+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Block, Dodge, Parry, and casting.

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default Block, Dodge, Parry, and casting.

    A while ago one of these kinds of threads popped up on the cleric forums and I quickly answered with something around the lines of "Can't block, dodge, or parry while casting. Instant casts don't count."
    However, I come to find out that the Cleric-Inquisitor soul's spell Aggressive Renewal actually disobeys this rules completely. A guildy of mine confirmed that he was avoiding attacks while channelling Aggressive Renewal.

    This got me to thinking, was I wrong? Do casts not prevent avoidance? Or maybe is Aggressive Renewal specially designed for cleric tanks to use in conjuction with other mana returning abilities?

    Any mages or bards able to confirm this?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...uMo0eckRM.V0xz
    Justicar 33 / Shaman 22 / Sentinel 11
    "Outlast your opponent" world pvp build.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    I've seen other people mention it before, and I'm pretty sure you have full avoidance at all times, including from behind.

    Have not specifically tested it myself.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Casting doesn't prevent avoidance like it does in The Game That Must Not Be Named, as near as I can tell. I spent all of 34-50 casting Soul Drain and channeling Circle of Oblivion with 4+ mobs pounding on me (I still farm cloth and do quests that way), and had plenty of dodges and parries.

    As I said in another thread, this could be information from the server "crossing in the mail" but I highly doubt it.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harwel View Post
    Casting doesn't prevent avoidance like it does in The Game That Must Not Be Named, as near as I can tell. I spent all of 34-50 casting Soul Drain and channeling Circle of Oblivion with 4+ mobs pounding on me (I still farm cloth and do quests that way), and had plenty of dodges and parries.

    As I said in another thread, this could be information from the server "crossing in the mail" but I highly doubt it.
    The Game That Must Not Be Named didn't invent no avoidance while casting. Hell, D&D had clerics and wizards be outright interrupted while chanting/casting certain spells.
    But that's irrelevent lol
    Last edited by Jondoe; 04-04-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...uMo0eckRM.V0xz
    Justicar 33 / Shaman 22 / Sentinel 11
    "Outlast your opponent" world pvp build.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jondoe View Post
    The Game That Must Not Be Named didn't invent no avoidance while casting. Hell, D&D had clerics and wizards be outright interrupted while chanting/casting certain spells.
    But that's irrelevent lol
    I didn't say it did. It's just the most convenient example that most people will get, as it has a much wider audience than any other MMO or even tabletop RPGs.

    (P.S. I played D&D as far back as '78 and I still play tabletop RPGs. )

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harwel View Post
    I didn't say it did. It's just the most convenient example that most people will get, as it has a much wider audience than any other MMO or even tabletop RPGs.

    (P.S. I played D&D as far back as '78 and I still play tabletop RPGs. )
    Oh man, I'm a young'un born in the late '80s lol. My father got me interested in D&D at a very young age, my brothers and I played table top so often. But, being the kids we were, we never commited to a campaign for more than a couple of weeks. Otherwise, good times were had.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...uMo0eckRM.V0xz
    Justicar 33 / Shaman 22 / Sentinel 11
    "Outlast your opponent" world pvp build.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts