+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pyros are ridiculous

Rift Master

Default Pyros are ridiculous

Here is a SS of a BG I just did with my level 36 Pyro. I never got the red bauble, was pugging, have mediocre gear, and at level 36, obviously don't have ground of strength or fulminate.

http://i56.tinypic.com/k9f9t.jpg

Even without those things, this class is simply just too powerful and easy to play. I have a ton of CC, great mobility, great damage, its just disgusting.

Soulwalker

Well, I don't see how pyros are overpowered if it didn't help your team to win the warfront.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alkyd View Post
    Well, I don't see how pyros are overpowered if it didn't help your team to win the warfront.
    If I wasn't there my team would have been spawn camped with like 20 points. They had better dps (besides me) and better healing then we did, which you can see in the screenshot.
    Last edited by Foofmonger; 04-05-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Rift Master

Level 36.

Sigh.

Anyone reasonably talented can duplicate the same result with any calling when put up against a bunch of not-very-good-players.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 04-05-2011 at 04:16 PM.

yeah you know what? I can pull the same numbers in a 30-39 bracket warfront as Warlock... Its called AoE.

Chloro/Lock is better, it's just not quite as much of a facesmash. That build is OP, hopefully when they fix Pyro they'll tune Chloro a little too. How is nobody QQing about them? Post 1.1 Chloro/Lock combos are the most ridiculous class in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Alkyd View Post
    What is your definition of overpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Level 36.

Sigh.

Anyone reasonably talented can duplicate the same result with any calling when put up against a bunch of not-very-good-players.
    This is true.

I agree with the message they are somewhat overpowered. I dont think your level has much to do with anything, but posting one SS of you doing well as a soul isnt proof of that soul being overpowered.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    Chloro/Lock is better, it's just not quite as much of a facesmash. That build is OP, hopefully when they fix Pyro they'll tune Chloro a little too. How is nobody QQing about them? Post 1.1 Chloro/Lock combos are the most ridiculous class in PvP.
    Chloro/lock is not better, you are ****ing high. It might be better for 1v1, but its not better in group play than a well supported Pyro. If you need me to tell you why I can make a list.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Here is a SS of a BG I just did with my level 36 Pyro. I never got the red bauble, was pugging, have mediocre gear, and at level 36, obviously don't have ground of strength or fulminate.

http://i56.tinypic.com/k9f9t.jpg

Even without those things, this class is simply just too powerful and easy to play. I have a ton of CC, great mobility, great damage, its just disgusting.
    Your first problem is that you are level 36 and still using 4 slot bags. In one hour of rifting you can collect enough coin to buy four 16 slot bags off of the AH .. a day of questing can get you four 18 slot bags off the AH. It is time to upgrade already.

Second is you are 36 and playing in the Black garden against a bunch of level 15's. Any class of more than twice the level of your target will be "easy to play". Grow up and pick on someone your own size.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer14 View Post
    Your first problem is that you are level 36 and still using 4 slot bags. In one hour of rifting you can collect enough coin to buy four 16 slot bags off of the AH .. a day of questing can get you four 18 slot bags off the AH. It is time to upgrade already.

Second is you are 36 and playing in the Black garden against a bunch of level 15's. Any class of more than twice the level of your target will be "easy to play". Grow up and pick on someone your own size.
    I had to consider how I wanted to respond to this, I am going to be nice. Where did you get the idea that he is playing against level 15s?

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    Because a Chloro/Lock doesn't instagib you maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer14 View Post
    So apparently they've removed the level brackets for WFs.
    You heard it here first.
    “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

- Oscar Wilde

Champion of Telara

I'm having a good time pretty much being the only reason my team wins every game I zone into on my Pyro. It's not hard at all to play the soul in a way that makes you a hard target even without GoS to make you an invincible, unstoppable tank.

It's pretty funny. Most of my games my team would have absolutely 0 chance if I wasn't in the game. I see no reason you couldn't play a Pyro without GoS at 50 and still do well - unless you are bad.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Soulwalker

I agree with the author. Being a pyro offspec myself I saw instant overpowerness after the patch. Wnet from being laughing stock to the next saboteur of Rift. I feel uncomfortable with this much power.

To be fair, and for the sake of balance which is all any mage really wanted pre 1.1, please nerf us a tad. Take us to the middle ground.

Soulwalker

Too bad i don't have a screenshot. I made one but somehow it didin't come out. Well.
    20-30 WF was and i hited second place in DPS metter. 33k DPS, and third place was like 26k-28k. And one guy... in first place. Guess what DPS he scored? 88k !! I just couldnt believe. How this can be? Am not a noob, spended long time maximazed my warrior potentiol. But hat guy is like gathered triple much score than anyone in our group. Just unbelievable. I could understand ~10k dps difference, but cmon. Never saw so big dps in WF our lvl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast