+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: This crazy crap has got to stop!

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default This crazy crap has got to stop!

    When did balance include having to field a whole group to take down a cleric or when did balance include the nifty little one man town raids being made by clerics? This is the most overpowered class I have seen in any game so far and I have played them all.

    Great heals, chain, insane aoe damage! These pyros in chain are ruining the game for the rest of us. This class has to be looked at and soon.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojoxrisen View Post
    When did balance include having to field a whole group to take down a cleric or when did balance include the nifty little one man town raids being made by clerics? This is the most overpowered class I have seen in any game so far and I have played them all.

    Great heals, chain, insane aoe damage! These pyros in chain are ruining the game for the rest of us. This class has to be looked at and soon.
    It's a direct result of FOTM baddie champs rerolling. No other class has an undispellable 50% heal reduction with 50% guaranteed uptime.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojoxrisen View Post
    When did balance include having to field a whole group to take down a cleric or when did balance include the nifty little one man town raids being made by clerics? This is the most overpowered class I have seen in any game so far and I have played them all.

    Great heals, chain, insane aoe damage! These pyros in chain are ruining the game for the rest of us. This class has to be looked at and soon.
    You have a wonderful sense of humor, I love it.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    It's a direct result of FOTM baddie champs rerolling. No other class has an undispellable 50% heal reduction with 50% guaranteed uptime.
    Champs have no need to reroll, because Champ/Paragon/X is still 'win'.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Riftspike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmredux View Post
    Champs have no need to reroll, because Champ/Paragon/X is still 'win'.
    LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLO LLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLL OLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLO LLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLL OLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLO LLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLL OLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLO LLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLL OLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

    Get my point? People won't be happy till any warrior running around in a warfront has a giant sign over their head that says "FREE FAVOR". It's just silly how much rage there is at them. Isn't it enough that every thing they could do others can do better now? That isn't from some blind point of view. My rogue tanks better than my warrior. My cleric does better dps, while being able to heal and survive better. I'm currently leveling a mage, and holy hell. Level 16 I **** face.

    I'm no fotm reroller, I got into warriors because I like tanking. Then I saw rogue/cleric tanks and they are nice. The teleports are awesome on my rogue, they let me pull in really cool ways. I can put down my memory around a corner, teleport attack, recall in 3 gcd. With no getting hit on my way back around the corner. Positioning is just awesome. Dodge is great because I take no damage. I haven't started doing experts with him, and I know some say you can't do them as well. I intend to prove them wrong.

    My cleric has a tank spec, and dps spec. The dps spec just blows my warrior away. The numbers aren't as high, but he has great survival, excellent dots, better support etc.

    Then there is my mage. I really can't wait to level him. I'm doing chloro/necro/lock and he is owning in warfronts. Even level 19s can't take me down with 2 of them on me. I've got second spec going for pyro slowly.

    I love my warrior, but why bother. Anything he can do, others can do better.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riftspike View Post
    LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLO LLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLL OLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLO LLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLL OLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLO LLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLL OLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLO LLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLL OLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

    Get my point? People won't be happy till any warrior running around in a warfront has a giant sign over their head that says "FREE FAVOR". It's just silly how much rage there is at them. Isn't it enough that every thing they could do others can do better now? That isn't from some blind point of view. My rogue tanks better than my warrior. My cleric does better dps, while being able to heal and survive better. I'm currently leveling a mage, and holy hell. Level 16 I **** face.

    I'm no fotm reroller, I got into warriors because I like tanking. Then I saw rogue/cleric tanks and they are nice. The teleports are awesome on my rogue, they let me pull in really cool ways. I can put down my memory around a corner, teleport attack, recall in 3 gcd. With no getting hit on my way back around the corner. Positioning is just awesome. Dodge is great because I take no damage. I haven't started doing experts with him, and I know some say you can't do them as well. I intend to prove them wrong.

    My cleric has a tank spec, and dps spec. The dps spec just blows my warrior away. The numbers aren't as high, but he has great survival, excellent dots, better support etc.

    Then there is my mage. I really can't wait to level him. I'm doing chloro/necro/lock and he is owning in warfronts. Even level 19s can't take me down with 2 of them on me. I've got second spec going for pyro slowly.

    I love my warrior, but why bother. Anything he can do, others can do better.
    Maybe you are a better mage/cleric/rogue than warrior? I mean that sincerely, not as a 'L2P' insult. I play with warriors who do quite well in WFs. My gripe with warriors is that the calling is either dps or tanking, they can't offer good support or heals, and I'd like to see that.

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Riftspike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmredux View Post
    Maybe you are a better mage/cleric/rogue than warrior? I mean that sincerely, not as a 'L2P' insult. I play with warriors who do quite well in WFs. My gripe with warriors is that the calling is either dps or tanking, they can't offer good support or heals, and I'd like to see that.
    Naa I wouldn't have taken it as a L2P anyway. It's a valid point. I've considered it, but I simply like my warrior. I just can't get over the fact that the other souls do things better.

    I would like to point out that numbers are independent of bias. Tonight (yes I will upload some screens in about an hour) I got 3 shotted by a mage. Fireball crit, into instant cinder, into inferno. Not sure if the cinder crit, but wow. He took me from full to 0 before I could do anything.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riftspike View Post
    Naa I wouldn't have taken it as a L2P anyway. It's a valid point. I've considered it, but I simply like my warrior. I just can't get over the fact that the other souls do things better.

    I would like to point out that numbers are independent of bias. Tonight (yes I will upload some screens in about an hour) I got 3 shotted by a mage. Fireball crit, into instant cinder, into inferno. Not sure if the cinder crit, but wow. He took me from full to 0 before I could do anything.
    Rift, I don't think that's going to last. Trion went overboard with the gimmees to Pyros, it won't stay that way. the only variable is how long it will take to fix.

    I personally love warriors, too, but until the calling has a bit more 'flexibility' (ahem...healing!), I keep to my Rogue for now. So yeah, I agree, if to a slightly different degree.
    Last edited by gmredux; 04-04-2011 at 08:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojoxrisen View Post
    When did balance include having to field a whole group to take down a cleric or when did balance include the nifty little one man town raids being made by clerics? This is the most overpowered class I have seen in any game so far and I have played them all.

    Great heals, chain, insane aoe damage! These pyros in chain are ruining the game for the rest of us. This class has to be looked at and soon.
    I dunno about the pyros..but clerics are generally supposed to be hard to take down. Least when they are FULLY DEDICATED TO HEALING THEMSELVES!.

    Which well...when a group comes SCREAMING FOR YOUR BLOOD!, are you gonna go OH ****! GOTTA HEAL MY BUDDIES! (all of whom are taking less damage already since said group isn't attacking them likely atm as most of the groups on you) and die quickly, or are you gonna go into turtle mode and laugh as those idiots keep attacking you instead of popping down those others now getting less healing? (honestly doesn't take much to pop most clerics into survival mode, not surely as much as some groups I've seen throw at obvious healers.)

    Learn to play.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrisa View Post
    I dunno about the pyros..but clerics are generally supposed to be hard to take down. Least when they are FULLY DEDICATED TO HEALING THEMSELVES!.

    Which well...when a group comes SCREAMING FOR YOUR BLOOD!, are you gonna go OH ****! GOTTA HEAL MY BUDDIES! (all of whom are taking less damage already since said group isn't attacking them likely atm as most of the groups on you) and die quickly, or are you gonna go into turtle mode and laugh as those idiots keep attacking you instead of popping down those others now getting less healing? (honestly doesn't take much to pop most clerics into survival mode, not surely as much as some groups I've seen throw at obvious healers.)

    Learn to play.
    Some truth here. And, on the other side of the situation, a cleric kept busy healing themselves isnt healing his buds. Just don't pile more men onto him than necessary to keep him outta the fight ;)

  11. #11
    Ascendant Alente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Wait what, are you level 30?

    There are plenty of classes out there that can rock a Cleric's world with CC, not to mention we can't simultaneously be "ZOMGL33T AoE DPS" and healing specced o.o

    A high-damage AoE build would require at least Cabalist (51 points in for Sign of Asias) and probably a bit of Inquisitor, there's no room in that spec for healing/survivability to tank an entire group.

    I put on my robe and exaggeration hat?
    Last edited by Alente; 04-04-2011 at 08:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts