Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wielding a 2H weapon with an Offhand weapon at the same time

Default Wielding a 2H weapon with an Offhand weapon at the same time

I found a link and posted it so that Trion can see how it is done. They removed the link and closed my thread with this comment:

"Last edited by Vespera; Today at 07:55 PM. Reason: Removed link to exploit"

This tells me that if you are abusing this bug then it is considered an exploit. I advice all of you to stop doing it now. If bans are not handed out then at least I know I got Trion's attention. And they are now aware of it. Link to my original edited post by Trion below.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...f-with-a-Totem

I sbumitted this exploit as well, hopefully this gets taken care of, not hard to tell whos doing it though

Quote Originally Posted by zonezerozel View Post
    I sbumitted this exploit as well, hopefully this gets taken care of, not hard to tell whos doing it though
    It changes alot of my opinions regarding Pyros. Maybe they do not need to be nerfed afterall. Once this exploit is fixed, most Pyros Spell Power should go back to intended levels.

some use this bug not all , its not working as intended and is adding another 1/3rd if not more boost to their damage

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    It changes alot of my opinions regarding Pyros. Maybe they do not need to be nerfed afterall. Once this exploit is fixed, most Pyros Spell Power should go back to intended levels.
    The QQ won't stop, I don't use this exploit and smash it as Pyro.

Would sure explain why I'm hearing about crazy fulminate and cinder burst numbers, but I'm not seeing them myself.

OMG, MAYBE I'M NOT BAD AFTER ALL

[11:13] <Nordain> I'm guessing the hy*** is like the mattress tag
    [11:13] <Nordain> Generally when it gets removed something illegal is happening

clerics and warriors doing it with shields as well, giving em alot more resistance

Banned

I find it hilarious that everyone is up in arms about this but the Genesis Pylon bug has received NO attention that I've seen.

It's a PERMANENT, NON-BREAKING ROOT WITH NO COOLDOWN ON CAST TIME.

That's cool, mages/clerics with it get to farmstatus people, a little more abusive than an extra 200 SP and a little int/wis.

Priorities. Dual wielding is more scary than a massively bugged root that guarantees your death if ever used against you. Cool.

You should all go report the Genesis Pylon bug as well, before that too gets out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    I find it hilarious that everyone is up in arms about this but the Genesis Pylon bug has received NO attention that I've seen.

It's a PERMANENT, NON-BREAKING ROOT WITH NO COOLDOWN ON CAST TIME.

That's cool, mages/clerics with it get to farmstatus people, a little more abusive than an extra 200 SP and a little int/wis.

Priorities. Dual wielding is more scary than a massively bugged root that guarantees your death if ever used against you. Cool.

You should all go report the Genesis Pylon bug as well, before that too gets out of hand.
    ive seen your post before just dont understand how that 1 is done, mage has 1 on a 30 sec cd that doesnt break on dmg

I had to clear up my intentions with a PM sent to Vespera. She offered some encouraging news:

"This exploitable bug really is something they are aware of and actively working on a fix. We know that many people already know about it, and it's a high priority issue for the dev team right now."

A fix is on the way. Hopefully sooner than later.

Banned

I had to clear up my intentions with a PM sent to Vespera. She offered some encouraging news:

"This exploitable bug really is something they are aware of and actively working on a fix. We know that many people already know about it, and it's a high priority issue for the dev team right now."

A fix is on the way. Hopefully sooner than later.
    if ( !player.inventory.isFull() || ( player.isDuelWeilding() && !( (player.inventory.size() - player.inventory.used()) < 2 ) ){
    // Current equip code
    }else{
    // Display inventory full error message
    }

Apply in both client and server.

That'll be $20,000, Trion. Enjoy the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by zonezerozel View Post
    ive seen your post before just dont understand how that 1 is done, mage has 1 on a 30 sec cd that doesnt break on dmg
    Did you watch the video? It's a use-ability of the staff. You simply drag the staff icon into your hotbar, then use the ability. It is supposed to root your target for 8s, have a cooldown, and break on ANY DAMAGE. It has no cooldown. It does not tick down (stays at 7s) and does NOT break on damage.

Therefore it is a permanent, non-breaking root. You simply need the staff to do it.

then seeing the mage balance after this would help, hope all the folks who got epic offhands with staffs get both deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    if ( !player.inventory.isFull() || ( player.isDuelWeilding() && !( (player.inventory.size() - player.inventory.used()) < 2 ) ){
    // Current equip code
    }else{
    // Display inventory full error message
    }

Apply in both client and server.

That'll be $20,000, Trion. Enjoy the fix.

Did you watch the video? It's a use-ability of the staff. You simply drag the staff icon into your hotbar, then use the ability. It is supposed to root your target for 8s, have a cooldown, and break on ANY DAMAGE. It has no cooldown. It does not tick down (stays at 7s) and does NOT break on damage.

Therefore it is a permanent, non-breaking root. You simply need the staff to do it.
    thus why staffs like that shouldnt exist in the first place

" Fixed a bug that was allowing some creative people to equip one more weapon than they had hands for. This was not an intentional advantage of being an Ascended."

To the players who were abusing this exploit to gain more stats you now have to learn to play in normal mode. And if you can't play in normal mode, then feel free to post a QQ thread here about why you're quitting (we don't care)

I'm still interested in seeing Pyro damage after this patch. I still expect to get hit for 1k. But at least I can take that damage now.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 04-05-2011 at 05:15 AM.

I wonder how many of our favorite guilds used this exploit to get ahead in the game? This would explain how those guilds were able to get level 50 and 2 days later move on to Greenscale without having to worry about Hit rating, focus, spell power, etc. and plow through all the DPS checks.

Guaranteed they exploited.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast