Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Pyros

Default Nerf Pyros

Nerf Pyros.

This message has been brought to you by the We've Been Nerfed Into Oblivion And So Will You Council of Sad Panda Players.

-signed

Every Sab, RB, Reaver and Pally in Rift (and several very old Windfury Shaman who are lurking).

Shadowlander

You could always, you know, find a friend that is a mage and try to figure out how to counter them. Rather than complaining. I'm just saying.. Usally you look better killing them than complaining about them. Why don't you actually go into their soul, read their abilitys and talents, and figure out how to counter. That simple. Just because one class can kill you and others can't its overpowered? Have you even considered if Pyros have any cons rather than pros?
    Last edited by Lord Loroes; 04-05-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Telaran

We know the OP is terrible because they haven't figured out how to kill a level 50 pyro with only 3-4k hp.

Which means the OP has:

1. A poor soul combination
    2. Put talent points in the wrong areas.
    3. Doesn't know how or when to use the abilities he has.
    4. Is terribly geared.
    5. Is just a bad player
    6. All of the above.

I have a 50 mage and a 50 cleric, and GoS pyros are easy as cake to bring down, regardless of what I play, because I understand the mechanics and how to get around it.

The real issue here is that many people playing this game (the OP for example) are either too stupid or too lazy to figure out a little strategy.
    Last edited by Again; 04-05-2011 at 07:38 AM.
    There are no bad/broken classes, just bad/broken players.

Kruunch, you laughing as hard as I am right now?
    I fight for the Users

It's just not the same without the incoherent-yet-intelligent roaring.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    It's just not the same without the incoherent-yet-intelligent roaring.

DA KRUUNCHARZ NOZE WUT YOOZ MEENZ!

*eats a Pyro*

Quote Originally Posted by Brickz View Post
    Kruunch, you laughing as hard as I am right now?
    Even moreso when they get nerfed because of all the whining.

Translation for the sarcastically impaired: I'm not actually asking for Pyro nerfs, nor do I want them nerfed (I actually like a challenge in PvP) ... just making fun of the fact that they WILL get nerfed, simply due to the sheer amount of nerf calls.

As a Cleric, my current strat is to try to find a way to aggressively heal them in PvP. Maybe if I can overheal them enough I can give them cancer or something. Worth a shot!
    Last edited by Dao Jones; 04-05-2011 at 08:01 AM.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    As a Cleric, I can't kill a Pyro 1v1. Right now I'm trying to find a way to aggressively heal them in PvP. Maybe if I can overheal them enough I can give them cancer or something. Worth a shot!
    Wow...just wow.

Edit: Here's a tip. If you are talking about a GoS pyro here's what you do. Run in and dot him up, then run out of range and heal whatever damage you have. He has low HP and likely no ability to heal himself if he is a 44+ pyro for GoS or 51 for Fulminate. Rinse and repeat as needed. Eventually he will run out of GoS and you can be on better terms. You could also try dispelling his buffs. Don't outburst him, just outlast him.
    Last edited by ltank; 04-05-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Punisher
    [The Cabal]

We seriously should abandon this effort and quickly motion to enact a preemptive strike on clerics. Mock me as a doomsayer as you will! But the Clerics approach.... mark my words...
    I fight for the Users

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Even moreso when they get nerfed because of all the whining.

Translation for the sarcastically impaired: I'm not actually asking for Pyro nerfs, nor do I want them nerfed (I actually like a challenge in PvP) ... just making fun of the fact that they WILL get nerfed, simply due to the sheer amount of nerf calls.
    And mages will respec to something else to make the warriors cry.

It really has been a Golden Age for mages listening to the wails of the QQ'ers.

Especially since so few of them will spec vs mages..they rather QQ than adapt. I laugh when someone gets hit for 2K fireball, because the good ones get hit for 850....but I know the 2K guy will salve his wounds with tears and rage on the forums...ROFL.
    Last edited by Vihar; 04-05-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Quote Originally Posted by Again View Post
    We know the OP is terrible because they haven't figured out how to kill a level 50 pyro with only 3-4k hp.

Which means the OP has:

1. A poor soul combination
    2. Put talent points in the wrong areas.
    3. Doesn't know how or when to use the abilities he has.
    4. Is terribly geared.
    5. Is just a bad player
    6. All of the above.

I have a 50 mage and a 50 cleric, and GoS pyros are easy as cake to bring down, regardless of what I play, because I understand the mechanics and how to get around it.

The real issue here is that many people playing this game (the OP for example) are either too stupid or too lazy to figure out a little strategy.
    While I don't believe #4 is proper to list as everyone has to get through the 'bad gear' phase before they get the good gear.... I agree 100% with the rest of this post. I've stated this before and so have many many other players.

Pyro's crappy health pool makes them yummy targets for my rogue and my Cleric. Ive killed Pyro's with my healing spec which is laughable. It takes some really lazy people to not be able to find a way to kill the squishiest soul in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    While I don't believe #4 is proper to list as everyone has to get through the 'bad gear' phase before they get the good gear.... I agree 100% with the rest of this post. I've stated this before and so have many many other players.

Pyro's crappy health pool makes them yummy targets for my rogue and my Cleric. Ive killed Pyro's with my healing spec which is laughable. It takes some really lazy people to not be able to find a way to kill the squishiest soul in the game.

So sad the state of public education today.

Quote Originally Posted by ltank View Post
    Wow...just wow.

Edit: Here's a tip. If you are talking about a GoS pyro here's what you do. Run in and dot him up, then run out of range and heal whatever damage you have. He has low HP and likely no ability to heal himself if he is a 44+ pyro for GoS or 51 for Fulminate. Rinse and repeat as needed. Eventually he will run out of GoS and you can be on better terms. You could also try dispelling his buffs. Don't outburst him, just outlast him.
    That sound you hear is my joke whizzing over your head.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

As Nietzsche one said:

Sarcasm is dead. Sarcasm remains dead. And we have killed it. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become sarcastic simply to appear worthy of it?

(Some artistic license was taken in the translation of this quote.)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast