+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clerics and Mages, Endless Mana???

Default Clerics and Mages, Endless Mana???

Now Post Update 1.1, Have you ever seen a Cleric or a Mage run out of mana naturally (unvoidknighted) or as a VoidKnight have you ever depleted their supplies???

Its just a simple question that I want to make sure that something isn't broken, when a Cleric can fight 4 players, which were 2 Warriors (one doing Burst, the other doing DPS) 1 Mage and one Rogue having to beat on this Cleric for around, 1min or more just to get him down to zero health, and his mana supplies still were no where near halfway down...

Did that happen PreUpdate???
    Last edited by Nanoth; 04-05-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoth View Post
    Now Post Update 1.1, Have you ever seen a Cleric or a Mage run out of mana naturally (unvoidknighted) or as a VoidKnight have you ever depleted their supplies???

Its just a simple question that I want to make sure that something isn't broken, when a Cleric can fight 4 players, which were 2 Warriors (one doing Burst, the other doing DPS) 1 Mage and one Rogue having to beat on this Cleric for around, 1min or more just to get him down to zero health, and his mana supplies still were no where near halfway down...

Did that happen PreUpdate???

well lets think shall we, lets think how long is a boss fight in a tiered dungeon... now do people want the healer to actually be able to heal them for the fight...

Sorry, but yes we do have ok mana, but we are still not that hard to kill, so a start many mage skills can take off more health than we can reliably put on, especially if we are being hit as that interrupt a fair amount in many specs, but even in warden where it doesnt CC is your friend...

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Ascendant

Better question.

When have you seen a Warrior or Rogue have to disengage (unless one of the indefinite ranged pets is on you), run away to a corner, and have to drink to continue using their abilities?

And mages don't run out of mana. Never have. Almost every soul has a skill that gives near infinite mana.
    Last edited by Tranquility; 04-05-2011 at 04:19 AM.

I definitely run out of mana. If you see me at full mana, its because I just used a level 50 potion. I don't get mana return abilities on my PVP spec. On my PVE Healer, I get one gimpy ability "Cascade" that I have to time just right during long fights, so that I can use it multiple times before going to zero and being forced to use another expensive potion.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
    Better question.

When have you seen a Warrior or Rogue have to disengage (unless one of the indefinite ranged pets is on you), run away to a corner, and have to drink to continue using their abilities?

And mages don't run out of mana. Never have. Almost every soul has a skill that gives near infinite mana.
    Never cause we are normally targeted by smart Mages and Clerics who see us running out to get back our power which... OH WAIT DRINKING DOESN"T GIVE BACK POWER... Only waiting for it to naturally recover (which I might add is really really really really slow considering) gives back power numbnuts. Drinking never gave anything more then Health and Mana...

Regardless any Warrior that Disengages is Focused by the Mages and Clerics who CC, then blast you to oblivion with either a Huge One Hit Wonder Spell or that Dot that Clerics get that does so much more damage then the Dot dealing Warrior. I mean really...

Meanwhile you mages can stand there being Immune to everything we Warriors and Rogues throw at you and you Clerics can infinite heal yourself back up to full health unless half the bloody raid attacks you at once...

Ascendant

Never cause we are normally targeted by smart Mages and Clerics who see us running out to get back our power which... OH WAIT DRINKING DOESN"T GIVE BACK POWER... Only waiting for it to naturally recover (which I might add is really really really really slow considering) gives back power numbnuts. Drinking never gave anything more then Health and Mana...

Regardless any Warrior that Disengages is Focused by the Mages and Clerics who CC, then blast you to oblivion with either a Huge One Hit Wonder Spell or that Dot that Clerics get that does so much more damage then the Dot dealing Warrior. I mean really...

Meanwhile you mages can stand there being Immune to everything we Warriors and Rogues throw at you and you Clerics can infinite heal yourself back up to full health unless half the bloody raid attacks you at once...
    Wasn't sure if this was a QQ thread or not...but now I can see it blatantly is. Posts full of exaggeration, lies, fallacies, and ignorant opinions really offer nothing.

Wasn't sure if this was a QQ thread or not...but now I can see it blatantly is. Posts full of exaggeration, lies, fallacies, and ignorant opinions really offer nothing.
    Oh it wasn't meant to come out like a QQ thread, it was an honest question cause it made no sense to me, that outburst was just me getting tried, sorry bout that, none the less, where are the exaggeration, lies, fallacies, and ignorant opinions please...
    Last edited by Nanoth; 04-05-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    do people want the healer to actually be able to heal them
    For the typical (below average) PvPer...

A healer should heal 1/10 of their (the one doing the killing) DPS.
    Healer should be synonymous with free kill.
    In a 1vs1, they (the one doing the killing) should always win.
    When running in rambo style and outnumbered, a healer should be able to easily keep them alive (contradicting the original point).

As for mana, a Cleric with enough points in Justicar will generally have nearly an infinite amount.

Why would a Warrior need to disengage to regain energy/power? It regenerates so fast of its own accord that it shouldn't be an issue. And did you really just throw a covert complaint about Cleric CC in there? You do realize that Clerics have, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst CC in the game, right?
    Last edited by Enigmatik1J; 04-05-2011 at 04:47 AM.
    Kakimushire, Ashisogi Jizo!
    The High Inquisitor of <Crusade>
    Harrow Server

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatik1J View Post
    Why would a Warrior need to disengage to regain energy/power? It regenerates so fast of its own accord that it shouldn't be an issue. And did you really just throw a covert complaint about Cleric CC in there? You do realize that Clerics have, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst CC in the game, right?
    Ok, yeah I over exaggerated about regen of power, but compare that to a mage's ability to be constantly throwing spells every sec (Exaggeration) where a warrior can throw out a few quickly then his speed slows to something like a skill each 2-3 secs. Its a speed that could use a 'buff' but when I say Cleric's CC I wasn't meaning just Clerics. Besides I only mentioned it cause of this...

This screams, I have never played a Warrior or Rogue...

Ascendant

This screams, I have never played a Warrior or Rogue...
    You have to completely leave combat and chug a drink occasionally, else remain completely useless? Alright.

Soulwalker

I am a level 50 mage, I have mostly blues, a couple purple items- 132 focus, 650ish SP and 550ish crit. I have AROUND 5k mana (depends on my spec somewhat) I do well in T1 esperts, have not tried any T2s yet.

I run out of mana (have to Pot) occasionally while fighting bosses in T1's when I run my Stormcaller/Elementalis spec, as Chloro I have enough mana regen abilities (and a life for mana spell in emergencies) to never be in danger of running out of mana (If I am, I sac life for mana)

In PvP I use Pyromancer. I have run out of mana a few times, this is either due to being drained by a Dominator, or surviving long enough to run down my mana. I generally will not live long enough to run out of mana as I can be taken down by a good melee that gets on me or concentrated down by multiple ranged. I am quite dangerous on my GoS, but there are ways to get me off of it, and to be effective, I must stay in that spot, so running when things go sour is often not an option.

Pyro is pretty strong PvP, probably too much, but not unbeatable. often if a good melee gets on me (and this can happen pretty quick with all the charges and stealth in the game) I will mutuall kill with that other person. It should be remembered that charging up on me will draw both my attacks, and the attention of those near me, as I almost always set up GoS near at least one ally, usually 2-3. That means if you penetrate in to take me out, you are probably taking attacks from my firnds and not just me. You gotta be smart about it, and go in with help or you WILL get burned down. CC my friends, or engage them from far enough back that I have to expose myself by setting up GoS too far forward, also remember, it takes a short cast to get that GoS up, and before I get it up, you can charge stun/silence me to death relatively easily. These are my suggestions to those that haven't figured out how to deal with Pyros yet.

Does Pyro need a nerf? Probably a small one, not as much as many say- please rememebr that up until the most recent patch, mages were a joke in PvP, it will take some balancing to fix this, and I expect we will see a variety of buffs/nerfs for many classes as people learn to abuse/manage what the devs give us. That's kind of the nature of the beast here.

Better question.

Bingo!

Warriors and Rogues don't get "exhausted" after 50 sword swings, and yet people expect casters to run out of mana?
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    Bingo!

Warriors and Rogues don't get "exhausted" after 50 sword swings, and yet people expect casters to run out of mana?
    Dude, even I who plays a cleric think your answer is a troll. Does your wand or staff burn mana ?

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    Bingo!

Another that never played Warrior/Rogue...
    After the first 5 attacks most of the Champ builds are waiting for natural regen to allow for that one skill which is genearlly their spam due to it costing so little, if they are not using that they are waiting for enough power to cast their bigger attack, and when they ain't using an ability they are doing basic damage. Watch that little yellow meter under this lifebar next time, chances are you will rarely see it above 30% mid fight cause it will constantly be dropping back down to 0%.

Meanwhile a Mage can cast his highest powered spell for how many times, how much Mana does it cost to cast your spells? You have how much at max??? While A Mage's Mana bar will keep growing till they reach max stats, a Warrior and Rogue will always be stuck with 100...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast