+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pets need love so PC's cant ignore them

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Pets need love so PC's cant ignore them

Lets face it, right now a pet might as well be called DPS DoT.

People completely ignore them till there is nothing else around to kill, or even worse, thank you for sending it so tthey can use it as a "battery".

Shouldnt at least the top end pets be something you have to contend with, especially if the person is 51 in that pets soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post

People completely ignore them till there is nothing else around to kill, or even worse, thank you for sending it so tthey can use it as a "battery".

Shouldnt at least the top end pets be something you have to contend with, especially if the person is 51 in that pets soul?
    ya because clearly your pet should solo players, that takes skill.

Champion

Saying no to pet buffs, but I really like pets because I can use them to charge up other things for my abilities. Even better if the owner is wasting time healing the pet, so I can do my job and make someone focus on a meaningless thing.

My pet is not a DoT. I can make it crit for 500+ (level 34). Pets do not need buffs. There are great pets for tanking that have high hp and can get loads of aggro. There are great pets for DPS that can do lots of damage without pulling aggro. There are pets that can do great AoE. Get the right pet for your situation and learn how to use it. Pets do not need a buff.

RIFT Guide Writer

I agree pets are fine for PVE, if you read the thread, its PVP that they need a little love.

I am NOT saying a pet should be able to solo a player, unless MAYBE the player had to put so many points into the pet that he was defenseless and offenseless without the pet.

What I am saying is that you shouldnt just be able to ignore pets in WF/Open world like you do now.

Like others have affirmed, they are batteries you use to charge your abilities (cadence, etc)

Shadowlander

I support pets being more useful in PvP, but only for people who go deep into a pet-based tree (necro, beastmaster etc). Right now, not a huge difference between a 0-point pet user's pet and a deep-user's pet.

There is a difference, just not a big one.

General of Telara

I am NOT saying a pet should be able to solo a player, unless MAYBE the player had to put so many points into the pet that he was defenseless and offenseless without the pet.
    Only if you had to be within 10 yards of the pet and could equip no weapons, armour or other gear and had no abilities except the pet ones.

General of Telara

my pet crit for 1k damage, its more the enough for a player to deal with. I dont want a pet that can solo a player, they are fine

Good heavens no, we see enough petting zoos as it is.

Having a zerglet of pets running across the map (far beyond the standard 30-35m attack range of players) and ganking people is just stupid.
    Last edited by Alente; 04-06-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Ascendant

51 point necro pets should be dangerous.

People completely ignore them till there is nothing else around to kill, or even worse, thank you for sending it so they can use it as a "battery".

Shouldn't at least the top end pets be something you have to contend with, especially if the person is 51 in that pets soul?
    With proper care and debuffs neccro pets are functioning pretty well...My zealot after proper care and debuffs/dots applied will hit 800+ solo with raid buffs 1000+ every 6 or so seconds, tell me of a dot doing such and I will give you a kiss (with proof of course) this isn't including his dots and auto attacks hitting for 200+ - 300+ solo and 325+ - 400+ in raid buff situations.

I agree its annoying to have tanky type specs and others use the dodge, block etc procs off of pets, to launch devastating attacks on the caster, and unless Trion actually links the procs to those that propagated such that wont change.

I know a lot of players aren't too keen on having to spend time and energy keeping things up on targets, that serve nearly no purpose accept pet dps, but thats the nature of the class, and I personally love it.

Only 1 beef in this regard, necro pets health pools should have a higher base, and yes I am aware of the fact I can waste/spend 5 points on health but even with that, if one were so inclined to gimp dps by doing such a thing, isn't enough.

Some of the other pets may be lacking but certainly not all of them are to be considered "additional dots"

The only thing that needs changing with pets is removing their knockbacks on cast times and preventing them from interupting you when doing an objective in a warfront.

Because being stopped from assisting in any objectives by a person 50 yards away who's left his pet on defensive is clearly skill.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ruxen View Post
    The only thing that needs changing with pets is removing their knockbacks on cast times and preventing them from interupting you when doing an objective in a warfront.

Because being stopped from assisting in any objectives by a person 50 yards away who's left his pet on defensive is clearly skill.
    Technically it is since he's using his pet to his advantage as you don't have one.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruxen View Post
    Yes, it's a class skill, well done for spotting it. /clap

It's also entirely realistic for a 'guard' pet to, you know, GUARD its' owner.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Alente View Post
    Good heavens no, we see enough petting zoos as it is.

Having a zerglet of pets running across the map (far beyond the standard 30-35m attack range of players) and ganking people is just stupid.
    This. It happens to me almost 100% of the time I PvP in WF's. As soon as I get into some range, they all swarm to me. I feel like im some feeding attendant at a petting zoo. Even as I try to los them from their owners, they still latch on to me. Quite annoying
    Last edited by Drunkhealer; 04-07-2011 at 01:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread