+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Orb Argument

Default Red Orb Argument

Anyone have any SS's or vids of any other class doing 5k and 6k crits against any other player?

The argument for Pyros is that the SS's and Vid's are of Pyro's using the red orb shooting pugs in greens.

Well...

Every other class can and does use the red orb. Surely some of them play against pugs in greens. There must be Screen Shots or Vids of them hitting them for 5 and 6k.

Anyone?

Anyone?

No?

Shut up Mages.
    Last edited by Whistler85; 04-04-2011 at 09:18 AM.

/signed, and blast charge is 6 attacks not 1, im sure jagged strike does 6k dmg over it's full length with red orb but it is MANY ticks of dmg.

deathblow would be the only thing i could think of hitting that but even with red orb and on a naked target in greens (lol?) i dont see it doing much more than 4k dmg, of course that is an execute so if you are that low it will kill you anyways...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Even if it's not posisble to find another class who's damage mechanics are broken by the power ball, it's still abundantly clear (to anyone who can wipe the tears out of their eyes long enough to look) that the powerball is taking pyro damage into unacceptable levels. It's still the powerup causing it, so the powerup itself should be looked at.

Since the anti pyro crowd can't be bothered to post videos of actual "normal" pyro damage, I will do it for them. It's uploading as I type this.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Since the anti pyro crowd can't be bothered to post videos of actual "normal" pyro damage, I will do it for them. It's uploading as I type this.
    The only way your video will be valid is if you then post one of the same character using the red orb. If you post some garbage of a mage hitting for 8-900 you might as well just not even bother because that same mage isn't on par with ones doing 5 and 6k with the orb.
    Last edited by Whistler85; 04-04-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler85 View Post
    The only way your video will be valid is if you then post one of the same character using the red orb. If you post some garbage of a mage hitting for 8-900 you might as well just not even bother.
    I figured there were more than enough of those goin around, but I guess I can do that this evening.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Soulwalker

The only way your video will be valid is if you then post one of the same character using the red orb. If you post some garbage of a mage hitting for 8-900 you might as well just not even bother because that same mage isn't on par with ones doing 5 and 6k with the orb.
    When I get home from work tonight, I'll post the 5400 point shot a mage did to me the other day.

I took a screen shot because PVP is not very fun getting one shotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvok View Post
    When I get home from work tonight, I'll post the 5400 point shot a mage did to me the other day.

I took a screen shot because PVP is not very fun getting one shotted.
    All the mages will tell you it was because he had the red orb. Nevermind the fact that no other class can duplicate that damage with the red orb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Even if it's not posisble to find another class who's damage mechanics are broken by the power ball, it's still abundantly clear (to anyone who can wipe the tears out of their eyes long enough to look) that the powerball is taking pyro damage into unacceptable levels. It's still the powerup causing it, so the powerup itself should be looked at.

Pyro damage is at unacceptable levels even without the red orb, as made clear by the fact that other souls don't get to do 5k-6k with the red orb.

i was killed by a heatwaved pyro before 1.1 came out as a saboteur faster than i could detonate. he had no GoS, this was without powerball this was simply i saw him at same time he saw me and he casted heatwave cinderburst, flamebolt, inferno faster than i could put up 5 charges and detonate. not quite a 1 shot but he had no buffs besides heatwave... cant imagine the machine gunners in their GoS... i havent fought any since 1.1 since i stay stealth and run away, but i remember how bad they were pre1.1 so ill continue to 100% ignore them now.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    Pyro damage is at unacceptable levels even without the red orb, as made clear by the fact that other souls don't get to do 5k-6k with the red orb.
    So a CB crit for 2.4k, non crit for 1.9k, (which can't be cast quickly without a proc that only ticks 10% of the time) and a fulminate crit for 3.4k, non crit for roughly 2.6k (forget exactly the damage but it can only be cast without a full charge bar and has a 45 second cooldown on it's own) is unnacceptable?

Champion

Every other class can and does use the red orb. Surely some of them play against pugs in greens. There must be Screen Shots or Vids of them hitting them for 5 and 6k.
    Does it? Cause when I use the red orb on my warrior, I don't get double damage. I see about 50% damage bonus with it. It doubles attack power, which is only about half your damage (the other half being weapon attack). Now I don't know much about mages, but my understanding is magic weapons add spell power directly, and hence get a stronger bonus from the orb.

Rift Disciple

Can you Warriors and Rogues stop trolling and whining on our class forum?

It is getting pathetic and stupid.
    Stop running champ every WF and try VK or something with some magic defense, I mean seriously.

I even had someone complain about my Chloro killing the in WF earlier, this is getting out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by prysk View Post
    Anyway, we was so horny for this game...

Rift Master

I love my Red Orb Pyro!
    I've gotta take some videos.

Ascendant

Anyone have any SS's or vids of any other class doing 5k and 6k crits against any other player?

The argument for Pyros is that the SS's and Vid's are of Pyro's using the red orb shooting pugs in greens.

Well...

Anyone?

Anyone?

No?

Shut up Mages.
    Yes, 100% spellpower increase does benefit casters a hell of a lot more than 100% attack power. That buff in itself is broken though. It should just be 20-30% damage done. It was 100% damage done in beta which was worse, now it's pretty one sided with equal AP/SP increases when both are not equal. Or hell, it could just be +50% damage done but prevent mounting and reduce speed by 20%. It kind of needs a downside.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 04-04-2011 at 12:30 PM.

After some control tests, I think the ball just needs to go, or needs to benefit mages differently than it does warriors and rogues. A flat damage % on paper sounds like a good idea, but thanks to additive math even that could be abused unless the bonus was kept small.

I'd be happy if they just got rid of them entirely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast