+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro pets and Elemental pets

Soulwalker

Default Necro pets and Elemental pets

Has anyone else noticed how weak the pets are? I took a level 21 greater wind elemental against a level 13 fae (not elite) and my wind elemental was dead in no time. I also tried with level 21 greater earth elemental and he just barely beat a level 13 fae.....Same results with necro pets....These pets either need better armor...more hp...more damage...or all of the above. I dont mind if my pet dies to something thats close to its level but for my pet to be 8 levels higher and get it's butt kicked is not cool.

Havent tried ranger pets dont know if there stronger or not

I've never had problems with the pets.

The Greater Air Elemental isn't supposed to tank.. don't use it for that.
    The Greater Earth Elemental won't kill it on it's own. Don't use it for that.

Necro pets are fine as well.

The pets are just an extension of the character. You use them for things your character can't do or just to help out with a little extra push of damage.

Rift Disciple

The earth elemental is great for distracting the enemy so you can blast it. the air elemental is great for doing extra damage along side you. they cant work on their own. Elementalists have the best pet heal in the game to, once talented it heals the pet for 25% of its max HP every second for 5 seconds.

Necro pets are even more reliant on the player, they dont do their best unless there are stacks of deathly calling on the target, Necrosis, and Looming demise. without these debuffs on the target your pet is not going to do hardly anything.

I think the pets are fine right know, just be sure your there to help them and they will help you just fine.

[Necro] I find the Revenant (sp) is a little weak. I use the Zealot for dps in a group and the other one for solo (cant remember its name)
    Dru

Quote Originally Posted by Talvore View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how weak the pets are? I took a level 21 greater wind elemental against a level 13 fae (not elite) and my wind elemental was dead in no time. I also tried with level 21 greater earth elemental and he just barely beat a level 13 fae
    Um .... forgive me, but something doesn't sound right, here. I'm using a 21st level LESSER earth elemental, & having no trouble taking on level 21 trolls & so on.

I can't even imagine why anyone would have trouble attacking a non-elite mob, 8 levels lower than their pet.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Pets need love I agree.
    I am a 44 elementalist and my pet simply can not hold aggro and that is my earth pet. If he does his aoe when somethings are in range it is great but often I get aggro and am dead fairly fast if I ganged up on.
    The issue here is that game is about multiples it is not about single pulls the cc implemented is fairly a joke since I can only cc one and everything is aoe dmg and breaks it anyway. Also my pet earth uses aoe to grab aggro so yah...

Mages need hate reduction spells, our pets at least in the realm of elementalist need more hp and separate buffs if not more hp as well as greater aggro creation while attacking.

With the game mechanics as they are my pet should be able to hold 4 enemies in place while I blast them with aoe or dd. If the game was say EQ where my tactic was to actually strategize and single pull then the pets are good as is right now but it is not. This game is total brute force mass enemies mass invasions mass everything and our pets need the ability to shield us from being beat down since our armor rating is abysmal.

Rift Disciple

I agree that the pets could use a bit better armor but they arent terrible. My necro stalwart does a decent job of holding agro and can live decently with 1 mob beating on him. Better armor would help but theres a lot more important things to worry about in the game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumvaar View Post
    Um .... forgive me, but something doesn't sound right, here. I'm using a 21st level LESSER earth elemental, & having no trouble taking on level 21 trolls & so on.

I can't even imagine why anyone would have trouble attacking a non-elite mob, 8 levels lower than their pet.
    He's talking about his pet solo-ing a mob 8 levels lower. Not him fighting WITH his pet.
    Would you say I have a plethora of piņatas? - El Guapo

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/10594_15cb87d4d3df51a5.png

p.s. I refuse to play a pyro because when I beat you, you can't use that excuse

Soulwalker

You might want to make sure that you have trained your pet summoning spells to their highest level. If you haven't then might be using a level 4 pet to fight mobs a lot higher than their level.

While you say you're using a level 21 wind and earth elemental, is it your level or the pet's actual level?
    Last edited by Nightfish; 04-06-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Drusillus View Post
    [Necro] I find the Revenant (sp) is a little weak. I use the Zealot for dps in a group and the other one for solo (cant remember its name)
    The revenant's spells are weak yes, but when used correctly every attack it does aoes everything. you need to have deathly calling on all the mobs in a group (use your aoe), necrosis and lurking decay on 1 target. when the pet attacks that 1 target it damages (it says spreads necrosis and decay but its just damage) all mobs afflicted with deathly calling plus its other spells hit all targets with DC on them.

Aoe fight the revenant is best to use, single target, zealot is best

Quote Originally Posted by rebel9884 View Post
    He's talking about his pet solo-ing a mob 8 levels lower. Not him fighting WITH his pet.
    Then he's doing it wrong.
    Fare thee well
    Nothing to tell

Quote Originally Posted by Urara View Post
    Necro pets are even more reliant on the player, they dont do their best unless there are stacks of deathly calling on the target, Necrosis, and Looming demise. without these debuffs on the target your pet is not going to do hardly anything.
    QFT.

Once I understood that these debuffs were a necessity, my Zealot was wasting mobs while I was gaining my last few levels to 50. I stopped using the Knight because the Zealot was just bringing mobs to almost 50% before I even started to really lay into them.

I have yet to test the numbers of the other Necro pets, but you just have to know how to apply the proper debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumvaar View Post
    Then he's doing it wrong.
    He was testing his pet's dps. Did you even read the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by rebel9884 View Post
    He was testing his pet's dps. Did you even read the OP?
    Yes, & I don't see anything there about specifically testing his pet's DPS.
    Fare thee well
    Nothing to tell

Quote Originally Posted by Talvore View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how weak the pets are? I took a level 21 greater wind elemental against a level 13 fae (not elite) and my wind elemental was dead in no time. I also tried with level 21 greater earth elemental and he just barely beat a level 13 fae.....Same results with necro pets....These pets either need better armor...more hp...more damage...or all of the above. I dont mind if my pet dies to something thats close to its level but for my pet to be 8 levels higher and get it's butt kicked is not cool.

Havent tried ranger pets dont know if there stronger or not
    I think you're missing something somewhere. I can't speak for the elementalist pet cause I don't use that soul for anything, but necro pets can solo even level mobs if you spec right. It could be that at level 21 you don't have enough points to put in the proper areas to boost your pet to the point where he is tough enough to solo, honestly I don't remember how the pet was that long ago.

All I know is at level 40+ my pets could solo even level mobs (or close enough to it) as a necro. Not the caster pet though, caster pets suck. It's for group AE pulling, not for single target DPS. Don't use the caster pet ever.
    Video of best Mage spec in action! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

+ Reply to Thread