Closed Thread

Thread: Pyromancer Nerf Hits

Default Pyromancer Nerf Hits

Hotfix #13: [NA] TBD - [EU] 3:00am BST 5/4/11

Oh wait o.o

I'm sure the forums will get even more... colorful over the next few days.

Soulwalker

As a Rift defender, I'm starting to wear with the fact that they cannot even make a forum post saying "we messed up, sorry for making pyro's spells do 300% more damage than a rogues. Personally canceled my account but I still have 30 days to see if they will make efforts to turn the end game pvp into something that resembles playable.

ELEMENTALIST
    * Icy Carapace: Rank 7 now lists the correct damage for this ability.

WARLOCK
    * Empowered Darkness: Ability will no longer get overwritten by weaker buffs.
    HAHA! EAT THESE NERFS MAGES!

IN YOUR FACE

Oh wait... xD

Im still looking forward the:

PYROMANCER
    * GoS reworked, it now makes the mage take 30% more dmg and meanwhile increase his casting times by 300%.

anyone agree? Looks balanced to me, Im as good as them at balancing this game xD
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-04-2011 at 08:04 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Plane Touched

The hotfixes aren't used for balancing, it's more just fixing bugs/tweaks. Yes, Pyro needs a giant nerf, but don't do it in some little hotfix patch.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
    As a Rift defender, I'm starting to wear with the fact that they cannot even make a forum post saying "we messed up, sorry for making pyro's spells do 300% more damage than a rogues. Personally canceled my account but I still have 30 days to see if they will make efforts to turn the end game pvp into something that resembles playable.
    Wow you're raging because a class is OP? I mean if the rest of RIFT was crap I could understand, but crying you're canceling your account because you don't like how a particular class is balanced is about as childish as crying like a baby on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Alente View Post

I'm sure the forums will get even more... colorful over the next few days.
    yes they will:
    * The Dye Vendors will be returning from their vacation with this update.
    We are asking for RvR.

aux

* Fixed a bug that was allowing some creative people to equip one more weapon than they had hands for. This was not an intentional advantage of being an Ascended.

This will fix your pyros.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    * Fixed a bug that was allowing some creative people to equip one more weapon than they had hands for. This was not an intentional advantage of being an Ascended.

This will fix your pyros.
    It's a step but I doubt it.

uhm...I'm sure that Pyros weren't the only class doing this..and to be frank I never did it..why even try to fit a sword with a staff? I didn't even know it could be done or how it was being done..so..yea..no nerf here
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    uhm...I'm sure that Pyros weren't the only class doing this..and to be frank I never did it..why even try to fit a sword with a staff? I didn't even know it could be done or how it was being done..so..yea..no nerf here
    Fill your bags. Then drag totem/wand into the slots.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
    Why do bad rogues always cancel their accounts when they cant figure out how to play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Fill your bags. Then drag totem/wand into the slots.
    Uhm..wands are meant to be fit with staffs aren't they? It's considered to be offhanded Ranged(staffs two handed) and afaik is completely legit. I've been fitting wands with staffs since beta 3(no full inventory needed).

Now as far as totems or swords being fit with wands or staffs..and needing your inventory to be full ..yes I would have realized that was a bug/exploit.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread