+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB AOE Warrior Fear Resistance

Rift Disciple

Default WTB AOE Warrior Fear Resistance

Short and sweet. I think the Warrior's AOE fear is too effective. It amounts to a group stun that, in my experience, has none of the resistance other things have. This should change to something that breaks on damage or something that has resistance and/or is shorter in its duration.

Plenty of times I get stun charged, beat on, and if I don't die during that then I get AOE feared and then killed. It's too much.

Shadowlander

let me guess......ur a mage...and u want them to rub ur feet and massage ur back now to since their holding both ur hands and spoon feeding u with a bib?

The fear itself isn't the problem, it's the 30 second cooldown. Should be 3 minutes minimum.

The abilities effects should increase with the number of points spent in Champion!

/troll

Ascendant

Warrior fear breaks on damage. Just like every other CC.

Sword of Telara

It also makes you run away from the warrior so is worse for a melee class than an aoe mezz or stun.

It's only saving grace is that it also roots the target.

Ascendant

Its not even the cooldown thats an issue its the range and the fact that its 360. If it were cone it would be fair with that range. At least 4 warrior teams stopped 2 shotting everyone out of that fear when alternating ae fears now. It's really only a huge deal on black garden though.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 04-04-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Plane Touched

cry more please, we're not nerf enough already.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fufy View Post
    cry more please, we're not nerf enough already.
    you are now on par with mage dps/burst wise if not your bad player so dont cry.

the problem is not the warrior fear its all that different cc in the game, diminishing returns mean nothing if there exit a billion different cc effects aka sheep, root, mezz, sap, disoriented, fear, snare and stun.

after every cc effect you shoul be immun to all other forms of cc for at least 5 seconds this would solve most issues this game has in pvp atm and it would be alot more fun to play for every calling.

its just annoying to use break free and be in cc 0.1 sec after.

just add immunitys to all forms of cc effects atm versus good premades you die without doing anything and thats another reason why pyros are so godlike because its the only class not affected by this cc mess.

Are people still playing champion in pvp? We have far better builds.
    Last edited by Vaine; 04-05-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    Are people still playing champion in pvp? We have far better builds.
    I don't see the reason not to. The fear factor is helpful to pickup the fang or the flag when there are people protecting it. If combined, paladin / champion is very good at it. Just stun the main target with your hammer then fear the rest. As for AOE, just activate the Invulnerability and you will pick up the Objective easily.

If you say there is better build, it's your choice and also a possibility. But it does not mean it is better for everyone. It really depends on one's inspiration, playing style and the purpose.

Back to the fear duration/effect problem, I think we should first consider the possibility that a mage can kill you within 3 casting (less than 10 secs). Do not argue that because I already experienced that situation. It is not very fun. So stripped off the fear possibility, what does warrior have? Bull Rush (actually it is bugged as it does not deal damage...)? Break free (yeah sacrifice the whole soul for PVP soul at lower than level 50 is just stupid)? Paladin (yeah so we go paladin)? Void Knight (the same as paladin)?
    Last edited by Marble Daemon; 04-05-2011 at 01:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread