+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's face it, some people playing this game will never stop QQing

Telaran

Default Let's face it, some people playing this game will never stop QQing

Regardless of what class is nerfed, what souls are nerfed, or what abilities are nerfed, this game is filled with idiots who expect a "rock, paper, scissors" style of pvp, and thus will come to the forums and rage anytime they are killed.

We are seeing this now with mages. Endless rogue and warrior tears from people who are incapable of learning simple strategy or effectively playing with what they have.

Most mages have 3-4k HP, if you can't bring down a mage before he builds up 100 charge and lets loose with a fulminate, it's because you're bad.

If you are playing a rogue, warrior, or cleric with 3-4k HP (you should have well over 6k) at level 50, it's because you're bad.

If you're playing a warrior, rogue, or cleric and think that TRION owes you an easy victory vs a mage (or any other class) simply due to some moronic 'rock, paper, scissors' mentally, it's because you're bad, and desperate for TRION to implement mechanics that grant you an easy win.

A well-played mage should be able to beat a poorly-played rogue (and there are many of them), yet if you read these forums, it's obvious that many people who are utterly terrible think they deserve automatic victories vs certain classes, by default. Playing well should be the primary aspect which leads to victory, not "well I'm a rogue and he's a mage, therefore I should win!".

Let the QQ commence.
    Last edited by Again; 04-05-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    There are no bad/broken classes, just bad/broken players.

You would have a point if it wasn't for the fact most poorly played pyromancers actually beat any well played warrior or rogue.

To me you sound like FoTM lover who doesn't want anyone nerfing his favo class now and instead blames the entire Rogue/warrior/cleric population of being bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Izithel View Post
    You would have a point if it wasn't for the fact most poorly played pyromancers actually beat any well played warrior or rogue.
    This is incorrect.

A poorly played mage in GoS will be decimated by a warrior or rogue.

I have both a level 50 mage and a 50 cleric. As a 50 mage I can be decimated 1vs1 by people IF they know what they are doing, and because I understand the mechanics of GoS and the pyro, I can likewise decimate GoS pyros with my cleric, as a cabalist.

People have to figure out strategy and how to effectively use the abilities they have. It's a video game, not rocket science.

To me you sound like FoTM lover who doesn't want anyone nerfing his favo class now and instead blames the entire Rogue/warrior/cleric population of being bad...
    My favorite class now? Mage was my favorite class even before headstart began.

And if you read that thread, I state that many mages are bad, and they are.
    Last edited by Again; 04-05-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    There are no bad/broken classes, just bad/broken players.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Again View Post
    This is incorrect.

A poorly played mage in GoS will be decimated by a warrior or rogue.

I have both a level 50 mage and a 50 cleric. As a 50 mage I can be decimated 1vs1 by people IF they know what they are doing, and because I understand the mechanics of GoS and the pyro, I can likewise decimate GoS pyros with my cleric, as a cabalist.
    I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on all of this. Thanks to the insane mitigation, a 50 pyro in GoS will be able to spam fireballs and kill a single target before that target can kill them. If that Pyro feels like CCing or gets a stun to proc, it's even quicker. What class can stand toe-to-toe with a Pyro and burn them down before they get burnt down? Outside of 1-2 very specific anti-Pyro builds, none can.

And you're not killing a GoS pyro as a Cabalist either. Outside of Obliterate, Cabalist do terrible damage if the enemy isn't in a group. You're only hope would be to dispel GoS, silence the pyro (you only get 5 seconds), and then pray they don't kill you before Obliterate comes back up. Even then, odds are it's not enough damage to kill them, and it only takes 1 fulminate for that pyro to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbearr View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on all of this. Thanks to the insane mitigation, a 50 pyro in GoS will be able to spam fireballs and kill a single target before that target can kill them. If that Pyro feels like CCing or gets a stun to proc, it's even quicker. What class can stand toe-to-toe with a Pyro and burn them down before they get burnt down? Outside of 1-2 very specific anti-Pyro builds, none can.

And you're not killing a GoS pyro as a Cabalist either. Outside of Obliterate, Cabalist do terrible damage if the enemy isn't in a group. You're only hope would be to dispel GoS, silence the pyro (you only get 5 seconds), and then pray they don't kill you before Obliterate comes back up. Even then, odds are it's not enough damage to kill them, and it only takes 1 fulminate for that pyro to kill you.
    Call BS all you want it's still true. There are lots of ways to go immune to pyro damage. Good melee has no problem killing me if I have no healer.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkra View Post
    Call BS all you want it's still true. There are lots of ways to go immune to pyro damage. Good melee has no problem killing me if I have no healer.
    So you're saying someone has to pop a cooldown to be able to kill a pyro, and still completely outskill said pyro? Even then hope to god there's no healer to boot!

Sounds fine to me.

I don't partake in the nerf pyro tree right here, I think if rogues get buffed they will have an effective counter class but this is just laughable.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 04-05-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Champion of Telara

The game does not have to use Rock/Paper/Scissors, but it does have to be balanced.

Right now, melee Rogues are a bit underpowered and Warriors are a bit overpowered. For there to be balance, melee Rogues need to be buffed a bit and Warriors need to be nerfed a bit (Strike Like Lion being an obvious place to start).

In regard to Pyro, GoS has counters. When Rogues get the buffs they need, Pyro will probably be less of an issue. That said, if after the Rogue buffs, the average player is not able to learn to use the counters, perhaps the Devs will need to tone down GoS. You have to balance based on what average players can accomplish.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-05-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    The game does not have to use Rock/Paper/Scissors, but it does have to be balanced.

Right now, melee Rogues are a bit underpowered and Warriors are a bit overpowered. For there to be balance, melee Rogues need to be buffed a bit and Warriors need to be nerfed a bit (Strike Like Lion being an obvious place to start)..
    The nerf cycle will have a chance of killing this game and I'd prefer they put buffs in before they decided it was absolutely necessary to nerf something else.

It's slower that way but far more stable.

Default Cool Story Brah

Love the QQ posts about QQ.

Champion

I dunno man, most people expect everyone to have an equal chance to kill each class.

This guy hit the nail on the head. Op is a Pyro.

The only people not calling for Pyro nerfs, are Pyros. GG bads.

WoW crybabies have been taught that if you just cry and stomp your feet and blame balance because you died, you are still a good player....

& ROFLMAO

First it was saboteurs...then it was champs... then clerics.. now you're whining about pyros?

OH LOOK WEVE TOUCHED ALL 4 CALLINGS IN THE GAME!, maybe its time to l2p?
    Last edited by Ratham; 04-05-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Again View Post
    Regardless of what class is nerfed, what souls are nerfed, or what abilities are nerfed, this game is filled with idiots who expect a "rock, paper, scissors" style of pvp, and thus will come to the forums and rage anytime they are killed.

We are seeing this now with mages. Endless rogue and warrior tears from people who are incapable of learning simple strategy or effectively playing with what they have.

Most mages have 3-4k HP, if you can't bring down a mage before he builds up 100 charge and lets loose with a fulminate, it's because you're bad.

If you are playing a rogue, warrior, or cleric with 3-4k HP (you should have well over 6k) at level 50, it's because you're bad.

If you're playing a warrior, rogue, or cleric and think that TRION owes you an easy victory vs a mage (or any other class) simply due to some moronic 'rock, paper, scissors' mentally, it's because you're bad, and desperate for TRION to implement mechanics that grant you an easy win.

A well-played mage should be able to beat a poorly-played rogue (and there are many of them), yet if you read these forums, it's obvious that many people who are utterly terrible think they deserve automatic victories vs certain classes, by default. Playing well should be the primary aspect which leads to victory, not "well I'm a rogue and he's a mage, therefore I should win!".

Let the QQ commence.
    If we are bad, why is it when we switch classes, we start rolling people? When you play multiple classes and discover some are less powerful, some were given far inferior CC ability and then tossed into a fight vs another class that has both, this becomes evident.

Stating that people are "bad" for their gear makes no sense either as if you can kill someone who is geared while yourself wearing no gear with 2.5k health I'd say you are pretty "good".

The only thing I can agree with is that skill should triumph over class. This is actually the reason people are posting in the first place. Right now every person in the world can hop on a pyro and certain other callings from other classes and if they have half a brain they can blow certain classes away every time, despite being different players. I know better than anyone as I have a geared 50 Mage. This doesnt mean I am partial to this class. I want all classes to be balanced so that its not a farmfest and that games are actually challenging as well as every game being unique and interesting.

Also, I have grouped with 50-100 people for t2 expert dungeons and hardly ever see anyone over 5k except the tank and usually everyone in group is at least t1 purples, myself having full t1/t2 complete set with crafted epic rings. Unless you are just stacking endurance, which if that is your forte so be it?

If you honestly thought skill was greater than class then why should you complain if people want their class tuned up a bit, your skill should triumph over their class. If you disagree with this, then you will have the same disagreement people have made over these other classes getting a tune-up.

Lastly, I hate to say it but you make it sound like building up a fulminate is a 5 minute process that never happens. Granted the Pyro can have it's downside, but building this is pretty easy and the fact that it is instant and can blow away comparative spells from other classes is a testament.

You are effectively saying that the guy with a spoon for a weapon should "learn to play" and take down the guy with a gun, and that it is just as easy for both to take the other out, and completely balanced. By that logic, if skill really is the dictating factor in this game, then how about hitting for the same damage everyone else hits for??

Im not a WOW players(and I last tried it 5 years ago) - I thinkk the OP is trash.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

The only thing I can say about this subject is I really hope Trion does NOT listen to all the crybabies about balance, if you want a game that has been destroyed by balance go play world of warcrap, they had a good game, great class mechanics etc, but now because of all the wanna be tough guy pvp crybabies all classes are about the same, the specs are all cookie cutter and everyone can take everyone easily.
    So either figure out how to pvp with your class or quit doing it if you cant handle being killed and freak out like a 3yr old who just broke a toy.
    Classes are different for a reason and they should be, figure out how to play your chosen class or go cry yourself to sleep in a corner, do not make this game a mess like warcrap.
    you want balance, you want easy, you want to always win then play tic tac toe, leave the game alone.
    Last edited by Lykamein; 04-05-2011 at 01:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast