+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Since you have devs from EQ2 in your Team

Default Since you have devs from EQ2 in your Team

Why not implement the same mechanics you had in EQ2? Is it really that hard?
    Abilities had/have different numbers or slightly different mechanics in PvP then in PvE. There is no reason you need to get PvE balance out of whack if you need to adjust an ability for PvP..

Seriously.
    Kandra, DawN's Level 50 Defiant Nurse in Chain (Blightweald)
    Master Runecrafter / Master Outfitter / Master Butcher

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sheilina View Post
    Why not implement the same mechanics you had in EQ2? Is it really that hard?
    Abilities had/have different numbers or slightly different mechanics in PvP then in PvE. There is no reason you need to get PvE balance out of whack if you need to adjust an ability for PvP..

Seriously.
    Exactly!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one that was aware of this. EQ2 has two sets of stats b/c they went through a generation of complaining about PvP nerfs affecting PvE game play.

Here is the pvp wiki page.

Now I'm sure the Trion Dev team is fully aware of this. They have to be, all they do is create MMO's these guys are not new jacks. As an IT guy myself there are career experiences that you just don't forget or overlook and anything related to PvP has a lot of baggage to consider.

My only conclusion is that they didn't have enough time to implement this. They are probably thinking that the Rift player base would be too busy and occupied with what is currently in game to notice this quickly.

Aion actually did this (the only thing they did do right). Damage was reduced against other players by 40%, I think. PvE damage was not altered.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Aion actually did this (the only thing they did do right). Damage was reduced against other players by 40%, I think. PvE damage was not altered.
    Something to keep in mind, some of the eq2 abilities took MASSIVE hits in pvp (-60% dmg) and some got big boosts over their PVE counterpart. Also heals do less in PVP.
    Last edited by fools; 04-06-2011 at 05:11 AM.

I would like to add :

THe Devs that worked with EQ2...PLEASE copy the chatsystem that Everquest 2 has. Dont use the borked system that wow has. It sucks so much!
    If you havnt played EQ2 you dont know how well thoughtout that system is.
    You can costumize it so well. THe diffrent tabs can be programed to remember what kind of chat you want in that tab....Party-chat....Guildchat...you dont have to keep typing /g...or /p...or pick it in the little option in the corner like Rift and WoW has it.

You can also change the color more in the chatwindows..not just the overall color.
    Pls bring that system here !!

/signed

EQ2's idea in doing this was Awesome. You could essentially have two completely different stats for pvp and pve, so if you need to make adjustments, you could do so without affecting one or the other.

Isn't like that or are diminishing returns different.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by rebeldemon View Post
    Isn't like that or are diminishing returns different.
    No, it's neither atm. DRs is when you stun someone, then the second stun is shortened, until finally, the player is immune to your stuns for a short time. Same with silences.

What they are referring to is a static damage reduction. So for instance, Pyros, (good example, haha) could end up having a 40% reduction to all spells, and 60% reduction to one particular spell against players at all times. It would never go up or down except with gear, but would still be 40% reduction.
    Last edited by Troponin; 04-06-2011 at 07:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread