+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remove Red Power Orbs From WFs

Default Remove Red Power Orbs From WFs

And half the whines go away.

Nuff said.

(and wtf is the purpose of them anyways? If I wanted to play Quake, I'd play Quake ... duh)

The red orbs have some pretty hilarious effects on a Shaman/Druid. Faith in Action converts SP to AP. Red orb increases SP by 50%, and AP by 50%. The result is that it doubles a shaman/druid's AP. Pop Rage of the North, and you're a wreckingball on par with armor pre-fix Champagons for a few seconds.

The real trick is not getting riddled with every arrow, fireball, murderbeam, and [insert CC of choice] during those 7 seconds where your character is roughly the size and radiance of a raid boss. It does draw some attention.

So worth it, though.
    Last edited by Gamma Ray; 04-05-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    The red orbs have some pretty hilarious effects on a Shaman/Druid. Faith in Action converts SP to AP. Red orb increases SP by 50%, and AP by 50%. The result is that it doubles a shaman/druid's AP. Pop Rage of the North, and you're a wreckingball on par with armor pre-fix Champagons for a few seconds.

The real trick is not getting riddled with every arrow, fireball, murderbeam, and [insert CC of choice] during those 7 seconds where your character is roughly the size and radiance of a raid boss. It does draw some attention.

So worth it, though.
    I got steamrolled by one of those .... thought it WAS a raid boss at the time lol.

Those power ups are worthless for physical classes since AP has such a small impact. At least the casters get to have some fun I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

No way. I think they should put about 5,000 more orbs in. And have them stack. The toon enlargement should also stack. I want to run around like gigantor casting 5 billion point fireballs the size of the moon.
    Last edited by Tugrath; 04-05-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    No way. I think they should put about 5,000 more orbs in. And have them stack. The toon enlargement should also stack. I want to run around like gigantor casting 5 billion point fireballs the size of the moon.
    ^^^ hehe thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Someone would make a video of it, post it in a "Nerf Pyros" thread and get the soul nerfed into oblivion.

Oh wait ... that's already happened (nerf incoming!).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 04-05-2011 at 11:55 AM.

I got globaled by a pyro today without the powerup while sporting 12% from valor. I'm scared to know what it would have done with the powerup.

Shadowlander

/signed , the red power orb does nothing but take away from the game and give ammunition to trolls, fixing being able to equip multiple weapons at once was a good fix today, remove red orb and watch the ammount of qq on the forums go down by 50%.

I'm in agreement 100% on this.

I play a Mage, and I have Warcaller and Pyromancer builds that are absolutely INSANE with this buff, without the buffs I at need to assist on a Target to kill it with Pyromancer, with it, the target is going down.

God help your group if I grab it on the warcaller, I can basically instantly kill your entire support in about 2 seconds in black garden,Your team will be dead in about 3 seconds if you're all standing in the middle.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Rift Disciple

Yeah remove them. Atleast until Trion Devs get a better handle on the classes/souls. The soulsystem is a great system, but I think Trion needs to look much deeper into the souls and how they work. Some scale horribly while others don't. It's extremely complex, no doubt, but it's really important to get the balance right and as such should get more focus.

Rift Disciple

unless they nerf GoS removing red orbs is pretty pointless

Telaran

Red balls are pretty fun. I think they should stay.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Does it have a different effect for different classes then? I'm pretty sure it says "Increases Spell power and attack power by 100%" on my mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballegrep View Post
    Does it have a different effect for different classes then? I'm pretty sure it says "Increases Spell power and attack power by 100%" on my mage.
    Shaman convert Spell Power to attack power (so they're getting double the effect since they're a melee class).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast