+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What needs for this game to be balanced (not a qq thread)

Shadowlander

Default What needs for this game to be balanced (not a qq thread)

I just wanted to make a thread, explaining what I think needs to be fixed for this game to be very well balanced in PvP. The answer is pretty short:

Pyromancers
    And rogues probably needs a few buffs for some of their souls.

That's really all I can think off atm. Pyromancers shouldnt be able to 2-shot people(6.1k fulminate is too much, even with 100% damage), nor should 2 pyros and 2 healers be able to carry port scion by only using fire storm at the bridge while standing in GoS. Now I've mentioned the 3 spells that needs a change, so I'll leave it to you guys to agree or disagree. I also have some suggestions as how to balance these spells:

Fulminate: Lower cd to 20 seconds, lower damage by 30-35%. You get more than a 50% cd reduction and only 30-35% damage reduction, but it wont take 75% of players health anymore.

GoS: (Read this suggestion somewhere else) Simply it consume charge. This way it's something you can use for short periods of them when taking damage instead of simply standing in it for the entire fight(which was a poor design to begin with). Ofcause this means it shouldnt be dispellable, I do however thing it should be possible to silence pyromancers in GoS or knockback/pull. Discuss which would be most balanced.

Fire storm: Simply up the mana cost in the same way healing aoe spells oom the cleric is no one time if spammed. A pyromancer shouldnt be able to chain cast a spell with huge aoe that crits for almost 900 on each player for a full minute(while being immune to cc because of gos) and being able to kill anyone below 50%(Fulminate or instand cinder burst) every now and then.

Last, but not least, rogues. Buff their damage, buff melee rogues survivability. Give them 10% resist and avoidance or something, anything. I wanna see melee rogues in this game doing something else than just ganking the last person in the group that just ressed.

That's about it. Discuss, be constructive
    http://theag.enjin.com/home - Homepage of the guild - The Almost Great

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by clauslever View Post
    I just wanted to make a thread, explaining what I think needs to be fixed for this game to be very well balanced in PvP. The answer is pretty short:

Pyromancers
    And rogues probably needs a few buffs for some of their souls.

That's really all I can think off atm. Pyromancers shouldnt be able to 2-shot people(6.1k fulminate is too much, even with 100% damage), nor should 2 pyros and 2 healers be able to carry port scion by only using fire storm at the bridge while standing in GoS. Now I've mentioned the 3 spells that needs a change, so I'll leave it to you guys to agree or disagree. I also have some suggestions as how to balance these spells:

Fulminate: Lower cd to 20 seconds, lower damage by 30-35%. You get more than a 50% cd reduction and only 30-35% damage reduction, but it wont take 75% of players health anymore.

GoS: (Read this suggestion somewhere else) Simply it consume charge. This way it's something you can use for short periods of them when taking damage instead of simply standing in it for the entire fight(which was a poor design to begin with). Ofcause this means it shouldnt be dispellable, I do however thing it should be possible to silence pyromancers in GoS or knockback/pull. Discuss which would be most balanced.

Fire storm: Simply up the mana cost in the same way healing aoe spells oom the cleric is no one time if spammed. A pyromancer shouldnt be able to chain cast a spell with huge aoe that crits for almost 900 on each player for a full minute(while being immune to cc because of gos) and being able to kill anyone below 50%(Fulminate or instand cinder burst) every now and then.

Last, but not least, rogues. Buff their damage, buff melee rogues survivability. Give them 10% resist and avoidance or something, anything. I wanna see melee rogues in this game doing something else than just ganking the last person in the group that just ressed.

That's about it. Discuss, be constructive
    - your idea for Fulminate sounds good to me

- on GoS charge cosume is not an options because mages dont start with charge and you would never ever get 100 charges for Fulminate also knockback, pulls, or fear to work versus GoS would be silly because its a little circle with the effect of 30% dmg reduce and cc immunity your suggested changes would render the concept of this ground useless. my idea add 30 sec cd on GoS and allow Silences and fix the re-tar-ted additive calculation of percentages 25% dmg reduce(armor) and 30% dmg reduce(GoS) should not be 55% dmg reduce this math is just wrong!!! the overall dmg reduction would only be 47.5%.

- the manacosts for firestorm are allready very high and so this is not an option just dont let GoS stun proc on aoe effects

- and last but not least rogues allready have some of the best survival tools a nightblade can be allmost 15 sec allmost immun to all dmg he can take the fang or controllpoints within the time he is immun he also can spec for jumps and as bard/riftstalker he is one of the best pvp tanks and a annoying fang carrier. up their dmg but dont add more survivablity to pure dps rogues. and up their overall pve dps.
    Last edited by Hilding; 04-05-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Ascendant

fulminate needs it CD doubled to 1.5 minutes. And 1 of 2 things needs to happen to GoS it needs to come with a 20% damage nerf or straight up have the 30% damage mitigation removed. And last inferno needs to be put back on the GCD.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 04-05-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Soulwalker

GoS should consume 5 charge per second (so u can use it for 20 sec with 100 charge) and work like it works like now, no cc, etc, but u carry it around with u, so u dont have to stay in 1 place. this way it wouldnt work just all the time like circle of godmode but u would have to time it

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hilding View Post
    - your idea for Fulminate sounds good to me

- on GoS charge cosume is not an options because mages dont start with charge and you would never ever get 100 charges for Fulminate also knockback, pulls, or fear to work versus GoS would be silly because its a little circle with the effect of 30% dmg reduce and cc immunity your suggested changes would render the concept of this ground useless. my idea add 30 sec cd on GoS and allow Silences and fix the re-tar-ted additive calculation of percentages 25% dmg reduce(armor) and 30% dmg reduce(GoS) should not be 55% dmg reduce this math is just wrong!!! the overall dmg reduction would only be 47.5%.

- the manacosts for firestorm are allready very high and so this is not an option just dont let GoS stun proc on aoe effects

- and last but not least rogues allready have some of the best survival tools a nightblade can be allmost 15 sec allmost immun to all dmg he can take the fang or controllpoints within the time he is immun he also can spec for jumps and as bard/riftstalker he is one of the best pvp tanks and a annoying fang carrier. up their dmg but dont add more survivablity to pure dps rogues. and up their overall pve dps.
    The manacost on fire storm isnt high enough when it crits almost 900 in pvp and can be spammed for a minute. I've seen well-geared mages getting 60 kills in port scion by only using fire storm, fulminate and instant cinderbursts. And I've seen it far too often. Yes, he did have healers, and yes it was a premade, but no other soul comes close to getting that many kills with 3 buttons. Needs a fix in a different way then, something needs to be done atleast.
    And no, simply spreading out isn't a solution for 2 reasons:
    You can't demand 20 randoms to work together. If this was the case, adding 5 second aoe stuns would be balanced aswell, as people "can just dispel them".
    Being forced to spread that much probably means you lose to in port scion, cause half the team will be forced to los.

And I want GoS to require charge, because I want mages to have to choose between damage and survivability like most other people do. They shouldnt just stand still in one spot and cast spells on people till they die.
    http://theag.enjin.com/home - Homepage of the guild - The Almost Great

+ Reply to Thread