+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Channeled abilities not counting for Rifts and Invasions?

Default Channeled abilities not counting for Rifts and Invasions?

I have noticed over the past week or so that if I only use the Blade Dancer skill "Dancing Steel", which is channeled for 6 seconds, to help AE down an invasion force with a group, I get no credit for destroying the invasion despite the fact that I dealt damage to it.

Has anyone else experienced issues where channeled abilities don't grant them any rewards for a rift or invasion if that is all you used?

Telaran

You get rewarded for using GCD's, not for actually doing something useful. Spamming Expose Weakness is more effective contribution than any form of damage, but it's mostly because rogue's regen is lower than the cost of their abilities, and it's one of the few 20 energy cost skills.
    You could probably try to spam Predatory Instincts as well once you're in combat.

Cadence seems to be an exception to all that, might be tied to CP generating abilities. Never really had any issues as a bard, but they are the only rogue class not being energy drained.

Channeled abilities give only a small amount of credit for the first tick (when you press the button). Basically, just don't use them until Trion fixes contribution, sad but true. It's especially ****ty for bards using cadence and necros soul purge, both souls can spend upwards of 50% of their time channeling to perform well.

Telaran

It's even worse now that they've removed the contribution bar/scoreboard but the same terrible mechanics are in place.

Soulwalker

Yea been like this for a while soul purge basically keeps me pet alive while he tanks the boss and I end up doing a ton more dmg purging and dotting then casting but in the end I get nothing for keeping the raid alive and the boss from running loose and killing everyone but what can you do.
    Last edited by chasem167; 04-06-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Plane Touched

Channeled abilities don't seem to offer setback (ie stopping people from clicking items, disrupting abilities) either.

Hopefully that will be addressed as well.

Shadowlander

Basing contribution off of just GCDs is rediculous. Damage, damage taken, threat gained, and healing done should all be taken into consideration along with GCDs.

Won't rogues have a considerable advantage in contribution due to having a quicker GCD?

Channeling makes your contribution go down.

It's stupid.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    You get rewarded for using GCD's, not for actually doing something useful. Spamming Expose Weakness is more effective contribution than any form of damage, but it's mostly because rogue's regen is lower than the cost of their abilities, and it's one of the few 20 energy cost skills.
    You could probably try to spam Predatory Instincts as well once you're in combat.

Cadence seems to be an exception to all that, might be tied to CP generating abilities. Never really had any issues as a bard, but they are the only rogue class not being energy drained.
    Contribution is no longer tied specifically to gcds.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnon View Post
    Won't rogues have a considerable advantage in contribution due to having a quicker GCD?
    If they ever offer name changes, I would change my rogue's name to 'NotEnoughEnergy'
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

+ Reply to Thread