+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: People crying pyro nerf I lol at u

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default People crying pyro nerf I lol at u

    Please answer me these questions:

    1.why have people only starting crying pyro nerf after 1.1 when infact there GoS was nerfed? There apparent dps increase is un-noticeable between pre and post patch.

    2. I run a chloro/lock build and I have never lost to a pyro, infact I rarely lose to anyone! I even dominate some 2v1's yet noone cries nerf for this spec??

    3. Why my two friends: one a heavy justicar build and one a bard/nb/assass also dominate pyros with little to no problems. Yet some of you can't even kill a pyro??

    Surely then. It is you as players that have not perfected the technique nor the playstyle to counter??

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Banthaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiandp88 View Post
    Please answer me these questions:

    1.why have people only starting crying pyro nerf after 1.1 when infact there GoS was nerfed? There apparent dps increase is un-noticeable between pre and post patch.

    2. I run a chloro/lock build and I have never lost to a pyro, infact I rarely lose to anyone! I even dominate some 2v1's yet noone cries nerf for this spec??

    3. Why my two friends: one a heavy justicar build and one a bard/nb/assass also dominate pyros with little to no problems. Yet some of you can't even kill a pyro??

    Surely then. It is you as players that have not perfected the technique nor the playstyle to counter??
    1. Because pre-1.1 sabs and champs/paras could handle them to a certain degree.

    2. Stop playing vs. scrubs. A heavy CC spec would skull**** you (deep nightblade/sin for instance). No one cries about that because that CAN actually be taken down rather easily.

    3. They don't dominate pyros with little to no problems. They either have close wins that they then exaggerate to make themselves feel good, or they are playing vs. terrible pyros.

  3. #3
    Sov
    Sov is offline
    Telaran Sov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiandp88 View Post
    Please answer me these questions:


    2. I run a chloro/lock build and I have never lost to a pyro, infact I rarely lose to anyone! I even dominate some 2v1's yet noone cries nerf for this spec??

    Please don't start spouting this around on the forums. People might catch on and something will be done about it . I play Necrolock and I love it. Don't ruin it for me lol

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Ok what a load of crap. Firstly as I'm sure you know, I don't hand pick my opponents in WF's and I now have close to 100,000 favor, so I'm sure your able to do the math and understand the amount of pvp'ing that takes. I re-iterate the fact that I have never lost to a pyro. Regarding my friends, we run together In WF's and usually hunt pyros out and 1v1 them whilst the other two /dance. I have proly done more pvp than you've wiped your spotty red bottom. I rarely, very rarely loose a 1v1 and am only really pushed against necro/lock or an identical spec to myself. Fact. If you can't beat them then that's your problem. You can't keep bending developers to your way of think because either your crap at this game or because you won't adapt, re-spec or learn kill certain types of class. I am actually watching when my friends take them apart so I no I am not lying. Also i have probly fought a pyro of almost every level of experience.

  5. #5
    Ascendant paspinall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    because I was never hit for over 8K damage with a single shot 7 times in 2 warfronts by pyros before the patch ?

    Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse


  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiandp88 View Post
    Please answer me these questions:

    1.why have people only starting crying pyro nerf after 1.1 when infact there GoS was nerfed? There apparent dps increase is un-noticeable between pre and post patch.

    2. I run a chloro/lock build and I have never lost to a pyro, infact I rarely lose to anyone! I even dominate some 2v1's yet noone cries nerf for this spec??

    3. Why my two friends: one a heavy justicar build and one a bard/nb/assass also dominate pyros with little to no problems. Yet some of you can't even kill a pyro??

    Surely then. It is you as players that have not perfected the technique nor the playstyle to counter??
    1. Because Mages are known to QQ the MOST. Let's get this straight Pyros were already a force to be reckoned with before the patch hit but pre 1.1 souls like Champ/Sabs had a chance against Pyros. Post 1.1 they can no longer hold their own against Pyros.

    2. Never lost to a pyro? I seriously doubt that.

    3. Different souls have different abilities, one might have something that works well against a Pyro another might not. Is that simple enough for you to grasp?

  7. #7
    Telaran Argee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I think people are complaining not because of the relative strength of different builds in a 1v1 situation.

    Possibly, people are complaining about Pyros because they, with proper support, destroy people even more than Warriors did pre-1.1.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Kruunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiandp88 View Post
    Please answer me these questions:

    1.why have people only starting crying pyro nerf after 1.1 when infact there GoS was nerfed? There apparent dps increase is un-noticeable between pre and post patch.

    2. I run a chloro/lock build and I have never lost to a pyro, infact I rarely lose to anyone! I even dominate some 2v1's yet noone cries nerf for this spec??

    3. Why my two friends: one a heavy justicar build and one a bard/nb/assass also dominate pyros with little to no problems. Yet some of you can't even kill a pyro??

    Surely then. It is you as players that have not perfected the technique nor the playstyle to counter??
    The NERF is coming like the inevitable hand of fate.

    It came for the VK ... it came for the MM ... it came for the Sab ... and now it comes for YOU!

    Do you smell that? It's DOOM!

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Argee View Post
    I think people are complaining not because of the relative strength of different builds in a 1v1 situation.

    Possibly, people are complaining about Pyros because they, with proper support, destroy people even more than Warriors did pre-1.1.
    They don't even need proper support to destroy... Champs needed support because you would know if a guy is trying to kill you with his large 2 hander and be quickly focused to death. Pyros can snipe you from the safety of range and you'd be dead before you know who did it. Even if you tried to focus Pyros down they have amazing survivability from spell shields perhaps even more mitigation than Champs.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I'll give you my opinion, in the form of a little WF story.

    It was in codex, and as usual we had left vault completely unguarded like a bunch of idiots. It gets tapped. So I figure it's probably one guy and I'm close, so I ride over.

    Turned out to be a dps cleric, afraid I don't know the spec. I was on my lock/chloro. So I go on the offense,

    me: stun-fear-dot-dot-dot-dot-dot-silence-voidboltvoidboltvoidbolt
    him:breakcc-heal-attack-stun-attack-heal-cc
    me:breakcc-heal-fear-heal
    him:stun-heal-attack-attack
    me:stun-voidboltALMOSTGOTHIM......VOIDBOLT YES HE DROPPED!

    all told, about 15 second of intense back and forth pvp that was very fun and a close call.

    me:heal to full
    me:turn 180 just in time to see a warrior halfways through the air charging at me
    me:stunned for 2s
    him: attackffgcdattack-offgcdattack-offgcdattack-offgcdattack-offgcdattack-titansstrike
    me: dead, from >6k health to nothing, with my buttons grayed out the whole time, about 2s long fight


    The point is not that I won the first one and lost the second. The point is that the first fight was incredibly fun, win or loss, and the second was no fun whatsoever. This is pre-1.1, but the moral stands for why people are annoyed at pyros now.

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    rofl at 100,000 favor, that takes about 1 day at lvl 50 to reach? man your TONS of pvp experience is mind-altering!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Dont bother trying to reply either. Your a life gamer. 864 posts=sad individual. Go get a girlfriend.

  13. #13
    Rift Master Dankshasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    665

    Default

    The OP is right in regards to Lock/Chloro. Post 1.1 I don't know what to do with this class. In open world PvP it can be borderline God Mode, seriously. So yeah some people have noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

    DARKFALL PvP!!

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiandp88 View Post
    Ok what a load of crap. Firstly as I'm sure you know, I don't hand pick my opponents in WF's and I now have close to 100,000 favor, so I'm sure your able to do the math and understand the amount of pvp'ing that takes. I re-iterate the fact that I have never lost to a pyro. Regarding my friends, we run together In WF's and usually hunt pyros out and 1v1 them whilst the other two /dance. I have proly done more pvp than you've wiped your spotty red bottom. I rarely, very rarely loose a 1v1 and am only really pushed against necro/lock or an identical spec to myself. Fact. If you can't beat them then that's your problem. You can't keep bending developers to your way of think because either your crap at this game or because you won't adapt, re-spec or learn kill certain types of class. I am actually watching when my friends take them apart so I no I am not lying. Also i have probly fought a pyro of almost every level of experience.
    You have probably 100 times more experience than 99% of the people you fight. There is the answer to why you don't have any problems. You're making no mistakes while they're screwed if they make only one, and most likely, they make more than one.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara Atreiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy!
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiandp88 View Post
    2. I run a chloro/lock build and I have never lost to a pyro, infact I rarely lose to anyone! I even dominate some 2v1's yet noone cries nerf for this spec??
    Thank you sir for this statement, we are now looking into the issue and we will start with the whine threads about it in the next few hours.

    Yours sincerely, Global Association of Forum trollers and whiners

    <Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts