+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleric damage

Rift Disciple

Default Cleric damage

With all the fuss about pyros, clerics seem to do things like this: http://i53.tinypic.com/351x2sk.jpg. 4k in a second makes pre-nerf saboteurs jealous. But somehow they stay under the radar.

I submit to our new cabalist overlords and so should you.
    Constable Ashaya the Daredevil
    <Libertatis Causa> - Feenring (EU)

Soulwalker

as i remember, it's 1 min CD or 30 sec CD with 5 pt spent.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCobra View Post
    With all the fuss about pyros, clerics seem to do things like this: http://i53.tinypic.com/351x2sk.jpg. 4k in a second makes pre-nerf saboteurs jealous. But somehow they stay under the radar.

It's a 30 second CD with 5 talents and requires a 3 second charge, but yes, it probably still should be looked at.

That said, those numbers look unusually high. Did they have the WF buff?

Edit: The reason I ask is because rank 9 obliterate is 135-139 before enhancements, and each LD with obliterate is (35-39)*2 before enhancements. (Both at rank 9) If it isn't the WF buff then maybe it's scaling that should be looked at first.
    Last edited by Ellyll; 04-05-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Rift Disciple

That guy must have some pretty awesome gear...

Or was abusing the multiple weapons bug.

Rift Disciple

Although the piece I linked is from Codex, the same guy delivered that damage to me in Black Garden, too. That also makes me think we can rule out the red orb buff.

That toon does seem to have very good gear (running with a team that includes at least one rank6).

Champion of Telara

4k with wings, and i've never seen lurking decays crit despite playing Cab heavily. It also requires 3 seconds of a buggy channeled spell to ramp up. Cabalist is terrible.

I have full pvp set and my Oblit does about 2.8k. That spell is basically an inferior pre-nerf sab.
    Last edited by faction; 04-05-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Rift Chaser

You were exploiting equipping multiple weapons glitch to get a spellpower of about 1500ish to do this. It is currently not possible without exploiting to get lurkey decays to hit for this much. You should feel ashammed of yourself for posting this.

I have a cleric, i have good gear, and my lurking decays only hit for 550ish a pop with Obliterate. If you want to convince us you arent cheating give us your exact soul specs and gear.

**EDIT** Sorry, I assumed that was you bragging. That was you GETTING hit by that. I see.
    Last edited by Skaarrj; 04-05-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Plane Walker

I wouldn't say Cabalist is terrible.

In a group setting it can be amazing, with mass debuffs / silences / slows / stuns, etc.

But any way you look at it, I do not see how 131-135 scales to 1028. I'm not saying it didn't happen, you have the picture, I just don't know how. That is insane.
    Last edited by Ellyll; 04-05-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Champion of Telara

As far as dps cleric specs go it's definitely by far the best. But that's not saying much, lol. All it has going for it is Obliterate and AE purge, everything else can be provided by superior specs.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Rift Disciple

Because ive had a pyro 1 shot me before from full health with fulminate at lvl 50.
    A cleric will never be able to one shot someone.

Ive also been hit with an 8.6k fulminate.

Shield of Telara

To get the 30 second reduce on obliterate you need to spend a lot more points in the tree first. Still has a 30 second cool down after that. Not always will you get 3 decays on one decay spell cast. It is a strong spell no doubt, but still nothing compared to Rogue Sabs and even Mage Necro's.

Im open for suggestions and opinions anyways.

I have a 51 point Cabalist (14 Inq, 1 Sent) build. Roughly 800 spellpower. Note that Lurking Decays can't currently crit (unless that was changed without a patch note), so that wasn't a lucky crit.

My normal Obliterate hits for roughly ~550, and the LDs tick for ~480x3. I'm not sure it's possible to get LDs to hit for almost 1k damage without the WF buff. I don't know the math on scaling, but how much SP would you need to go from ~480 at 800 SP to ~980?
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

890spell power and my lurking decay hits for 400ish but thats if i was using pve gear in pvp..

this guy would have to be full cab, t2 pve gear, with both cleric damage multiplier buffs up and the red orb.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    You were exploiting equipping multiple weapons glitch to get a spellpower of about 1500ish to do this. It is currently not possible without exploiting to get lurkey decays to hit for this much. You should feel ashammed of yourself for posting this.

I have a cleric, i have good gear, and my lurking decays only hit for 550ish a pop with Obliterate. If you want to convince us you arent cheating give us your exact soul specs and gear.

**EDIT** Sorry, I assumed that was you bragging. That was you GETTING hit by that. I see.
    Thanks for the correction.

I do hope that was the result of an exploit, because else it'd be insane.

as long as that cleric can be silenced or interrupted I dont see the issue even if it hits that hard.
    A quote from Zintair

"I WANT TO TAKE MY SHIELD AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ***!!!!"

Pretty much sums it up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast