Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trion, you have 3 weeks to show some interest in balance

Default Trion, you have 3 weeks to show some interest in balance

or I quit.

I'm ok with things not being very balanced in PvP right now. Balancing takes time and many loops to get it close to right. However, if Trion doesn't throw out 1-2 balance patches in the next 3 weeks, it's pretty clear to me that balancing (PvP and PvE) is not a priority and thus is not worthy of my subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleck0 View Post
    or I quit.

I'm ok with things not being very balanced in PvP right now. Balancing takes time and many loops to get it close to right. However, if Trion doesn't throw out 1-2 balance patches in the next 3 weeks, it's pretty clear to me that balancing (PvP and PvE) is not a priority and thus is not worthy of my subscription.
    They don't care if you quit. They got your money. They got to add you to their sales figure. They don't care if you quit. Other people don't care if you quit.

My suggestions to you are
    1. don't expect anything from trion, you won't be disappointed that way.
    2. enjoy what little there is to enjoy for the rest of your play time
    3. don't bother posting "I quit if you don't do X" because the company doesn't care if you quit. The other players don't care if you quit.
    4. Keep up on Guild Wars 2 development.
    5. Most of all, follow Star Wars: The Old Republic. That game is great.
    6. I can't stress this enough, don't bother posting "I quit if you don't do X" because no one you want to hear you will actually give a damn if you quit.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Riftspike View Post
    They don't care if you quit. They got your money. They got to add you to their sales figure. They don't care if you quit. Other people don't care if you quit.

My suggestions to you are
    1. don't expect anything from trion, you won't be disappointed that way.
    2. enjoy what little there is to enjoy for the rest of your play time
    3. don't bother posting "I quit if you don't do X" because the company doesn't care if you quit. The other players don't care if you quit.
    4. Keep up on Guild Wars 2 development.
    5. Most of all, follow Star Wars: The Old Republic. That game is great.
    6. I can't stress this enough, don't bother posting "I quit if you don't do X" because no one you want to hear you will actually give a damn if you quit.
    Yes, because Trion has no concerns about revenue stream or future profit, they are purposely aiming to drive off their customers and make them mad. That makes complete sense. Thanks for sharing that bit of financial wisdom.
    Last edited by gmredux; 04-04-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aleck0 View Post
    or I quit.

Having a hissy fit won't get you anywhere. It may raise your blood pressure, however.

Submit good objective feedback. Be as patient as you have tolerance for. If the game remains fun, enjoy and subscribe. If you have no joy, then let your sub expire. But don't think for a moment that you know everything there is behind the scenes with balance and time tables and that it will conform to your deadlines. Just worry about your own. If you loathe the game, move on, come back later if its suits you.

As an aside, PvE is more balanced than PvP. IMO.
    Last edited by gmredux; 04-04-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Soulwalker

Lots of people are making these "OR I QUIT!" posts. They are honestly useless, because as the second poster has mentioned they already have your money and they simply won't carry out balance patches just because YOU want them.

Now if you stated a worthy case with pros and cons like the one I just saw, people will take notice to this and most likely back this unless you are just mumbling on like a senseless person.

Soulwalker

I agree with this 100%. Hissy fit or not, if the developers cannot see that some classes are completely overtuned and it makes the pvp broken and horrid, then that's a game that I don't want to be a part of in the future. Account is canceled and they have 30 days to make progress and I will gladly re subscribe.

Rift Chaser

Lol, you have 3 weeks Trion!
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

It's not about a hissy fit. The whole point of my point is to point out the difference between a logical view of balance and those people who are just quitting because of the balance right now.

I'll give them time to balance things out. If they don't display any action thereto, I'll quit, and I'm sure I'm not along.

You heard him, trion.

3 weeks, or he quit, you better start working.

Last edited by Atreiu; 04-04-2011 at 08:22 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by gmredux View Post
    Yes, because Trion has no concerns about revenue stream or future profit, they are purposely aiming to drive off their customers and make them mad. That makes complete sense. Thanks for sharing that bit of financial wisdom.
    1 million accounts vs 1 random "I quit" post...

No one will even notice your seat at the dinner table being empty, you can count on it.
    Sheldor: Defiant Shamantastic Facial Destroyer - Deepstrike
    This one's dedicated to them girls that let us flop around on top of them.
    MB: ASUS M4N98TD EVO CPU: AMD PHENOM II X6 1090T 3.2GHZ RAM: 2GB DDR3 / 1600 MHZ (x4) GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX 480 1.5 GB (x2) PSU: RAIDMAX RX-1200AE 1200w

From the looks of things now? No, they don't. That isn't really what I said though.

There is nothing special about this poster, just like there is nothing special about me. Do you think Trion executives are going to go "Oh #$%^ Riftspike just quit, quick guys what can we do to get him back?" The answer is, NO. They aren't going to care if I quit. I'm one sub.

Now maybe you feel special, maybe you think if you threaten to quit they will suddenly change things. Maybe you envision a big post on the front page entitled "Please stay with us GMREDUX, we gave in to all of your demands!!!" Who knows, maybe they will do that for you. I know they won't for me, and I don't care. They are behaving exactly as any other company would. They got the initial investment. Now they are worried about attracting more people, even if that means losing a few that they already have. They want their MMO to get bigger, to get more press, to have more subs. If that means having to ignore some that have been around since beta, that's to be expected. I'm not angry at them for that, because I never thought I mattered to them to begin with.

Soulwalker

People that quit, don't rant here. Log into your email and take the survey. Let them know whats bothering you.

They clearly ask you what made you quit and what they can improve on.

Quote Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
    People that quit, don't rant here. Log into your email and take the survey. Let them know whats bothering you.

They clearly ask you what made you quit and what they can improve on.
    What? I unsubscribed and got no email?

Not saying I quit, just that I will go month to month from now on. If I like the way things are going at the end of the month, I will buy another one. I'm not worried about saving a few dollars a month when it comes to my enjoyment.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
    I agree with this 100%. Hissy fit or not, if the developers cannot see that some classes are completely overtuned and it makes the pvp broken and horrid, then that's a game that I don't want to be a part of in the future. Account is canceled and they have 30 days to make progress and I will gladly re subscribe.
    I think you'll be dissappointed in any MMO with that mindset. That's not snark, that's just an honest appraisal after my own 11 years in the industry as a consumer.

Cryptic (now Paragon) studios who runs City of Heroes/Villains (which I have been in since beta) has one of the best dev teams, very responsive, excellent relations with their community, etc. But even they couldn't conform to your standards. So rail at Trion all you want, but its not like Trion is some monsterous ogre devouring your cash and time and some bright ray of sunshine exists around the corner. Go to any MMO forum and you'll see the same posts as you have, no matter how 'great' the company is. MMO developing is a beast, balance is a beast, meeting the needs of 100,000s of players is a beast, and getting called on the carpet by hordes of impatient junenilles is fraying on the nerves.

Yeah, as a consumer, you have the right to do what you want with your time and money. But take a moment to view it from the other side, and you may realize that even a great company is not perfect, or able to meet all demands.

If I were a dev reading these posts, I'd be inclined to pay more heed to the ones that treated me and my coworkers decently, gave informative information I could use (as opposed to rants and opinion) and didn't trash me with names. Because, y'know, I'm human and crap, not some be-halo'd angel of MMO purity and light acting as a martyr for the gaming masses.

I think you'll be dissappointed in any MMO with that mindset. That's not snark, that's just an honest appraisal after my own 11 years in the industry as a consumer.

Cryptic (now Paragon) studios who runs City of Heroes/Villains (which I have been in since beta) has one of the best dev teams, very responsive, excellent relations with their community, etc. But even they couldn't conform to your standards. So rail at Trion all you want, but its not like Trion is some monsterous ogre devouring your cash and time and some bright ray of sunshine exists around the corner. Go to any MMO forum and you'll see the same posts as you have, no matter how 'great' the company is. MMO developing is a beast, balance is a beast, meeting the needs of 100,000s of players is a beast, and getting called on the carpet by hordes of impatient junenilles is fraying on the nerves.

Yeah, as a consumer, you have the right to do what you want with your time and money. But take a moment to view it from the other side, and you may realize that even a great company is not perfect, or able to meet all demands.

If I were a dev reading these posts, I'd be inclined to pay more heed to the ones that treated me and my coworkers decently, gave informative information I could use (as opposed to rants and opinion) and didn't trash me with names. Because, y'know, I'm human and crap, not some be-halo'd angel of MMO purity and light acting as a martyr for the gaming masses.
    We've given them the info. I'm waiting to see what they do about it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast