle to receive all the benefits... of course they can just recast GoS wherever and whenever they want, /shrug.
    Last edited by The Blackswordsman; 04-06-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackswordsman View Post
    Hmm... Void Knight is the only warrior soul with a 'purge'... mixed w/ Paladin/RB it's not a bad spec... but far from a dps spec, but it's mainly a tank build anyway. Btw, a pure dps warrior build is much squishier than mage... because warrior plate has NO mit against anything other than physical... so it's nice against rogues/warriors, but that's about it.

I believe TRION had the concept right with Ground of Power... you can deal damage at the expense of taking more damage (even if your immune to all CC in GoS)... that would balance out the 1-8k crits you see on WFs, and Pyros can keep their immunities... as it is now they have more survivability then tanks, without the worry of cc to disrupt their dps, and they can nuke from 30m... only 'drawback' is that they need to remain in their circle to receive all the benefits... of course they can just recast GoS wherever and whenever they want, /shrug.
    That survivability is so overhyped it's not funny. 1v1 they can detaunt, which is great, but runeshield doesn't last long and you can only detaunt one person. if a second dps person gets on a pyro, they still crumple as they typically only have about 4k-4.5k hps. Make the pyro blow his detaunt, and he's pretty much screwed if people actually try to kill him.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    That survivability is so overhyped it's not funny. 1v1 they can detaunt, which is great, but runeshield doesn't last long and you can only detaunt one person. if a second dps person gets on a pyro, they still crumple as they typically only have about 4k-4.5k hps. Make the pyro blow his detaunt, and he's pretty much screwed if people actually try to kill him.
    Which would then be a 2v1... I see, balance. Survivability overhyped? I seem to remember mages crying about dps in plate armor... eventhough that plate armor had 0 mit to their dmg... 30% (base) is alot of mit for the damage potential of mages... granted you sacrifice some hp if you go full dps into the Pyro tree... and since most pyros I see are full into the tree, seems the mit isn't that overhyped.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kridak2 View Post
    Excuse me, but who told you that using common sense was allowed on these forums?. I am a pyro and unkillable. Everyone keeps telling me this. I just sit there and kill everyone while they cannot fight back. I swear i am telling the truth.

roflmao

You are the type of player who is fun to play against. You THINK and do NOT whine, and manage to whup my pyro *** as much as i whup yours.

Great post my friend.
    LOL! Common sense is definitely not allowed on the forums heheh.

Which would then be a 2v1... I see, balance. Survivability overhyped? I seem to remember mages crying about dps in plate armor... eventhough that plate armor had 0 mit to their dmg... 30% (base) is alot of mit for the damage potential of mages... granted you sacrifice some hp if you go full dps into the Pyro tree... and since most pyros I see are full into the tree, seems the mit isn't that overhyped.
    I see... so... what the solution is, is to make it so that mages, pyros specifically, in a 1v1 battle don't have a chance (CHANCE, not guarantee since we have to get lucky and crit) to kill a player before they get into melee range with us. At which point, when in melee, that class can then just stay out of LoS and tune up the mage in 3-5 seconds without crits and without the mage actually being able to do anything.

Sooo.... what it comes down to is that everyone wants to be the winner, and cries when there is the possibility that someone, SOMETIMES, can tear them up. All the people QQing about mages need to play one in PvP before talking about how OP they are. Sure, in a "perfect storm" situation, we can tune up people. But if ANY class had ALL of their skills proc/crit, it's the same.

Sword of Telara

cool story bro but im a melee rogue,guess i just need to reroll? even you didnt say any option i have to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxteth View Post
    I see... so... what the solution is, is to make it so that mages, pyros specifically, in a 1v1 battle don't have a chance (CHANCE, not guarantee since we have to get lucky and crit) to kill a player before they get into melee range with us. At which point, when in melee, that class can then just stay out of LoS and tune up the mage in 3-5 seconds without crits and without the mage actually being able to do anything.

Sooo.... what it comes down to is that everyone wants to be the winner, and cries when there is the possibility that someone, SOMETIMES, can tear them up. All the people QQing about mages need to play one in PvP before talking about how OP they are. Sure, in a "perfect storm" situation, we can tune up people. But if ANY class had ALL of their skills proc/crit, it's the same.
    Uh, after you're done patting eachother on the back I'll break this down for you... done? Ok... what I tried to say was, "it shouldn't require 2+ people to take down 1 pyro"... is that clear? I'm actually for an 'equal chance' to win 1v1, granted the players are of equal skill, etc, etc...
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Ascendant

i got 19 deathblows in the first half of a BG match while i was ignored as a pyro

then two ranged rogues(who shoot further than me) decided they'd had enough of that

pretty sure i didnt get any more deathblows, nor could i even get much of a chance to cast GoS since guardians had the fang, so we had to advance on them (and advancing under fire to set up a casted "root you in place" ability sucks)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    i got 19 deathblows in the first half of a BG match while i was ignored as a pyro

then two ranged rogues(who shoot further than me) decided they'd had enough of that

pretty sure i didnt get any more deathblows, nor could i even get much of a chance to cast GoS since guardians had the fang, so we had to advance on them (and advancing under fire to set up a casted "root you in place" ability sucks)
    So what you're really saying is that it takes two rogues to take one pyro out of the game? Sounds like rogues need a buff

Plane Touched

I'm actually for an 'equal chance' to win 1v1, granted the players are of equal skill, etc, etc...
    Why? Who says you should be able to take down someone one on one? Some classes/combos will not be able to take down other classes/combos one on one, this isn't WoW even if the pvp system seems similar its not based around one vs one, its a team system.

God this crying and moaning is really getting old fast

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post

Save your face and credibility. There's no post or lies that can save Pyro from "tuning down." It's coming, just be ready mentally. Denying it will hurt you badly when it comes, which it definitely will.

Can't do anything while stunned, repeatedly (or while dead for that matter). Some pyros have some insane gear (probably PVE) and can hit harder than anything else I've seen.

Not everyone has dispel. I do, and no ****, I use it. Figure this out though, it requires LOS. LOS = dead. So it's only viable with a wall or large tree nearby, other wise you'll get stunned, rooted, stunned and then dead. If your'e not dead yet, you're running out of LOS with a flaming dot on you while you already used up your CD heal and potion. Dispel does wonders when it does work though (with something to break LOS agian). I've beaten pyros this way, using numerous walls to stay out of their sight as my Vex and Sanction Heretic every so slowly drains their HP.

Well, I hope you're dying to smart rogues because most rogues I run into are Nightblades and Assassins. Except one gnarly MM that whoops ***.

Yes, pyro isn't the only powerful mage. I'd rather run into a pyro (with a wall somewhere nearby), than a warlock/necro or dominator/xx anytime.

Cleric's get focused so this doesn't even matter. 12 fireballs? More like 3 or 4 when they're hitting for near 1k. Don't forget, you're not the only one aiming abilities at the enemy healers.

Another exaggeration. Yes, warriors are very powerful. I have yet to see one "run around with 10 guys on them for days, SOLO," though. Not everyone can roll as a VK (what you call the "smart ones"), and the ones who do usually will target mana casters (unless they're not so smart like you say). You act like every warrior has the paladin heal. I don't think everyone acts like all mages have GoS. Stop.

Not so sure about that... GoS just makes Pyro seem impossible to kill while he is in it. Without it, he's not nearly a glass cannon. They're pretty much safe until a few purges land on them and finally gets rid of GoS.

It would be nice if spell reflects worked while you stunned me, since coming out of the stun I'm usually dead or using the GCD to to throw up a heal.

This applies to the entire game.......................

Play some kind of combo of Necro/Lock, Lock/Chloro, Dominator/Lock etc. Those seem to have tons of fun (if blowing heads off in a few shots doesn't' suit you).

So the patch notes are wrong or I guess I didn't understand them correctly.

GG.
    Last edited by Boondocker; 04-06-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast