Closed Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pyromancer Nerf Hits

  1. #1
    Ascendant Alente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,190

    Default Pyromancer Nerf Hits

    Hotfix #13: [NA] TBD - [EU] 3:00am BST 5/4/11


    Oh wait o.o

    I'm sure the forums will get even more... colorful over the next few days.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    As a Rift defender, I'm starting to wear with the fact that they cannot even make a forum post saying "we messed up, sorry for making pyro's spells do 300% more damage than a rogues. Personally canceled my account but I still have 30 days to see if they will make efforts to turn the end game pvp into something that resembles playable.

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara Atreiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy!
    Posts
    842

    Default

    ELEMENTALIST
    * Icy Carapace: Rank 7 now lists the correct damage for this ability.

    WARLOCK
    * Empowered Darkness: Ability will no longer get overwritten by weaker buffs.
    HAHA! EAT THESE NERFS MAGES!

    IN YOUR FACE











    Oh wait... xD



    Im still looking forward the:

    PYROMANCER
    * GoS reworked, it now makes the mage take 30% more dmg and meanwhile increase his casting times by 300%.


    anyone agree? Looks balanced to me, Im as good as them at balancing this game xD
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-04-2011 at 08:04 PM.

    <Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    The hotfixes aren't used for balancing, it's more just fixing bugs/tweaks. Yes, Pyro needs a giant nerf, but don't do it in some little hotfix patch.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
    As a Rift defender, I'm starting to wear with the fact that they cannot even make a forum post saying "we messed up, sorry for making pyro's spells do 300% more damage than a rogues. Personally canceled my account but I still have 30 days to see if they will make efforts to turn the end game pvp into something that resembles playable.
    Wow you're raging because a class is OP? I mean if the rest of RIFT was crap I could understand, but crying you're canceling your account because you don't like how a particular class is balanced is about as childish as crying like a baby on the forums.

  6. #6
    Champion Danog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alente View Post

    I'm sure the forums will get even more... colorful over the next few days.
    yes they will:
    * The Dye Vendors will be returning from their vacation with this update.
    We are asking for RvR.

  7. #7
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    * Fixed a bug that was allowing some creative people to equip one more weapon than they had hands for. This was not an intentional advantage of being an Ascended.


    This will fix your pyros.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    * Fixed a bug that was allowing some creative people to equip one more weapon than they had hands for. This was not an intentional advantage of being an Ascended.


    This will fix your pyros.
    It's a step but I doubt it.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    uhm...I'm sure that Pyros weren't the only class doing this..and to be frank I never did it..why even try to fit a sword with a staff? I didn't even know it could be done or how it was being done..so..yea..no nerf here
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    uhm...I'm sure that Pyros weren't the only class doing this..and to be frank I never did it..why even try to fit a sword with a staff? I didn't even know it could be done or how it was being done..so..yea..no nerf here
    Fill your bags. Then drag totem/wand into the slots.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
    As a Rift defender, I'm starting to wear with the fact that they cannot even make a forum post saying "we messed up, sorry for making pyro's spells do 300% more damage than a rogues. Personally canceled my account but I still have 30 days to see if they will make efforts to turn the end game pvp into something that resembles playable.
    Why do bad rogues always cancel their accounts when they cant figure out how to play this game?

  12. #12
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Fill your bags. Then drag totem/wand into the slots.
    Uhm..wands are meant to be fit with staffs aren't they? It's considered to be offhanded Ranged(staffs two handed) and afaik is completely legit. I've been fitting wands with staffs since beta 3(no full inventory needed).

    Now as far as totems or swords being fit with wands or staffs..and needing your inventory to be full ..yes I would have realized that was a bug/exploit.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  13. #13
    Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,245

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

    If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

    Thank you!

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts