+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: brightwiz/sorc ruind WAR dont make the same mistkaes plz

Soulwalker

Default brightwiz/sorc ruind WAR dont make the same mistkaes plz

as the title states. i recently read the guy responsibal for class balance in WAR has take a new job doing the same thing with rift. i realy hope he has learnt alot and dosent make the same mistakes that where made with brightwiz and sorc. thos 2 classes pretty much killed the game for annyone who played mdps ( okay mabey not everyone but a large number)

i like the rvr in war and tbh was hopeing for the same mass battles in rift. just as long as there isnt a bw/sorc mistake again.

nope tehy havent ruined thegame. the game is still running, pretty much dying but running.
    most players left cos of 1.4 boredom and lack of content continuity powered by ea...
    nope. was it.

Actually most people (600,000-800,000 subs) left after 90 days due to the severe class imbalances and broken game mechanics. They closed 63 servers during the first 6 months of the game.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=22654
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 04-06-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Rift Disciple WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Actually most people (600,000-800,000 subs) left after 90 days due to the severe class imbalances and broken game mechanics. They closed 63 servers during the first 6 months of the game.

Actually, I was one of the people that left and I left because the PvE sucked hardcore 30+, public quests got old fast and nobody was around for them, RvR had little pvp at all and ended up being keep flipping all night with little resistance or if there was any, it was always one sided and boring or ended up with AOE spam. Rarely you would get a decent battle, but it was often short lived. Hell, I played a witch elf, and they kicked much more *** than BWs but that wasn't at max level though.
    Last edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW; 04-06-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Ascendant

and they fixed most of the problems nowadays.

i dont disagree that the developers at WAR were relatively slow at making necessary changes though.

yes, but a game is ruined when its closing its doors. thats what i call ruined, dead over and out...

and i know what im talkin about, cos i played hellgate til the last hours with a so called lifetime account...
    that is pretty pissing u really off dude. hellgate was fun.
    fun isnt bodycounting accounts.
    i would still play hellgate and i would still play even warhammer.
    but the last one only with two major changes:
    - if they provide solid contentfor the future and a real rvr-overhaul too.
    - mythic and warhammer ip no longer in the hands of that crap publisher of reskinning sports/and cars-games, cos thats the only thing they got managed the last decades.
    and heck they want big money for it.

i get a full game i can play for fun for nuts , with riotgames league of legends, if i want to pay for skins or not(!)...end of the rant.

mr.1000"Ws" is right too.
    Last edited by myshkin67; 04-06-2011 at 05:54 AM.
    nope. was it.

bright wizard brightwizard brightwizard brightwizard .... just because I didnt feel there was enough mentioning of it in the forums of late.

Seriously, time to move on to a new rallying cry, fox news ------>

BWs were only the top of the iceberg. Bombsquads weren't such a big deal, and honestly people wouldn't have hated BWs so much if their own classes were buffed. Blackguard, mara, WL, Magus and engi (after nerf), Borc, WE were so underpowered it wasn't even funny. WE eventually got buffed a bit as did mara and WL but that was too little too late.

1.0 or 1.1 patch BW killed Warhammer. There was a video where 2 BW decimated Warband after Warband with 1 button. Thatís 30-60 players dead in 5 sec, fun times.

I had more fun RVRing in WAR with a Lion Warden than I ever did with my Sorceress.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Erien View Post
    1.0 or 1.1 patch BW killed Warhammer. There was a video where 2 BW decimated Warband after Warband with 1 button. That’s 30-60 players dead in 5 sec, fun times.

What you mean to say:

2 BWs each with 50% reduced damage thanks to Guard, pocket healing AoE salvation WPs who could outheal God, an IB with ranged stun, melee stun, knockdown, AoE morale shield that absorbs 9k damage, rank 3 WP morale shields that absorbed a few k dmg, speccable absorb shields, 1 KoTBS that enhanced the party's resists and lowered the enemy's resists, AoE Taunt that reduced EVERY ENEMY'S dmg by 30%, single target knockback, AoE knockback, AoE root for each BW, another AoE knockback from the WP and a bunch more goodies managed to kill some pugs.

So basically a premade bombsquad killed pugs. That =/= why BWs were overpowered. Even with all that a Chosen/Chosen/WE/Choppa/Dok/DoK melee train would trash that bombsquad. That video just showed bad pugs.
    Last edited by Banthaz; 04-06-2011 at 08:20 AM.

I like that you made a mistake when you typed mistkae.

No comment on the actual topic.
    Gurdy's Pots!
    "Don't let your blue bar get fubar! Use Gurdy's Heroic Mana Tonics!" Now in raspberry.
    "Try Gurdy's Mighty Health Potions! For those times when you take a big crit and your health bar goes to ... "

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    What you mean to say:

2 BWs each with 50% reduced damage thanks to Guard, pocket healing AoE salvation WPs who could outheal God, an IB with ranged stun, melee stun, knockdown, AoE morale shield that absorbs 9k damage, rank 3 WP morale shields that absorbed a few k dmg, speccable absorb shields, 1 KoTBS that enhanced the party's resists and lowered the enemy's resists, AoE Taunt that reduced EVERY ENEMY'S dmg by 30%, single target knockback, AoE knockback, AoE root for each BW, another AoE knockback from the WP and a bunch more goodies managed to kill some pugs.

So basically a premade bombsquad killed pugs. That =/= why BWs were overpowered. Even with all that a Chosen/Chosen/WE/Choppa/Dok/DoK melee train would trash that bombsquad. That video just showed bad pugs.
    No I meant to say is what I said. I'm not talking about bomb squads, I was long time gone before they immerged. Good or bad pugs doesn't matter if you can't get to your targed.
    Last edited by Erien; 04-06-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by myshkin67 View Post
    nope tehy havent ruined thegame. the game is still running, pretty much dying but running.
    most players left cos of 1.4 boredom and lack of content continuity powered by ea...
    1.4 was horrible They completely destroyed rvr in one night.
    Last edited by Vember; 04-06-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Erien View Post
    1.0 or 1.1 patch BW killed Warhammer. There was a video where 2 BW decimated Warband after Warband with 1 button. Thatís 30-60 players dead in 5 sec, fun times.

you talking about that video where two BWs stacking RoF (which doesnt stack anymore and does about half the damage it was doing in that video) with pocket heals, hitting unlimited targets(now limited to 9 at the max) killed a ton of people at squiggly beast pens?

thats so far off what the gameplay is like nowadays that its not even relevant.

i mean 1.1 was like...winter '09 or something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast