+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Classes will never be balanced so shut up.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default Classes will never be balanced so shut up.

    It's just a fact, nothing will ever be balanced. There will always be *some* small edge, no matter how fine you grind that edge down. Someone will always be better than you. Even if you *could* make things balanced, someone will have better gear. Then it'd just be whiners on the forum that things aren't balanced because they're idiots who didn't know it was because of different gear. Even if they realized that it was because of different gear, then they'd whine that they don't have the same gear for less effort.

    It's like life, not everyone is created equal. Why don't you go and start flaming people IRL being like, "I'm not as smart as that person! Give him a lobotomy!"? Because that would require that you admit that you're dumb. So stop trying to blame everything on imbalanced classes because quite frankly most of you just suck. If you want things to be more even, learn your class, then gear up, and if its still not even? Tough, thats the challenge! THATS THE WHOLE POINT! If you want easy mode where theres no challenge, go beat your head against a wall, because you'll always win.

    Just so it doesn't seem like I'm being unconstructive, heres what I think:

    The fact of the matter was, that warriors were pvp op before, now they're not. Stop whining that you can't kill a pyro and go VK and just murder them. If you haven't figured out how to switch rolls in a PvP just go do something to permanently insure that you can never breed. Quite frankly, if you guys get any heals, you'll probably beat a pyro in a GoS anytime, and if the pyro doesn't have heat wave up, you'll probably beat them without heals. (If the pyro has heals tho, its called strategy and you're both using it, and it depends also on your healer. WOW! Relying on other people for help! What has the world come to in MMOs!)

    Pyros may be OP now - as someone who plays one I would even tend to agree, but stop whining about 6-8k hits. If you imply they happen that often you're wrong. First, people have been exploiting for the last week with equipped items (it wasn't just pyros tho, I know a cleric who did the same thing). Second, If you get a powerup orb, OF COURSE YOU WILL DO STUPID AMTS OF DAMAGE. Fulminate is designed as the closest thing to a 1 shotter that you can have, so you double that damage and no surprise it hurts. Duh. Pyros by definition should be the single strongest burst damage in the game, so why is anyone surprised? However, they're also supposed to be glass cannons, so if they get a nerf it should be GoS's dam reduction so they actually act their role. 'Cause let me tell you, if that pyro didn't have a GoS with dam reduction, no-one would be whining they're OP because the pyro be dead too fast. (Then pyros would just whine that they're under-powered instead of learning positioning strategy/targetting tactics).

    Rogues are so-so, I know a rogue who plays Sin that kicks all in PvP, and I know another who sucks. I know rogues that tank better than pretty good warrior tanks, you just need the right heals to back it up. I would think that rogues are underpowered overall, especially with the stealth nerf, but that remains to be seen. I know I personally hate sabs because when I'm going pewpew with my pyro I don't stop to notice charges going up and they always hurt me. Also, Sin or whatever it is that has that stunlock combo will destroy me every time I'm not in my GoS. So Rogues, just use some strategy and you can learn to bring the pain too. *I* think, you guys should be able to perma stealth all the time with low to no abiility invetment (imho) and that would then play into said strategy.

    Clerics, I dunno whats up with you since you're all so damn quiet so I don't have anything to say :P

    Before you all say I'm just trolling, I'm not. I'm just frustrated with the mentality that people have that everything must be fair - when in fact they don't mean fair, they mean tilted in their favor. "Fair" is an unattainable ideal because quite frankly, I'll always be smarter than the whiner, and thus always have the edge ;) Sure, actual fairness would be okay, but I'm willing to accept being underpowered if it means I get more of a challenge. Thats the whole point of doing anything and a large part of the fun.

    If the only way you can get your kicks is to go into a room and immediately destroy everything there you need counseling. I like my opponents to fight back and even win sometimes so that my victory is all the sweeter.

    TL;DR version: Stop QQing and Stop Sucking.

    Edit: The corollary axiom to the TL;DR version is that, if you suck as a player than you'll always suck no matter how OP you are. Everything has a synergy and interplay, so just learn it.
    Last edited by Gill; 04-07-2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Rude and inappropriate language

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I can subscribe to this.

    But if they all stop crying like little children on the interwebs what will i read and laugh at when I'm waiting for the servers to come back online.

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traelan View Post
    Clerics, I dunno whats up with you since you're all so damn quiet so I don't have anything to say :P
    Well... There really isn't much to say. I mean our class is basically just there. O_O

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Banthaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    1. Your "I know a guy" examples reek of BS.
    2. The fact that you don't notice charges doesn't change the fact that 6 GCDs do pathetic damage
    3. Sin is gimp. It has no burst, just ridiculously low hitting dots, it has 2 stuns 1 of which requires stealth, it has no healing debuff, it has no AoE CC. It's like champ's rtarded cousin.
    4. Ranged rogues are beyond gimp.
    Last edited by Gill; 04-07-2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was edited

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Easiest way to balance classes is to give everyone a 2 second cast instant kill skill that has a 30m range. Everyone wins, total balance!

  6. #6
    Champion Lifeisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    516

    Default

    OP's ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Last edited by Gill; 04-07-2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was edited

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    1. Your "I know a guy" examples reek of BS.
    2. The fact that you don't notice charges doesn't change the fact that 6 GCDs do pathetic damage
    3. Sin is gimp. It has no burst, just ridiculously low hitting dots, it has 2 stuns 1 of which requires stealth, it has no healing debuff, it has no AoE CC. It's like champ's rtarded cousin.
    4. Ranged rogues are beyond gimp.
    1. The implication that I don't have any friends is plain old trollish :P If you mean that I don't provide a concrete example, wtf do you want? His name/age/address/dna sample? What on earth could you ask me to do to show that I know a guy who is good at pvp with a rogue? You can't believe they exist?
    2-4. every class has issues, I said rogues need help, what more do you want me to say? :P

    Well... There really isn't much to say. I mean our class is basically just there. O_O
    That's kind of the impression I got ;) I have a 34ish Cleric and while they don't seem bad, they don't seem impressive either. Dunno if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

    Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Hehe, got a good laugh out of that ;) "Point Blank Blatant Rants" Except that by making it a regular thing you'd classify yourself and thusly get lost in the din of internet noise. The truth should be a precision weapon that you use to excise a wound, not a sword to be bandied about and blunted until its pointless.

  8. #8
    Telaran Stewbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traelan View Post
    RANTRANTRANTlegitimatepointsRANTRANTRANT
    ^^^ What he said.

    +1 internetz.
    “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

    - Oscar Wilde

  9. #9
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Just because balance won't ever be achieved fully doesn't mean the devs shouldn't strive for it. It is like world peace or ending poverty, unlikely to happen but even small gains mean a lot.

  10. #10
    Telaran Stewbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Just because balance won't ever be achieved fully doesn't mean the devs shouldn't strive for it. It is like world peace or ending poverty, unlikely to happen but even small gains mean a lot.
    Please tell me you didn't just compare achieving world peace to achieving balance in an mmo....

    “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

    - Oscar Wilde

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewbs View Post
    Please tell me you didn't just compare achieving world peace to achieving balance in an mmo....

    You forgot poverty too...

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Imbalances are ok in general as long as imbalances are not so great as to be breaking. My belief has always been that imbalances are necessary for more interesting gameplay. However, there is such a thing as balance that is so bad that the power gap far outstrips any benefit to the game.

    There are people who QQ about the most miniscule things, yes, then there are people who have legitimate complaints. When you paint all "complainers" as QQing, you are saying the game and developers can do no wrong. Balance changes can do no wrong.

    The reality is, a shoddy balance decision can break certain classes upwards or downwards and that cascades down to the rest of the game. It's NEVER isolated. If the divide is too great, we MUST speak up. That is also the nature of the genre.

    At the end of the day, no matterwhat you or I believe, no class should ever be able to insta-gib another, no matter what the circumstances, cooldowns or not, special buffs or not. Things like that are severe balance problems.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    436

    Default

    like u said it will never be balanced so next up to nerf is mages get it?

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewbs View Post
    Please tell me you didn't just compare achieving world peace to achieving balance in an mmo....

    Let's never try to acheive balance then!

    It makes everything so much easier!

  15. #15
    Telaran Stewbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    Let's never try to acheive balance then!

    It makes everything so much easier!
    Sounds good.
    All the whining would at least stop then.
    “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

    - Oscar Wilde

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts