+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: On the bandwagon now

Rift Disciple

Default On the bandwagon now

No more living in denial about it. Rogues suck they absolutely and completely suck. I cant get a mage of same level down to even half of his hps, same with warriors. Havent dueled any clerics yet but i suspect its the same. I choose rogue because I like the ranged dps but when the dps isnt there whats the point? Anyone that says rogue ranged dps is fine is just plain lying or totally ignorant. I have the required 13 points in nb and enough points in rift to get the 15% bonus. With all that bonus a full stack of bombs does less than 500 damage to a mage. the mage has 4750 hps so we are talking about 10 full stacks to kill him. They mage I was dueling isnt some elite super geared person just normal blue/green gear, my gear is a bit better than his.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
    No more living in denial about it. Rogues suck they absolutely and completely suck. I cant get a mage of same level down to even half of his hps, same with warriors. Havent dueled any clerics yet but i suspect its the same. I choose rogue because I like the ranged dps but when the dps isnt there whats the point? Anyone that says rogue ranged dps is fine is just plain lying or totally ignorant. I have the required 13 points in nb and enough points in rift to get the 15% bonus. With all that bonus a full stack of bombs does less than 500 damage to a mage. the mage has 4750 hps so we are talking about 10 full stacks to kill him. They mage I was dueling isnt some elite super geared person just normal blue/green gear, my gear is a bit better than his.
    Welcome to the infinite wisdom to TRION! <fail>

tried to play a wow-style stuntodeathrogue and failed?

try ranger/bard/riftstalker or bard/saboteur/riftstalker or any combiantion with bard as rogue instead?

dunno how it is at lvl50 but on the way to 50 these souls dont suck as long as the player doesnt suck.
    i managed to be second in heal and second in damage from time to time in warfronts lower brackets.
    plus the benefit for the group with all that buffs.

most rogues i met r tryin to copypaste vanish wow-rogues. and suck. no wonder some ***** cryin for cloak of noob to trion...
    nope. was it.

If you don't have at least 3 roles, a DPS meters, and haven't respecced more times than you can count, you haven't explored your class to the fullest.

The biggest rogue complaint is in PvE, definitely not PvP.

You should seriously consider browsing the forums for successful PvP builds as there are plenty.

Telaran

myshkin67: Rogues don't scale well. A rogue at level 40 will do nearly the same damage as at 50. Their damage is terrible in 50's. Finish the toon, try the BG's, and tell us how you fair ;) All rogue DPS souls need a tweak UPWARDS.

Xlayer: the only really powerful rogue soul was nerfed to hell in 1.1.....sabs. Now they really blow. The OP was right it takes soooo long to kill someone as a rogue, and if they have a heal skill....forget about it.....they can probably auto attack the rogue to death because rogues run out of power after about 5 skills, and when it takes 25 to kill someone then the time between skills takes about 2 seconds because the rogue is waiting for power to recharge to execute said skills #7-25.

There's only a few souls (some melee) that has a chance at hurting someone, but nothing like the warrior or mage DPS souls. The imbalances are quite pathetic and I am personally appauled how long it's taking Trion to address them. BTW...PVP and PVE DPS are related to one another because it comes from the same freaking class, and when all other classes can out survive and out dps a specific class that is unfair game play......someone with honor would understand and respect that balance is required.
    Last edited by Kubla; 04-05-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Rift Disciple

Well i have to say try a NB build, seems like they have all the tools to handle anything you could come against. I **** clerics with smother, using slip away is HUGE, if you wanna have any success in killing clerics or warriors slip away is a big must. Warriors socum to my dots and stuns, most people dont use blinding powder, as they feel it doesnt last long enough, but i use it very effectivly as an interupt, even if it breaks on dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon21 View Post
    Well i have to say try a NB build, seems like they have all the tools to handle anything you could come against. I **** clerics with smother, using slip away is HUGE, if you wanna have any success in killing clerics or warriors slip away is a big must. Warriors socum to my dots and stuns, most people dont use blinding powder, as they feel it doesnt last long enough, but i use it very effectivly as an interupt, even if it breaks on dmg.
    ^

/10char

Slip away is in the assasin tree brah

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    Slip away is in the assasin tree brah
    This is know, one of the reasons i said try a NB "BUILD."
    And you can guess what build i roll with
    Last edited by Weapon21; 04-05-2011 at 06:55 PM.

This is know, one of the reasons i said try a NB "BUILD."
    You call it an NB build yet use the 31 pointer from assassin as an example of how it works

W/E

Wella you must not be doin' it right. As a mage, I have been killed by you sneaky little bastards multiple times. You do your little invisible thing and stun me and start wacking, I use my stun break to get away and then you stun me again, I use my 2nd (and last) stunbreak and you stun me a THIRD time and then in the time im stunned you kill me. Not to mention that after my stun breaks I root you and try to boost away, but I guess you have stunbreaks too and you come right back after me.

So obviously, if you know what your doing, you can kill a mage without taking that much damage, if any at all.

And if your not invisible and your just trying to walk up to a mage, yeah your going to get roasted.

So if you cant kill a mage, maybe that mage has some skills. And if you cant kill any mages, I think you are the problem. The story of rogues ****** me occured against an equal level rogue and I was using the OP pyro build. So don't try and blame it all on "waah I couldnt kill him because he's pyro!". Obviously, that rogue had more skill than me, and if you want to kill people you should get some skill too.

PvP is not just about what souls you have. Its about your the way you use them and the gear you have. (but again, invisibility and stuns are probably very helpful, hmm?)

No one ever thinks that maybe they died because of skill. Noooo the other guy is always OP unless you win huh?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    You call it an NB build yet use the 31 pointer from assassin as an example of how it works

W/E
    But i have more points in NB, slip away is a major mechanic in how i use it. But none the less more points in NB means NB build to me

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Wella you must not be doin' it right. As a mage, I have been killed by you sneaky little bastards multiple times. You do your little invisible thing and stun me and start wacking, I use my stun break to get away and then you stun me again, I use my 2nd (and last) stunbreak and you stun me a THIRD time and then in the time im stunned you kill me. Not to mention that after my stun breaks I root you and try to boost away, but I guess you have stunbreaks too and you come right back after me.

So obviously, if you know what your doing, you can kill a mage without taking that much damage, if any at all.

And if your not invisible and your just trying to walk up to a mage, yeah your going to get roasted.

So if you cant kill a mage, maybe that mage has some skills. And if you cant kill any mages, I think you are the problem. The story of rogues ****** me occured against an equal level rogue and I was using the OP pyro build. So don't try and blame it all on "waah I couldnt kill him because he's pyro!". Obviously, that rogue had more skill than me, and if you want to kill people you should get some skill too.

PvP is not just about what souls you have. Its about your the way you use them and the gear you have. (but again, invisibility and stuns are probably very helpful, hmm?)

No one ever thinks that maybe they died because of skill. Noooo the other guy is always OP unless you win huh?
    "DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A FLAME, ITS AN HONEST QUESTION"
    How the hell did he stun you three times, i need to find out and put it in my build lol
    To my knowledge we only have two stuns, Foul Play, Paralizing Strike, ....hmm maybe he used like blinding powder or something...meh i dont know

I'm confused. You're 50 running with a NB build that doesn't have Blackout or Quick Recovery? I find that very very very peculiar.

Soulwalker

You know some builds are better vs things then others. I don't know what about sab makes you think they are a good for 1v1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast