+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: For the record Pyro was the second most powerfull spec pre 1.1.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default For the record Pyro was the second most powerfull spec pre 1.1.

    Behind champs pyromancers where easily the second best spec in the game in pvp. The reason the spec is so popular now is that pre 1.1 pyromancers actually had to use their tools in order to survive but with the new changes all pyros have to do is follow their dps rotation while sitting inside their ground in order be more effective then any other soul in the game. As ridiculous as warriors where I really miss actually having to use more then 5 keybinds to kill people.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    184

    Thumbs down

    And now pyros are even more beastly than pre 1.1 champs ... good job Trion!! You nerf one class because it is too powerful and then make another class even more powerful. Rocket scientists at work.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Sorovos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Define powerful in what area, taking out 1 target, i'd say Pyromancer was probably actually more powerful prepatch then they are now thanks to stun.

    Taking out groups, a Pyromancer is still no where close to a Warcaller.

    Taking out bards, 44 Necro has Pyro beat any day of the week.

    Pyromancer basically does one thing great, and that's **** warriors.. who are pretty much the biggest whiners post patch.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

  4. #4
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaylure View Post
    Behind champs pyromancers where easily the second best spec in the game in pvp. The reason the spec is so popular now is that pre 1.1 pyromancers actually had to use their tools in order to survive but with the new changes all pyros have to do is follow their dps rotation while sitting inside their ground in order be more effective then any other soul in the game. As ridiculous as warriors where I really miss actually having to use more then 5 keybinds to kill people.
    I'm glad your official study proves pyros were the 2nd best spec in the game behind champs. Will you be publishing the results of your careful experiment in any professional journals?

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Cabreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    I'm glad your official study proves pyros were the 2nd best spec in the game behind champs. Will you be publishing the results of your careful experiment in any professional journals?
    I always thought it went Champ then Sab then paragon then assassin then shaman then riftblade then druid and maybe pyromancer.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Xvvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    I always thought it went Champ then Sab then paragon then assassin then shaman then riftblade then druid and maybe pyromancer.
    Technically they were the strongest class with the top gear available pre 1.1. After 1.1 even more so. The problem was that not many had gear to show the pyro potential.

    Now we are seeing more and more pyros that can global people. Just today I got globaled, without the powerup, while having 12% reduction from valor. It is just getting out of control.

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Cabreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    Technically they were the strongest class with the top gear available pre 1.1. After 1.1 even more so. The problem was that not many had gear to show the pyro potential.

    Now we are seeing more and more pyros that can global people. Just today I got globaled, without the powerup, while having 12% reduction from valor. It is just getting out of control.
    It is just that instant cast 100 charge ability that is eating you alive and they are probably standing on a GoP instead of GoS so their dps is enhanced. kind of sucks though on my chloro I was blasted by this but luckily I survied because I have 8k hp when shadow life is up and 5600 hp when it isnt.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    I always thought it went Champ then Sab then paragon then assassin then shaman then riftblade then druid and maybe pyromancer.
    Assasin, Shaman and Druid? lolwtf? You playin a diff game brah?

    But no seriously, the game feels almost balanced, I know a lot of people are upset about 1.1 but it's a hell of a lot more balanced than before. I'm guessing most of the whining is coming from Warriors who were god mode and now are on an even playing field getting roflstomped by Pyro's. Champs still hit fcking hard and their the only counter to healers. Rogues need a tad boost (especially MM/Ranger) and Mages besides Pyro seem to be in line.

    To those defending Pyro... It's laughable, I'm seeing the same shi t I was with Champ/Sab defenders, maybe even a bit worse. Mages kicked and screamed to get balanced and to nerf everyone else, then when one of their souls is clearly outperforming we hear, "Just LoS" or "Focus the entire group on it". These are the same rediculous arguments that we heard pre-1.1. Time to grow up and take the nerf bat like a man.

  9. #9
    Telaran xbrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    B.C, Canada
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Get a couple of melee in on a pyro and he's toast. The difference with pyros now compared to sabs/champs is that for this so called pyro godmode they have to be sitting in their ground whereas the other classes could freely run around doing that crazy damage.

    I play a pyro too and if the dps is really that bad then they need to tone it down. It just seems that the majority of the time people are posting pics/videos calling for a nerf, it's showing pyros with a damage buff and heals.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Xvvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    It is just that instant cast 100 charge ability that is eating you alive and they are probably standing on a GoP instead of GoS so their dps is enhanced. kind of sucks though on my chloro I was blasted by this but luckily I survied because I have 8k hp when shadow life is up and 5600 hp when it isnt.
    He was in GoS. It was actually kind of funny. I hit my sprint, then charge. Half way through the charge he got a GoS proc with his fulminate that stunned me and did 3750 damage, followed by a 1000 flamebolt, and 1200 finisher. I can't remember the off global finisher name. I was kind of surprised since he didn't have the powerup at the time. Pretty sure he is full raid geared though.
    Last edited by Xvvt; 04-05-2011 at 01:03 PM.

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xbrawn View Post
    Get a couple of melee in on a pyro and he's toast.



    Sounds reasonable. All you need is a small group of people to stand on top of a mage and beat him to death. Pretty sure mages are supposed to take multiple melee chars to take them out, cause they dont wear cloth armor and they get to carry around shields.

    Personally I think balance = 5v1 being a fair fight.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander Nullus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Sounds reasonable. All you need is a small group of people to stand on top of a mage and beat him to death. Pretty sure mages are supposed to take multiple melee chars to take them out, cause they dont wear cloth armor and they get to carry around shields.

    Personally I think balance = 5v1 being a fair fight.
    amen to that. i like how people assume theres always a pyro sitting by himself over in the corner killing things.. and that they are so easy to kill and everyone else needs to learn how to play cause the pyro sucks.

    the fact is again and again. i havent been in a BG since 1.1 that hasnt had atleast 3 pyros in it. ffs.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Sounds reasonable. All you need is a small group of people to stand on top of a mage and beat him to death. Pretty sure mages are supposed to take multiple melee chars to take them out, cause they dont wear cloth armor and they get to carry around shields.

    Personally I think balance = 5v1 being a fair fight.
    lol

    10char

  14. #14
    Telaran xbrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    B.C, Canada
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Sounds reasonable. All you need is a small group of people to stand on top of a mage and beat him to death. Pretty sure mages are supposed to take multiple melee chars to take them out, cause they dont wear cloth armor and they get to carry around shields.

    Personally I think balance = 5v1 being a fair fight.
    Who came up with the idea that it takes 5 to take out a pyro? There's no reason why 2 melee can't take out a pyro in GOS on their own especially if that pyro is already busy attacking something else. Maybe part of the issue is the fact that in warfronts there really is no coordination unless you're in a premade with guildmates.

    I do play a pyro and I'm not going to say they're perfect the way they are. Yes they probably do more damage than they should but a change to them needs to be balanced and not a knee jerk reaction. Even giving GOS a duration based on the number of skills you can use in one, or the total amount of damage you can do in one (so once you did something like 5k in total it would dispell itself). Modifying the skill branches so that you can either have CC immunity or -incoming damage.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    I always thought it went Champ then Sab then paragon then assassin then shaman then riftblade then druid and maybe pyromancer.
    then shaman....then druid LAWL you lost me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts