+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion, you have 3 months to show some interest in balance...

Red face Trion, you have 3 months to show some interest in balance...

or I will consider quitting, realize you are much closer than you were three weeks from launch take a deep breath and keep subscribing.

Guys - it's a new game. The class system is incredibly difficult to balance, deep breaths everyone.

I was QQing hard here just a week ago, but I've come across a new perspective since 1.1 patch. I'd like to share that with you.

It's just a game. None of you are gonna be so uber uber 1337 that you will get paid to play this game. If you do, you will have to sacrfice a ton of your own life and it'll become a job. Who wants to turn gaming into a job?

You think I like getting two shotted by pyros? No and I'm a mage! Do you think it doesn't grind me when I get invite to a group and people say, "Go pyro." and then look at me dumbfounded when I say I'm a necro.

Remember - it's like Obama said, "Thou shalt be patient as I correct all the wrongs of everyone whom hast offended those who voted for me."

Even HE requires time to work. Give Trion a chance!

Soulwalker

agreed, its not the end of the world. im still enjoying the game quite a bit. the game has barely been out a month and its been a better experience than alot of launches. then again im not doing endgame or 50 pvp yet just mostly taking my time leveling and exploring the world.

Yep agreed. I tell the complainers to read the quote in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrall Mors View Post
    or I will consider quitting, realize you are much closer than you were three weeks from launch take a deep breath and keep subscribing.

Guys - it's a new game. The class system is incredibly difficult to balance, deep breaths everyone.

I was QQing hard here just a week ago, but I've come across a new perspective since 1.1 patch. I'd like to share that with you.

It's just a game. None of you are gonna be so uber uber 1337 that you will get paid to play this game. If you do, you will have to sacrfice a ton of your own life and it'll become a job. Who wants to turn gaming into a job?

You think I like getting two shotted by pyros? No and I'm a mage! Do you think it doesn't grind me when I get invite to a group and people say, "Go pyro." and then look at me dumbfounded when I say I'm a necro.

Remember - it's like Obama said, "Thou shalt be patient as I correct all the wrongs of everyone whom hast offended those who voted for me."

Even HE requires time to work. Give Trion a chance!

1 star for quoting Obama.

Champion of Telara

They have already started balancing. They took the first step toward reducing Warrior dps. They need to do more to bring Warrior dps in line, but at least they have started the reduction process.

Hopefully, they will reduce Warrior dps a bit more, and buff melee Rogues a bit. That will do a lot to continue the balancing process.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

I apporve of this thread.

It is simply impossible to launch a game and balance everything in a few short weeks. "Online experience subject to change" people. So many people think the devs can just jump right onto their magic monitor and edit this and edit that and VOLA! it's all better, no, it's not that easy, I wish it was though.

The devs have to take SO MANY THINGS into consideration when buffing or nerfing classes, will it go well with this buff? what about this piece of armor, could that be exploited? etc etc.

I have been playing mmos since EQ1 and have seen it all, if Trion cares, which they have shown they do, then they will patch,nerf, and fix whatever needs it AFTER they have collected enough data to make an INFORMED decision BASED on that data and the feed back from players.
    Last edited by Psyborg; 04-05-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Telaran

I wish people would stop calling for nerfs because they aren't as good as so and so.

Plane Touched

That's good an all, but I'll spend my money on things that are fun.

p.s. I did not quit because of patch 1.1.

Soulwalker

I'm new to Rift so I maybe wrong here, but does this really only affect PvP?. I can understand peoples frustration if there are classes that are so OP as to make PvP with that class pointless. Personally I've only PvE so this hasnt been a big issue for me personally, I also enjoy the game for the challenge and sense of achievment when I've completed a tough situation. I dont see nor understand why people would knowingly choose a build that isnt balanced, where is the sense of achievement when you know its not your abilities or skill in the game thats winning you the fights? Whats the point?

+ Reply to Thread