+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 8.6k crit fulminate

Rift Disciple

Default 8.6k crit fulminate

so wait...pyros are balanced? I cant think of a single argument you can come up with that makes and 8.6k damage in one shot seem reasonable.
    I read these posts previously but i didnt believe it possible until i was actually 1 shotted from full health.

(although i admit it, most fulminates only hit for 3k or so. But still for any class to have the potential to 1 shot another player is stupid)

Shadowlander

I agree, any class being able to kill someone in a single global cooldown is ******ed. Unfortunately Trion only seems to agree that melee shouldn't be able to do this, but its quite alright for a Mage to do so.

Plane Touched

Thats way higher than I have ever been hit by a Pyro tbh, still they can and often do two shot me at R4 Warrior I have heard they do the same too R6 Warriors as well. Balance is not something that Trion could have been aiming for or they never looked at any data prior too 1.1 and just made changes based on how much people QQ about classes.
    Of course if this is the case Pyro will be nerfed into the ground and lets be honest I think everyone will agree that they need too be tamed down quite a bit at the moment. Dont even bother with WF at the moment the winners always just seem too be the team with the most Pyro's tbh, making Pvp a dreadful experience shame as I had a few freinds really showing intrest in the game but after showing them a few videos of how the pvp game play is they decided too look for something somewhat better too play.

learn 2 play and stop whining. Im playing a warrior but even i cant stand such massive amounts of whine, just make a VK hybrid with champ and own their ***** without problem.

8.6k fulminate? This is the issue with orbs in WF,not pyro himself. And yes it annoys the hell out of me because if my warrior takes the orb damage difference is not so crucial like for a mage,this needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by Velsu; 04-05-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Velsu View Post
    learn 2 play and stop whining. Im playing a warrior but even i cant stand such massive amounts of whine, just make a VK hybrid with champ and own their ***** without problem.

8.6k fulminate? This is the issue with orbs in WF,not pyro himself. And yes it annoys the hell out of me because if my warrior takes the orb damage difference is not so crucial like for a mage,this needs to be fixed.
    no,im a mage and i must say that yea we are super OP.
    each time i 1 shot someone i laugh XD

nvm my time is too precious for ******s on forums.
    Last edited by Velsu; 04-06-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    no,im a mage and i must say that yea we are super OP.
    each time i 1 shot someone i laugh XD
    you aren't a mage. you're a wolf in sheeps clothing. if you were a mage you would say (at the very most) that pyros are OP, but the rest of the mage calling is meh in PvP outside of one or two very particular specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Velsu View Post

HUH? Wait, so your saying that this is an Orb issue and the fact he should be rocking 4k hits instead is ok without the Orb?

Don;t think so tim, also, I have been crit hit for 7.4k in open world PvP, explain that one. Can;t blame the orb there sunshine.

Rift Disciple

That only happens due to the orb buff + if you were transmorgrified you take extra damage. Fulminate will not crit for that amount otherwise

You can't say that an entire class is OP simply because of one or two or ten mages who are pulling off these rare crits(of which I still have seen no proof).

Yes I have seen an SS of of a 6k crit. We have already heard how the orb increases damage in WFs and some hackers had figured out how to up their sp and intell and spell crit.

Until i see more than a stray SS of some fluke crit I refuse to accept that Pyros are OP.

And seriously..before posting threads like this..figure out how to link screenies...compile all the SSs in one thread plox so at least others can see who..and where..and what rank..and how geared these "super pyros' are who are doing this.

There are sooo many variables involved that noone is mentioning..spell crit pots..spell crit increase trinkets..spell buffs that increase sp..( extra hacked weapon slots), PvP spell damage increase skillz and yes the orbs.

Those are ONLY the variable on one side of this . I didn't mention the fact that the target may be rank 0...in greens with no skills to prevent player damage..no fire resists..no guild buffs etc etc etc etc and the list goes on.

If you REALLY want to convince the more cerebral readers in this forum that pyros are indeed OP..try to give us a rundown of your spec..that pyros spec..your gear..their gear..what buffs you had running..what buffs they had running...and screenies please..otherwise..I'm just seeing "WAAAA..a mage kilt meee..that aint right!!one one one"
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 04-06-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    You can't say that an entire class is OP simply because of one or two or ten mages who are pulling off these rare crits(of which I still have seen no proof).

Yes I have seen an SS of of a 6k crit. We have already heard how the orb increases damage in WFs and some hackers had figured out how to up their sp and intell and spell crit.

Until i see more than a stray SS of some fluke crit I refuse to accept that Pyros are OP.

And seriously..before posting threads like this..figure out how to link screenies...compile all the SSs in one thread plox so at least others can see who..and where..and what rank..and how geared these "super pyros' are who are doing this.

There are sooo many variables involved that noone is mentioning..spell crit pots..spell crit increase trinkets..spell buffs that increase sp..( extra hacked weapon slots), PvP spell damage increase skillz and yes the orbs.

Those are ONLY the variable on one side of this . I didn't mention the fact that the target may be rank 0...in greens with no skills to prevent player damage..no fire resists..no guild buffs etc etc etc etc and the list goes on.

If you REALLY want to convince the more cerebral readers in this forum that pyros are indeed OP..try to give us a rundown of your spec..that pyros spec..your gear..their gear..what buffs you had running..what buffs they had running...and screenies please..otherwise..I'm just seeing "WAAAA..a mage kilt meee..that aint right!!one one one"
    You mr, cant be playing this game.
    Riddler - Cleric - <Pyran> - Whitefall

I get hit by 20 + pyros daily at level 50 and have yet to been hit by fulminate over 3k since 1.1.

What game are you playing mr.?

Rift Disciple

http://dies-irae.org/balanced.png

Here's a pic of my fireball critting for -10 damage. Your argument is invalid.

Soulwalker

You dont need screenshots to convince pyros are OP, everyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubar View Post
    You dont need screenshots to convince pyros are OP, everyone knows.
    and if you keep saying "There's no place like home" while clicking your ruby slippers together..you'll go back to Kansas.

My argument is quite valid. No extensive experimentation while considering all the variables that I've mentioned before and this thread is nothing more than bla bla bla.

/close thread.

Buh bye.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast