+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it fair for Soul Purge to hit for 500 a tick and Cadence only 140 a tick?

Default Why is it fair for Soul Purge to hit for 500 a tick and Cadence only 140 a tick?

If the variance limit is imposed due to cadence healing 5 other people, then could we possibly get a single version that just heals the bard + optional pet and that scales with dex/AP similar to soul purge?

I don't think that would be too much to ask for really. It would open up a lot of new choices in the bard spec if we had a self+pet only version that gave us a smidgen of offensive power

Thanks for listening, I really appreciate it

Plane Touched

Soul purge needs charge. We have to build up 80 (for a full purge) charge... And then a rogue sees the juiciest target ever and throws Weapon Barrage at you. Game over.

Prophet of Telara

nope, that would be beyond stupid.

3ticks/2sec of 500 hp healing? meaning 1500hp/2sec healing for a spammable ability? usrsbro?

Rift Chaser

also soul purge heals the caster and his pet.

cadence heals an entire group.

cadence is way more useful generally speaking. there's no way it should be healing the amount that soul purge does, since like other people have said it's spammable and it's an aoe heal.

Plane Touched

I don't quite agree with the OP in terms of numbers but something has to change. Cadence either needs a substantial increase in damage with a reduction in heal output (say 50% instead of 100% while ticking for 300+) or an increase in heal % on damage done:

Either way it will increase their effectiveness to something above joke level at end game for eitherdps or support heals.

Champion of Telara

Soul Purge is not in the Mage healing tree.

Picking and choosing the best ability from every tree, and asking for them all in one tree, is beyond ridiculous.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Soul purge needs charge. We have to build up 80 (for a full purge) charge... And then a rogue sees the juiciest target ever and throws Weapon Barrage at you. Game over.
    Pretty much this though having a Necrolock i do admit that soul purge is allmost too good, however its needing charge the equivilent of needing combo points........wait a minute

Bard should get a new aoe heal based on combo points!!!!!! OMG spread this around it could give them back their support role but make it less cheap and require some strategy!

Shield of Telara

From testing Soul Purge IMO I believe it should be 2nd from top in the Soul Tree or top and decreased a lot.

I tested this at level 29 and at full charge which can take only about 10 - 20 seconds to achieve you can do 2 sets of soul purge. One set of Soul Purge at that level from testing can do around 800 - 1200 damage without critical hits. Oh, and you receive around 1200 - 1500 health back depending. So basically, you can do 2 lots of that damage and health back in a matter of 10 seconds roughly.

Soul Purge in PvP is basically instant death or close to it and also making the Necro Mage practically undefeatable. ( unless you have 2 or more people hitting on them and even then I have seen a Necro Mage handle 3 people using just basic dots for charge and then mass Soul Purges.

Anyways, I am sure Trion will look into it eventually but a suggestion from my end is to move it further up the tree and/or decrease damage output and healing input.

Cheers.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Soul Purge in PvP is basically instant death or close to it and also making the Necro Mage practically undefeatable. ( unless you have 2 or more people hitting on them and even then I have seen a Necro Mage handle 3 people using just basic dots for charge and then mass Soul Purges.
    No, you've seen a warlock survive with Mortality, which is the aoe version of Soul Purge at 20 points in the warlock tree. Soul Purge will not keep a necro alive against three people unless they're braindead or afk. Soul Purge can't keep a necro alive against one champion, even post 1.1

Fail thread need bump.
    comparing an heal soul skill with one from a dps soul. just lol.
    Fremen
    dumbtard pyro bishotting you

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Weapon Barrage
    20 Meter Range
    10 Energy
    Instant
    Cooldown: 10.00 Seconds
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Throws a weapon at the enemy, dealing weapon plus 61 to 65 Physical damage. This interrupts the enemy's spellcasting and silences the enemy for 5 seconds on a successful interrupt. This ability is not affected by global cooldown.

"And then a rogue sees the juiciest target ever and throws Weapon Barrage at you. Game over." Could just as easily apply to when the rogue see's the beam coming out of the banjo - although I fail to see how 5 seconds of silence means insta death to either a mage or a bard...

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    nope, that would be beyond stupid.

3ticks/2sec of 500 hp healing? meaning 1500hp/2sec healing for a spammable ability? usrsbro?
    It takes 3 GCD for my necro/lock to build full charge...and then a full 8 seconds of 500 a tick damage and healing me and my pet for 500 a tick. It may as well be spammable - only need 3 GCD between purges - and all of those GCD are spent on DoT's, not scratching the mage's metaphorical nutsack

Quote Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
    also soul purge heals the caster and his pet.

cadence heals an entire group.

cadence is way more useful generally speaking. there's no way it should be healing the amount that soul purge does, since like other people have said it's spammable and it's an aoe heal.
    Which is why I asked 'if' that was the case, can bards be given a 'cadence-like' ability which heals only themselves plus 1 pet, yet scales with dex+AP and lets them have some type of offensive capability similar to soul purge

Quote Originally Posted by gulain View Post
    I don't quite agree with the OP in terms of numbers but something has to change. Cadence either needs a substantial increase in damage with a reduction in heal output (say 50% instead of 100% while ticking for 300+) or an increase in heal % on damage done:

Either way it will increase their effectiveness to something above joke level at end game for eitherdps or support heals.
    And that is my point exactly. I run a cleric and mage both as well as my rogue, and my Vex on the cleric deals more damage per tick than cadence and heals me for 90% of the dame done, and can be cast on the move and spammed over multiple targets - and that is just 1 DoT. Life Leach also deals more damage per tick, although heals less than vex - still higher dps than cadence though. Does everyone thing it is 'ok' that the main offensive weapon of the bard does less damage than a tier 2 DoT in both the cleric and mage trees, DoT's that also heal their casters?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Soul Purge is not in the Mage healing tree.

Picking and choosing the best ability from every tree, and asking for them all in one tree, is beyond ridiculous.
    I picked the ability closest in comparison to cadence in the mage tree. Choosing stream of reclamation from Chloro would not make sense, because even though that does heal the group comparable to cadence with veil/spores up, it is on a timer and not continuously available. If we are going to compare bard with Chloro...you want me to? I thought not

Quote Originally Posted by SolidOni View Post
    Pretty much this though having a Necrolock i do admit that soul purge is allmost too good, however its needing charge the equivilent of needing combo points........wait a minute

Bard should get a new aoe heal based on combo points!!!!!! OMG spread this around it could give them back their support role but make it less cheap and require some strategy!
    If that was an attempt at..sarcasm? It failed mate. While combo points can be generated just as quickly as mage charge (that's almost equal imo) the damage dealt to achieve 5 combo's/full charge is NOT even close! Mage take 3 GCD with the 5 points in -

Magical Affinity
    Increases the amount of Charge your spells generate by 5%.

And can place a few 5-600 dots in those GCD. A bard can use 1 or 2 cadence, 1 cadence and a power chord - doing at most 4-500 damage generating the 5 combo's (being generous) lets say 2.4k generating charge compared to 500 generating 5 combo's. THEN the mage can use soul purge @ 500 a tick, and the bard is going to what? cast a group heal? damage one enemy for 450?

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    No, you've seen a warlock survive with Mortality, which is the aoe version of Soul Purge at 20 points in the warlock tree. Soul Purge will not keep a necro alive against three people unless they're braindead or afk. Soul Purge can't keep a necro alive against one champion, even post 1.1
    And yet soul purge is 4-5 times as powerful as cadence..

All I want is a second 'cadence like ability' -

Jammin
    20 Meter Range
    50 Energy
    Instant
    Channeled
    The Rogue continuously strums the Banjo, dealing weapon plus 350 Life damage over 2 seconds. Awards 1 Combo Point. While channeling, the Rogue gains an additional Combo Point per second. This attack cannot be blocked, parried or dodged. This ability heals only the Bard and his Pet, weapon damage scales with dex/AP and points spent in the bard tree

Something like that ^^

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Torok View Post
    Fail thread need bump.
    comparing an heal soul skill with one from a dps soul. just lol.
    Lol.. Thanks I needed this after work last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

<3 u fulminate

I want another fulminate, and there are several chances that ill get this before your new cadence
    Fremen
    dumbtard pyro bishotting you

Quote Originally Posted by Teriza View Post
    Lol.. Thanks I needed this after work last night.
    I'll let you two get into a better nutcupping position..ok better?

The reason, as I explained in my post is because soul purge is the closes ability in the mage tree in terms of 'what an ability does'. And who said the bard tree was the 'heal tree'? It is looked at as the heal tree because it has heals, but that does not mean it should be pigeon holed and ridiculed and not shown some lovin'. Chloro can still pump out 600dps, I believe asking Bard to be able to do half of that is not being unreasonable

Rift Disciple

Would you like to dual wield lightsabers and shoot lasers from your nipples as well?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast